LTE watch, NumberShare/NumberSync/DIGITS, and “standalone” mode

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
This question is for people who have an LTE watch and are using a carrier sync service like AT&T NumberShare, Verizon NumberSync, or T-Mobile DIGITS.

If you don’t have your phone with you, and your watch is connected to LTE but is in “standalone” mode rather than “remotely connected” mode, will calls and texts to your phone’s number still come through to your watch even though your watch is in standalone mode? Or is it required for your watch to be in “remotely connected” mode for calls and texts to your phone’s number to come to your watch?

Does the answer to this question change depending on whether you have a Samsung phone vs a non-Samsung phone?

step0011

May 12, 2007
Northamptonshire
www.myspace.com
The watch theoretically can receive SMS / calls independently of the phone connected remotely or not, have done myself with phone battery being dead, at times I have known it to default to the handle number allocated to the watch when initially registered, and not my main phone number, but suspect that's a glitch with my mobile operator as it has only happened a couple of times.
I don't have a Samsung phone, my phone is a 1plus 7pro 5G.

Hope this answers your question

Reactions: phositadc

phositadc

May 7, 2010
The watch theoretically can receive SMS / calls independently of the phone connected remotely or not, have done myself with phone battery being dead, at times I have known it to default to the handle number allocated to the watch when initially registered, and not my main phone number, but suspect that's a glitch with my mobile operator as it has only happened a couple of times.

Thanks for the info!

calbrs

Aug 7, 2010
Bay Area
The few times that I have used the watch without the phone, calls and text come in as if it was attached to my phone. The difference is that I am not able to reply to text. It might be because I use a pixel 3 and not a Samsung phone.

step0011

May 12, 2007
Northamptonshire
www.myspace.com
I've had a quick test with my watch with phone tuned off.

I am able to make and receive calls. I cannot receive SMS's with main number, and SMS's sent from watch are from the number originally allocated to it upon registering eSim.

I'm guessing it's using the Galaxy Wear app as a relay for the watch, on this grounds I don't think it matters what phone it's attached to, I'm assuming if you had a compatible Samsung device that supported Samsung wear nativley and it was unable to communicate with the watch, it would do the same thing.

Kind of makes sense that the watch is acting as a dumb terminal to get around the fact that only one SIM card can be registered to one phone number at any one time.
Calls must be handled by some call forwarding witchcraft at network operator end.

Hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The few times that I have used the watch without the phone, calls and text come in as if it was attached to my phone. The difference is that I am not able to reply to text. It might be because I use a pixel 3 and not a Samsung phone.
    I've had a quick test with my watch with phone tuned off.

I am able to make and receive calls. I cannot receive SMS's with main number, and SMS's sent from watch are from the number originally allocated to it upon registering eSim.

I'm guessing it's using the Galaxy Wear app as a relay for the watch, on this grounds I don't think it matters what phone it's attached to, I'm assuming if you had a compatible Samsung device that supported Samsung wear nativley and it was unable to communicate with the watch, it would do the same thing.

Kind of makes sense that the watch is acting as a dumb terminal to get around the fact that only one SIM card can be registered to one phone number at any one time.
    Calls must be handled by some call forwarding witchcraft at network operator end.

Hope this helps.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone