LTE Version

Search This thread

Mister-B

Sep 11, 2010
LTE eSim are not very much available where I live. I have found a provider that can give me an esim but it will be different from the provider on the connected phone,. Will this be present a problem when the watch is in standalone mode? Will I still get notifications when the phone and watch have different telephone numbers?

LTE eSim are not very much available where I live. I have found a provider that can give me an esim but it will be different from the provider on the connected phone,. Will this be present a problem when the watch is in standalone mode? Will I still get notifications when the phone and watch have different telephone numbers?
I think you may run into problems because they are tightly integrated. The watch can make and receive calls - under the phone number on the phone. When the phone number for the phone is called, they both ring but only one can answer the call. Lastly, the dialer on the watch has a button to switch any call in progress directly to the phone (but not visa-versa). Talk to the carrier for the eSim - it may be better to use both the eSim and Sim from the same cellular provider to enable the correct configuration!?!?

- R. Kruse Ludington

Galaxy Note 8<-5<-3<-S3<-Nexus; Droid X; HTC HD2<-Touch Pro 2<-Tilt<-8525; O2 XDA II<-XDA; Motorola StarTac