• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

M9 Developers Edition 5.1 update Up.

Search This thread

BR7fan

Jun 18, 2013
Sioux City, IA
Mine too

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-03-14-25-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-03-14-25-52.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 4,522

Chingonazo

Apr 3, 2009
Forest Grove, Oregon
Initial thoughts after just a few minutes of playing with the camera and a few other things, camera launches much faster and pictures look more detailed and consistent. Phone feels smoother and more responsive when double tapping to wake it. If people continue complaining about the M9 after this update then there is no pleasing them. This is why I keep coming back to HTC. I will not fall for the gimmicks that other brands are selling. I will report back if I find anything else of significance.
Chingonazo

evileyez3

Aug 10, 2007
I don't have the developer edition of the M9, but I do have the Unlocked edition from HTC and I can confirm I just got the same update about 30 minutes ago.

Reactions: Ramsey

BR7fan

Jun 18, 2013
Sioux City, IA
Mine will not finish update . It keeps aborting. Can someone please be kind enough to make an ruu zip ? The exe way don't work on my PC. I have to do the sd card/0PJAIMG.zip way. Thanks
Edit
Just seen this post

Edit #2
Going to need full ruu zip when available

Last edited:

bmwmane46

Jun 1, 2015
Initial thoughts after just a few minutes of playing with the camera and a few other things, camera launches much faster and pictures look more detailed and consistent. Phone feels smoother and more responsive when double tapping to wake it. If people continue complaining about the M9 after this update then there is no pleasing them. This is why I keep coming back to HTC. I will not fall for the gimmicks that other brands are selling. I will report back if I find anything else of significance.
Chingonazo
That is the answer we need ? HTC is improving & listening ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Mine will not finish update . It keeps aborting. Can someone please be kind enough to make an ruu zip ? The exe way don't work on my PC. I have to do the sd card/0PJAIMG.zip way. Thanks
Edit
Just seen this post

Edit #2

All my Developer Edition files are here: Including the 2.8.617.4 system_image.emmc.win, Stock Recovery and Firmware.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=28824

Last edited:

blueberry60

Nov 13, 2010
I want to turn my M9 Int.S-OFF Device to Dev.Edition ? Do I have to change my MID to 0PJA11000 or is it only enaugh to change CID ?

frankcck

Jan 23, 2011
New York City
Anyone know why there're two different version number? One as 2.6.651.11 and another is 2.8.617.4? Since I'm DevEd phone, don't know why I got 2.6.651.11 update notification.

BriniaSona

Jan 28, 2011
I have a Sim unlocked m9
Bootloader is unlocked unlocked
I have twrp on it.

What do I have to do next to make it a Dev device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Chingonazo
    M9 Developers Edition 5.1 Full RUU is out now :

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m9/news/
    Hi Everyone, my Developers Edition M9 just got updated to 5.1 version 2.8.617.4.
    Happy 4th.

Chingonazo
    5.1 is FAST

Chingonazo

Ageed. Initially, I noticed that no lollipop 5.0 phone had stellar (unbiased) reviews and all felt a bit sluggish to me when I played with them in the stores. I was betting on HTC again due to hardware and update strategy - also prefer Sense over anything else out there. My phone is now as fast and responsive as I thought it should be as I am coming from M8. Took some camera shots inside restaurant this morning and some outside as well and I now feel satisfied with "auto" shooting. Got 58201 when tested with AnTuTu. They must have updated Mail app, too, as I had to remove my inbox shortcuts from homescreen and put them back again. At this point I am totally satisfied with M9.
    Edit
    Just seen this post

Edit #2

All my Developer Edition files are here: Including the 2.8.617.4 system_image.emmc.win, Stock Recovery and Firmware.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=28824