Lurking Noob!!!

Search This thread

quik_joe

May 9, 2010
I've had my hero for a year, i've rooted and had numerous roms installed, but never had a very cool screen. i've really just had the basic screen, just changed wallpapers. i've looked on "post your screenshots" and there were some awesome screens. They didn't really go into great detail on how they got it to look like that. if somebody could give me some tips or just point me in the right direction, that would be great.

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
I'm in the same boat.... Just found out Sprint changed their upgrade policies so I'm stuck with my Hero for another year and just started playing with different themes. It gets really confusing, but if you go to the Hero Theme pages there are a lot of things you can try. Just make sure you have a good nandroid to flash back to if things go wrong, and read, read, and read some more until you understand the instructions. The Skulls & Dragon Themes were pretty easy to use....forgot which post # it was.

waffle_

Mar 7, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I've had my hero for a year, i've rooted and had numerous roms installed, but never had a very cool screen. i've really just had the basic screen, just changed wallpapers. i've looked on "post your screenshots" and there were some awesome screens. They didn't really go into great detail on how they got it to look like that. if somebody could give me some tips or just point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Most of the time if you QUOTE the SS, and ask the poster what setup they have, they will most likely tell you.

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
Alot of it relies on using a different launcher, namely launcher pro, adw launcher, or go launcher. Then you download lots of different apps like minimalistic text, desktop Visualizer, simi clock and lots of other stuff that give you lots of ways to customize your screen.

Like stated above, go to the screenshot thread find a look you like and try and imitate it. If the original author didn't say what he used, quote the post and ask if anyone can tell you. Most people who customize a lot can tell exactly what programs someone else is using.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App