• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

M8 Stagefright patch apply to s-off, rooted, unlocked & Stock

Search This thread

gjrscribe

Apr 29, 2011
Hi,

I see the Stagefright patch came out today. I'm on Stock Rooted Lollipop with S-off and unlocked. My phone was able to download the patch but then went to TWRP recovery so no dice.

I'm aware of the process needed to get the OTA to work. Just wondering if any side-loadable forms of the Stagefright patch may be forthcoming from some of the genius developers around here. Obviously want the fix but not so sure about having to undue everything on my phone.

Otherwise, is the best suggestion to reflash stock recovery and then take the OTA? IS it true this won't re-lock my phone or S-On it again? Seems if these remain unchanged from current state I would have easier time.

Thanks for ANY advice. Always appreciate it.

tdc0z10

Dec 17, 2011
Tallahassee
I just noticed that my phone was downloading the OTA, im s-off,stock,5.0.1. I see you took the OTA, did you have any issues with the phone? Im currently trying to figure out if i should take it, just dont want to brick my phone or anything

gjrscribe

Apr 29, 2011
My phone downloaded, went into recovery. Saw that it was TWRP and didn't do anything. So technically, the download didn't take. I will wait as the next comment suggests....flashable zip is surely inbound.

Thanks!

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I would just sit tight. Someone is bound to extract the contents and post a flashable zip with confidence that it won't cause any problems. Give it a day or 3.

My phone downloaded, went into recovery. Saw that it was TWRP and didn't do anything. So technically, the download didn't take. I will wait as the next comment suggests....flashable zip is surely inbound.

Thanks!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3196906

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk