M21 logo loop, can't access recovery

Search This thread

UnableToSee

Sep 30, 2022
My mum tried to do the last update on her phone, during which most probably battery ran out - now phone is basically a brick.

When turned on it's stuck on logo loop, rebooting itself every 5-10 seconds or so vibrating once and repeating. When unplugged or plugged into the wall none of the button combinations work - the phone basically ignores everything.

When plugged to PC via USB I can invoke "updating process"? with Volume Up + Power / Volume Up combination, which should lead me to recovery menu - instead the phone goes into "update", loads bar up to 25%, gets stuck for about a minute or so, reboots and goes into logo loop.

Hard reset also "works" when plugged into PC - update screen shows up, gets stuck on 1%, phone gets hard rebooted, update comes up again, goes up to 25%, reboots and on to the logo loop...

Can I even somehow get into recovery mode to wipe cache to allow the phone to get update again or even wipe data to flash custom ROM? Screw data, I just want to make it work and not have a brick lying on the desk...

OldNoobOne

My mum tried to do the last update on her phone, during which most probably battery ran out - now phone is basically a brick.

When turned on it's stuck on logo loop, rebooting itself every 5-10 seconds or so vibrating once and repeating. When unplugged or plugged into the wall none of the button combinations work - the phone basically ignores everything.

When plugged to PC via USB I can invoke "updating process"? with Volume Up + Power / Volume Up combination, which should lead me to recovery menu - instead the phone goes into "update", loads bar up to 25%, gets stuck for about a minute or so, reboots and goes into logo loop.

Hard reset also "works" when plugged into PC - update screen shows up, gets stuck on 1%, phone gets hard rebooted, update comes up again, goes up to 25%, reboots and on to the logo loop...

Can I even somehow get into recovery mode to wipe cache to allow the phone to get update again or even wipe data to flash custom ROM? Screw data, I just want to make it work and not have a brick lying on the desk...
Have you tried using reiboot-for-android.exe by Tenorshare Co Ltd? Might help. Or if the device is within warranty then try Service Centers for that device.

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Samsung Galaxy M21
You can try flashing stock rom from odin.
Download your current stock rom from samfw.com and extract the zip file.

Install odin and samsung usb drivers (link) and reboot your pc.

Reboot into download mode from your phone and press volume up:
Keep USB connected, Hold Volume Down and Power buttons, When screen turns off, hold Volume Up and Volume Down buttons

Open odin and load the files:
AP = AP*.tar.md5, BL = BL*.tar.md5, CP = CP*.tar.md5, CSC = CSC*.tar.md5

Click flash and wait till it says pass

Press and hold volume down and power to reboot. The first boot can take a while. Hopefully this will fix it.

Last edited: