M7+M7vzw+M7spr AICP-13.1-O 8.1 UNOFFICIAL BUILDS

Search This thread

icxj1

Mar 7, 2016

logo_black.png

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
SlimRoms team
Resurrection Remix team
Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@eyosen
@semdoc
@Drgravy
@Hashbang173
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@eboye
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 13.1

Download link m7: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=239910
Download link m7vzw: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=238220
Download link m7spr: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=239908

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Google Apps:
(link the best one for your device, there are several variants out there right now, pico/nano gapps from opengapps.org is almost always a good choice though)

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
Before using the ROM:
Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
A. Yes, just look in the OP to see if your device is built on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
A. You will need to use the version arm64/arm/whatever for SDK 27.

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
Q. How do I enable software buttons?
A. Go to Aicp Extras/Navigation bar, and enable it.

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
How to flash:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
6. Reboot your device.

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update)

Currently Supported Root Solutions:

Magisk stable
Magisk versions higher than 14.0 doesn't require flash on every dirty flash depending on the deivce, some devices need you to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise it should be fine

KERNEL:
The kernel in this ROM follows LAOS source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
To be able to flash using the built-in OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
You can still use the LAOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery. The Zipfile gets saved in the "aicp_ota" folder on your internal storage.
Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery. Keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!​

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
https://github.com/icxj1/android_kernel_htc_msm8960/tree/o8.1

ROM & Additional links:
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP on Github

AICP G+ community

Contributors:
@icxj1
@alial04
@tathanhlam66

ROM OS Version: 8.1.x Oreo
Kernel: Linux 3.4.113

Version Information: Development
Release Date: 02-28-2018

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
HTC ONE M7ul,wlv,wls, ROM for the HTC One (m7)

Contributors
icxj1, alial04
Source Code: https://github.com/AICP/platform_manifest

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: All of the above

Version Information

Created 2018-02-28
Last Updated 2018-02-27

Last edited:

icxj1

Mar 7, 2016
This ROM is testing & development. I know it must be hard for some to comprehend, the source is not complete yet. And the more they advance the less compatible m7 becomes.

Please report bugs with logs! No need to report what works on N ROM that does not work on O. M7 is not compatible for Oreo & i have many modifications to make it work. If you cannot live with a few bugs for awhile then GTFO! I do not get paid to maintain or develop so I don't want to here your pissing & moaning about an piece of **** obsolete device.

Bugs= "system process isn't responding" anr warning on boot. Select wait & carry on. This is caused by system partition not being mounted early enough in the boot process. 8.0+ expects an early mounted system partition. This is handled in the kernel by use of a separated dts, our kernel does not support dts for m7.

Lock screen with pin or password causing problems for some user's. not sure the entire issue, but reports of waiting up to 5 minutes to unlock. ??? send logs on this please.

Rooted devices must enable d2tw & pocket mode in kernel aduitor to fix proximity wake not working on outgoing phone call, (when screen is black dt2w it). Not an issue on non-rooted devices.

It is pointless to post here, most don't read it & will report the same bugs over & over in thread.

Last edited:

icxj1

Mar 7, 2016
Last edited:

samhhmobil

May 25, 2017
Hamburg
Hi @icxj1

Thanks for the developement work!

May I ask,...? What's about Google certification? PlayStore says: "not certified".
And Magisk says: "basicIntegrety: true" but "ctsProfile: false"

Will you even work on that? That would be great. Thank you very much.

samhhmobil

icxj1

Mar 7, 2016
Hi @icxj1

Thanks for the developement work!

May I ask,...? What's about Google certification? PlayStore says: "not certified".
And Magisk says: "basicIntegrety: true" but "ctsProfile: false"

Will you even work on that? That would be great. Thank you very much.

samhhmobil
Gapps are beta, search their unofficial thread & see if you can find anything. And m7 will probably have to start using the magisk universal cts module. Search magisk modules for zip.

https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/arm-unofficial-opengapps-builds-android-t3743495/page28

Last edited:

lucyr03

Dec 23, 2013
Constanța

olivrd

Feb 27, 2017
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
first of all, thx for sharing all the work, the rom (20180228) works very smooth and definitely usable this time. besides the known bugs, i've also noticed (so far) problem with the proximity sensor (not working incalls and cpuz), wifi doesn't reconnect when registered network becomes visible (i have to turn it on and off to get it going), some wifi drops (occasionally) and wifi disconnecting while sleep (also occasionally).
sorry no logs, will do them when can, just wanted to say thank you!

edit: also, i have to reinsert the sim card upon restart.

Last edited:

saturday_night

Sep 7, 2016
first of all, thx for sharing all the work, the rom (20180228) works very smooth and definitely usable this time. besides the known bugs, i've also noticed (so far) problem with the proximity sensor (not working incalls and cpuz), wifi doesn't reconnect when registered network becomes visible (i have to turn it on and off to get it going), some wifi drops (occasionally) and wifi disconnecting while sleep (also occasionally).

edit: also, i have to reinsert the sim card when os booted.

This device, the m7 allways had wifi problems even with stock rom it drops sometimes and doesnt connect when a known network is around sometimes. That must be related to the hardware because it was in all android versions from 4.1.2 up to 8.1 in stock and all custom roms the same no matter which firmware is used stock sense or gpe.

Reactions: Trilliard and icxj1

lucyr03

Dec 23, 2013
Constanța

edit: also, i have to reinsert the sim card upon restart.

For the sim card problem you just need to enable then disable airplane mode instead of reinserting it.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Did anyone managed to install V4A on this rom? I installed it but the driver isn't functional.

Reactions: olivrd

icxj1

Mar 7, 2016
For the sim card problem you just need to enable then disable airplane mode instead of reinserting it.
Aha, good idea. It seems this sim card issue is only happening on m7 if build m7vzw first. Next builds I will make clean & run m7 first then will see if problem still exist.

icxj1

Mar 7, 2016

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Did anyone managed to install V4A on this rom? I installed it but the driver isn't functional.
Is that video related?

samhhmobil

May 25, 2017
Hamburg
Flash this zip in twrp to fix safetynet, I tested it and working fine on this rom.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754455235

Thanks, THAT'S IT. Great.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I see, it's working very well.

- Video recording in Camera app is not working (as told before by some other member).
- GPS is marked as "Supported" but Enabled "No", and not possible to enable (but working GPS is important to me, so we have to wait for the devs and their great work).
- IR is marked as "Not supported" - even it is in the device -, sigh (it's not really very important to me, but it's "nice to have").
- Mobile data work correctly, but it's impossible yet to switch it off.
- WiFi works to me, even reconnects.

Thanks again,
samhhmobil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @Drgravy
    @Hashbang173
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 13.1

Download link m7: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=239910
    Download link m7vzw: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=238220
    Download link m7spr: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=239908

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Google Apps:
    (link the best one for your device, there are several variants out there right now, pico/nano gapps from opengapps.org is almost always a good choice though)

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look in the OP to see if your device is built on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. You will need to use the version arm64/arm/whatever for SDK 27.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
    Q. How do I enable software buttons?
    A. Go to Aicp Extras/Navigation bar, and enable it.

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
    A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
    How to flash:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Reboot your device.

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update)

Currently Supported Root Solutions:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions higher than 14.0 doesn't require flash on every dirty flash depending on the deivce, some devices need you to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise it should be fine

KERNEL:
    The kernel in this ROM follows LAOS source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash using the built-in OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
    You can still use the LAOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery. The Zipfile gets saved in the "aicp_ota" folder on your internal storage.
    Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery. Keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!​

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/icxj1/android_kernel_htc_msm8960/tree/o8.1

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP on Github

AICP G+ community

Contributors:
    @icxj1
    @alial04
    @tathanhlam66

ROM OS Version: 8.1.x Oreo
    Kernel: Linux 3.4.113

Version Information: Development
    Release Date: 02-28-2018

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    HTC ONE M7ul,wlv,wls, ROM for the HTC One (m7)

Contributors
    icxj1, alial04
    Source Code: https://github.com/AICP/platform_manifest

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: All of the above

Version Information

Created 2018-02-28
    Last Updated 2018-02-27
    Should have ffcamera in this one & mobile settings partialy fixed, no data usage info & quick settings tile will crash. please do not report these bugs, i already have logs for them. enjoy!

m7 += https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939822539
    m7vzw += https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657586018
    m7spr += https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569956907
    Anyhow, To Hell with oreo! I will release a new build soon, still working on the pure source build + some tricks i have learn from android 9 along the way. Now it is time to move on towards better things, Maybe even eat a little piece of PIE :p. I have it! of coarse it is bugged, that is part of the fun. Soon as i fix wifi then i will start thread & let you guys play to :laugh:

Screenshot_20190304-220233_Settings.png
    Builds are up!

test for all firmwares. should be faster restarts with less hang. more free ram. you should clean flash build first to test pin unlock, if it works then you can reflash with gapps & setup. if it don't work restore backup & dirty flash. You may need to clear camera app data on dirty flash also.
    i went 8 hours 43 minutes on vzw with no reboots, finally it shut down from low battery after using it for hotspot to upload 3 builds. your welecome :p

m7 += https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569962613
    m7vzw += https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754469042
    m7spr += https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939828612

Remember to select wait on the "process system is not responding" warning. its next on the list along with data usage.
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]