• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lumia 635 fail after updating to 15063 (RS2)

Search This thread

skid9000

Sep 24, 2016
Hi,

I'm running in somme issues with my Lumia 635 ...

I wanted to update it to RS2, but it's not "officially" supported, so i changed the registery to declare the phone as a Lumia 950xl.
No problem.

But after the update, the os boot, but the lock screen won't load ...
I mean, the nav bar and the notifications at the top of the screen are here (cannot open the action center throught) but in the middle, instead of the lock screen, there is a black screen ...

I had this same issue with 2 Lumia 650, but at this time, they were able to auto-connect to my wifi network so i can access the dev web console. And the solution to load the lock screen (and the rest of the ui) was to start the "e-mail & accounts" app from the dev web console ...

But now, my 635 is not auto connecting to my wifi ... So i don't know anymore what to do ...
I tried to use OTG, to see if i can use a usb to ethernet adaptor, but seems like OTG is not working ... And MTP (to backup) either ...

I already try to soft reset and I don't want to hard reset yet because i forgot to backup what was on the phone internal memory ...

If anybody had a genius idea, that would save me ..

-Skid