• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question LTPO(Adaptive Refresh Rate) on S21 Ultra looks like just a SCAM.

Search This thread

emirefek

Hi. I was planning to buy S21 Ultra but while looking to reviews they all say it has LTPO screen capable to display between 10hz-120hz. But in real life it's just stays at 60hz and pump it to 120hz. Even in damn AOD, it's 60hz.

If we look iPhone 13 Pro release they are also using LTPO panel and they claiming it will keep rambling around 10hz-120hz while you doing your thing. And they are illustrated what they really gonna do in final product. But in S21 Ultra it's just switch between 60hz&120hz.

iPhone 13 Pro's Claimed to launch software for LTPO display.:

S21 Ultra's scam software for LTPO display:
If we go FAQ page, it claims to ramble around 10hz-120hz but it's just a lie.

I didn't find more videos about that and that video is kinda old. I don't have S21 Ultra in my hands yet. The guy at video just enabled FPS Counter under android's developer settings. If you have free time and wanna test that refresh rate gimmick I'll be very happy to see how things are in newer updates. I think whole XDA community will be great full for it.

I think we really should push and force Samsung fix that. I don't live in America or countries like that which cares too much about customer but probably if someone open case against it there is a high chance to win.

Thank you.

Last edited:

mpore14

Jul 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I got s21 ultra. Refresh rate goes down to 60 and bumps up to 120 when necessary.
I feel like the title is too strong.
I have no issues with the refresh rate as it picks up very smoothly. Getting the refresh rate down to 10 and going up to 120 seems like a lot of work. Generally, I don't care as much because my s21 ultra has a fantastic display.

Reactions: Tristan17

emirefek

If you look in GPU watch and swipe the screen after waiting a few seconds you can see the frame rate go all the way down to 10hz so maybe it is but the fps counter doesn't show it working fully.
Now I Got Phone in my hands. Yes, phone has able to sync fps with youtube or other apps. But it's just a fps counter I think. Probably it does not show screen refresh rate.

Reactions: christophe.gouss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you look in GPU watch and swipe the screen after waiting a few seconds you can see the frame rate go all the way down to 10hz so maybe it is but the fps counter doesn't show it working fully.
    I got s21 ultra. Refresh rate goes down to 60 and bumps up to 120 when necessary.
    I feel like the title is too strong.
    I have no issues with the refresh rate as it picks up very smoothly. Getting the refresh rate down to 10 and going up to 120 seems like a lot of work. Generally, I don't care as much because my s21 ultra has a fantastic display.
    Now I Got Phone in my hands. Yes, phone has able to sync fps with youtube or other apps. But it's just a fps counter I think. Probably it does not show screen refresh rate.