Lumia 920 Video Out

Search This thread

taimoorhusain

Apr 21, 2006
Im reading some conflicting information all over. Id like to know if there is anyway to do Video out from the Lumia 920. Id like to be able to connect it to a projector and present.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

jeromel

Jul 19, 2008
Winnipeg
Should be possible... But by the looks of things, a custom rom would be required. That's what other phones need. I haven't seen anything for wp8 though except at the press release.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

Bjd223

Jul 3, 2008
USA
Video out is coming via DLNA

http://wmpoweruser.com/dlna-play-to-app-only-coming-to-nokia-lumia-920-in-q1-2013/

A developer from Nokia Beta Labs has released information about the status of DLNA wireless video streaming on the 920. As it turns out the reason it was not included is because there are some dependencies that need to be updated before it will work properly. They also indicated that Nokia would be responsible for updating the software/dependencies and not Microsoft, so this feature may only be available to Nokia Windows Phones.

The developer has indicated that the official release will be Q1 2013.

Last edited:

neftv

Jan 6, 2012
I'm tempted to buy the mhl to HDMI adaptor from monoprice just to try it if I ever get around to ordering it.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

StevieBallz

Feb 13, 2010
Linz
To my knowledge WP8 does not support MHL output. For presentations they have always used USB to PC output (using a Microsoft only tool) and then connected that PC to the Beamer.

buffalosolja42

Aug 19, 2007
Gainesville
to bad photobeamer is not videobeamer

That would be fantastic if it worked locally but I understand the work involved for something like that. Hope that you find a resolution for this.

shdwknt

Dec 24, 2007
To my knowledge WP8 does not support MHL output. For presentations they have always used USB to PC output (using a Microsoft only tool) and then connected that PC to the Beamer.

When the devices first launched and came to our organization - we ran into a problem with this - as it was a question we had for training our employees. M$ made it clear to us that there is a special PC driver they are using to enable this feature and that it would not see the light of day outside of their paid trainers. I personally think this is bull**** and needs to be released - plenty of good stable uses for this.. the iPad/iPhone has this - why cripple your device..

if anyone finds something that would work I would be greatly appreciative.

wcomhelp

May 1, 2012
Calgary
There are two options

1 Nokia wireless nfc beamer

2 plug the phone in to PC via USB and run the project my screen application (desktop) from Microsoft.

Sent from Board Express on my Nokia Lumia 1020. Best phone ever!!
Note to noobs: DON'T PM ME WITH QUESTIONS. POST IN THE FORUMS. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE HERE FOR!