M6+ Pocket Dlp Projector with Android 4.4.4 unpacking & first test

Search This thread

Simotricci

Jun 6, 2018
Hello. Thanks. I wasn't able to find a new firmware and send it back. According with the vendor he give me a good sale on this.

Full aggiornable! And 2 gb ram.
Thanks anyway and hope it is good
w w w.amazon.it/gp/product/B07CVWLKR4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Inviato dal mio CMR-AL09 utilizzando Tapatalk

just_nicks

May 4, 2012
E-05 Dlp mini Projector Rk3128, 1G/8G

i need E05 dlp mini projector rk3128 firmware kindly if any one have it please share with me or if u have this same model plz make a zip file and copy your stock system files and send me plz contact me nomannaeer@gmail.com

Last edited:

JakeSingle

Oct 30, 2010
I was able to get a hold of Aodin as they also sell this projector. Customer support was awesome and helped out tremendously. I was able to get firmwares for the 32GB that I have and a request for the 8GB version. If someone needs the 16GB version let me know.

Hey can i get a link to the 16gb version please?

JJ_JoePL

Jun 2, 2020
I also got myself a M6 portable projector and I must say it's really awesome! I was not expecting it to work so nice. Mine is ECsee M6 (at least that's what I managed to read from the box and find out in the internet. 1 GB of RAM and 8GB of Memory, based on Rokchip RK312

I boutgh it on auction where it was claimed to be working fine although description was quite chaotic. So I was actually suspecting that something might be wrong with it - and it was. Projector was turning off, displaying image and stuff, but it was like constantly rebooting, and I could do nothing in the system. So I decided to give it a try and re-install android. Now it works like a charm :).

I think it might be worth to share with anyone who is interested how to re-install the system (and is less advanced n android - like me). I put together all the steps & instructions & guidelines posted in posts before (HUGE THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GUYS WHO GAVE THEIR HELPING HAND IN PREVIOUS POSTS!!!!!!!!!!)

Here is what I did:

1. First you need to install RokChip USB drivers on your computer. Just download & install
2. Then download Rokchip Batch Tool
3. Then download proper firmware, I used the one for: RokChip RK312 1GB RAM 8GB MEMORY (link to it on google drive is posted in one of the previous posts)
4. Connect your projector to your PC (using Male to Male USB cable), and do following:

A) switch off the projector.
B) press and hold the left arrow key "the outer most key from the power key".
C) while holding left arrow key press and hold power button until you hear sound from pc indicating that device is connected. Release buttons when your computer shows to you that new device is installed
D) now open the Rokchip Batch Tool and choose the rom to use.
E) if your device is connected properly you will see green indication for your device in the Batch tool (which means you are good to go)
F) press "RESTORE" and wait untill all job is done
G) close Rokchip Batch Tool and restart/power up your device
H) all should be working now :).

In the internet you can easily find RokChip latest USB Drivers and Batchtool and detailed info in english how to use it :). I would paste some links, but I can't as I am new user.

I don't know if there is any new software available and how to identify right one for EcSee M6 1GB Ram 8GB, but the one I used did the job, and now my projector works just fine :). I hope this helps. Cheers!

By the way (as I am completely green in this area). If I have right now 1gb RAM 8GB ROM version, can I use 1gb RAM 16GB ROM firmware to update? Of course I don't expect to suddenly have more space (which simply won't happen), but I am just curious that if only difference is ROM storage - will it work?

Last edited:

JJ_JoePL

Jun 2, 2020
Guys, is there a way to get latest firmware for 1GB RAM 8GB ROM version? As far as i managed to find out there is already 7.1 android but i can't identify which one is correct...can someone maybe post a link? I tried to reach out to Aodin, but they require amazon order number, which i obviously don't have :(. Any help? Sorry for post under post but i didnt want to start new thread, or make my prev post even longer :). Thanks!!

Whitebimmer

Aug 1, 2017
Guys, is there a way to get latest firmware for 1GB RAM 8GB ROM version? As far as i managed to find out there is already 7.1 android but i can't identify which one is correct...can someone maybe post a link? I tried to reach out to Aodin, but they require amazon order number, which i obviously don't have :(. Any help? Sorry for post under post but i didnt want to start new thread, or make my prev post even longer :). Thanks!!

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=15--vte3f3-T2Zf5dx2ozRjwn0YX9kFhW&export=download

Newest OTA + usb drivers + flash tools. After flashing U must wait around 5 - 10 minuts till U will see Home Screen. Connect to wifi and couple of times U will be have updates (dunno why not by once.... its mean reboot x as many as number of updates)
For 32GB , but WORKING WELL with 16 GB, so I think OTA works with all wersion of storage ;)

U welcome ;)

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=15--vte3f3-T2Zf5dx2ozRjwn0YX9kFhW&export=download

Newest OTA + usb drivers + flash tools.
For 32GB , but WORKING WELL with 16 GB

Last edited:

DaRiP

Jan 8, 2014
Good news! Android 7.0 it's avaliable for our projector!!
The seller send me the zip for 32Gb storage version and said still got some bugs...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wz1c5W_EjakbWSrCmpn2MI3kHPLqO4ZN

Hi Folks,

In case it helps anyone, i was for giving up on this projector (AODIN T89 other wise known as M6S) due to the outdated firmware, but i found this thread, did the update to android 7 and can report that all features seem to be working, projection, auto keystone, wifi, bluetooth, and HDMI in all good! Thanks for the link! Projector now has a new lease of life with newer apps able to load on android 7, whoop whoop! :)

chanr

Apr 14, 2017
Hi Folks,

In case it helps anyone, i was for giving up on this projector (AODIN T89 other wise known as M6S) due to the outdated firmware, but i found this thread, did the update to android 7 and can report that all features seem to be working, projection, auto keystone, wifi, bluetooth, and HDMI in all good! Thanks for the link! Projector now has a new lease of life with newer apps able to load on android 7, whoop whoop! :)

Hey I've had mine for almost 2 years and had given up on it
Would this ROM work for the projector that does not allow HDMI input?

Anths79

Oct 23, 2021
Hey guys. I have an ebox air mini projector which is exactly the same specs as this m6 projector. I tried upgrading to android 7 and now my screen is all funny, its blue at the bottom and full of lines on the top. I have connected the projector to tv and i can see the android version is working just not on projection. Does anyone have a stock firmware i could try? Thanks

manch6977

Oct 7, 2022
Hello ,

At 20 NOVEMBER , 2018 , I bought product from aliexpress , But product that I bought can not support new version due to I have old version android 4.4.4 .

For this reason , I can not use any software in product like youtube ext.

Can you give us information about that issue and solution ?

PRODUCT : AODIN M8S 32G ANDROID

I wiil be wating for your response.

aodin2.jpg
Thanks.

Best Regards.

manch6977

Oct 7, 2022
Guys, is there a way to get latest firmware for 1GB RAM AODİN M8S 32GB ROM version? As far as i managed to find out there is already 7.1 android but i can't identify which one is correct...can someone maybe post a link? I tried to reach out to Aodin

merc77

Nov 2, 2022
italy
Hello,
I have another m6/ Aodin T88 / ExQuixOn P8 variant.
White case with black border;
Rear label : Mobile Smart Projector 1080p Ultra HD S/N : 1700785 ...
My Hardware
- RK3128 ,
- 1gb ram,
- 8gb flash rom (Sandisk DG4008),
- Terawins T113AI visual processor
- AP6330, radio module (Bluetooth 4.0 + Wifi 2.4Ghz/5Ghz)
- DPP2607, DLP

hdmi OUT,
auto keystone,

Build in my projector:
RK30_ANDROID4.4.4-SDK-v1.00.00
rk312x-eng4.4.4KTU84Q eng.hss.20180112.123757
(Default apps : Eshare, Netflix, NOT KODI...)
BootLoader seems to be rk3128MiniLoaderAll v2.35
I made a backup of this build.

I downloaded the 7.1 update posted here (S6 32G_20190920_7.1_OTA.zip)
I opened the zip but the fw inside the .zip says "...hdmi_in...",
while I have only OUT :/
I unpacked and mounted 7.1 system.img to look into it and compare to the 4.4.4 system.img. Any suggestion?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since nobody answered or sent out a link the the firmware, I went through hell and back to find the firmware. If Dibbyb's comment in post 4 is correct, then I was able to find the exact firmware.

Here is the link where you can download it. I also include RockChip Batch Tool v1.8 with USB drivers and Driver assistant in the .rar file, which I assume is the tool that is used to flash the projector (at least this is the tool that I use to flash all my Rockchip android devices)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1NotYQ6bD8tcDdUODlTb1R1U3c

As my projector hasn't arrived yet, I haven't validated this image., just going by the image name that Dibbyb mentioned. So I claim no responsibility if something goes wrong. For anyone who decides to try this image, please let us know if it works and how you flashed the image. It particular I'd like to know how to put this projector in recover mode so that you can flash the image using the RockChip Batch Tool.
    I uploaded all the files I got from the vendor to my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8KlveWBbX98WG9pdWNjMmRGRjg?usp=sharing
    I was able to get a hold of Aodin as they also sell this projector. Customer support was awesome and helped out tremendously. I was able to get firmwares for the 32GB that I have and a request for the 8GB version. If someone needs the 16GB version let me know.

32GB version : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1NotYQ6bD8tM3NfWjlfYm1SSmM
    8GB version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1NotYQ6bD8tN3piUFNTNUFTcnc

Thank you very much for your help

I confirm that the 8gb version work very smooth

my projector get back to life after more than 3 month and it did work like a charm

much appreciation

No worries, glad I can help out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EO9r9R1FGg

Got myself a 'made in China' pocket projector.
    It only has the size of a phone and has a 5000mah battery so it's easy to enjoy a big screen everywhere.
    (A full battery gives about 2 hours and 15 minutes of projection time at full brightness and the projector easily goes over 100 inch in projection size)
    It has Wifi & Bluetooth, 2 usb connections, an infra red receiver, a hdmi out, earphone/line-out and runs on Android 4.4.4.
    The usb makes it easy to connect harddisk, memory stick,.. but also things like keyboard & mouse. (you can also use it as a powerbank to charge your phone.-
    The built in speaker has 1 Watt and sounds quite loud for this little device but it has no bass so you can connect it also to a soundsystem with the line out (or wireless with bluetooth) for better sound experience
    It has a native 854 by 480 resolution, which is not HD but as you see in the youtube video it is a very clear and sharp image.
    The built-in media player supports about every music, video and picture format (if it is supported by an app in android)
    It is advertised on various websites going from 120 Ansi Lumen up to 1000 lumens but the actual lumens are 100.
    For such a small projector this is more then enough. It is visible inside during daytime (not outside in direct sunlight) but it is at it's best in low light/dark room situation.

The Playstore is fully working so almost every app can be installed. Apps that mirror your phone/laptop screen let you enjoy everything wireless with wifi on a big screen
    The launcher provided is nice but provides no settings which is a shame because if i delete an app from the homescreen the picture shortcut will stay and i can't replace it with something else. (I however always can install another launcher from the playstore)
    It also has no pulldown menu for notifications/quicksettings, so if i get a notification, i can hear it but i cannot open the pulldown screen :)
    The quadcore Arm Cortex a7 with RK3128 chip makes the Android in this projector react very smooth & fast.
    It has 1 gigabyte ram & 16 Gigabyte internal memory. 1 gigabyte is not that much because most apps will only install in this memory and you start with only about 500 megabyte of free storage place.

The only minus is the Hdmi connection slot.. It doesn't support Hdmi IN, only hdmi out, that means you can not connect a game console to it for playing games. The Chinese sellers didn't mention it was only hdmi out.. (who wants a hdmi out to a smaller tv screen that shuts down the projection screen once connected lol)