• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Mac Toolkit] Root, Recovery, Unroot, Stock, One-Click! [Update 12/14/2013]

Search This thread

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
2i7tptu.png

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your Nexus 7 tablet when you use my toolkits below!!

Based on script by: 1KDS link to his script/tool: Here

What Does This Nexus 7 Toolkit Include?
* Root Nexus 7 - Now works with Android 4.4.X!
* Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Nexus 7
* Unroot/Stock on Nexus 7
* Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 7
* Lock Bootloader on Nexus 7

I Have Made Separate Scripts So You Only Have To Download The Specific Files You Need.

How Do I Use These Toolkits?
1. Download the toolkit of your choice using the links below.
2. Unzip the file and click on click on the green Android icon.
3. Enter your phone into bootloader mode:
First power off your tablet and make sure it's unplugged then,press the volume up, volume down, and power button all at the same time. When your phone vibrates let go of the power button, but keep holding onto the volume up and down button. You will now see a green start screen.
4. Follow directions on the screen.

All Toolkits Can Be Found Using The Link Below:
http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/08/nexus-7-one-click-toolkit-for-mac-2013.html

Changelog:
August 6 2013:
* Initial Release
August 11 2013:
* Added One-Click Unroot/Stock toolkit
December 14 2013
* Updated One-Click Root Toolkit to support Android KitKat
* Added ClockworkMod Recovery One-Click Toolkit to support KitKat
* Removed TWRP One-Click Toolkit - No support for KitKat yet

Please leave feedback!:

Please Hit The Thanks If You Found These Tools Helpful!

Donations Are Greatly Appreciated!
To Donate Please Click the Link Below. Thank you!

Last edited:

Airwolf79

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
I may have just soft bricked my N7. So after I completed the unlock process, I tried to flash SU and it said no such file or directory. I am able to get to TWRP, but every time I try to boot, it loops on the X logo. I am able to get to fastboot and recovery modes, and ADB sees my device, so I tried to push the SU zip, but it says device not found, even though it shows the device before. I'm at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
I may have just soft bricked my N7. So after I completed the unlock process, I tried to flash SU and it said no such file or directory. I am able to get to TWRP, but every time I try to boot, it loops on the X logo. I am able to get to fastboot and recovery modes, and ADB sees my device, so I tried to push the SU zip, but it says device not found, even though it shows the device before. I'm at a loss here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Enter into recovery mode and select "Wipe" reboot and you should be able to boot up.

Reactions: dschaap

Airwolf79

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
I tried that, but it still sticks on the "x" logo for a long time, like 15 min +. I wiped the boot.IMG in adb, cuz I was trying to restore a fresh one but it wouldn't see my device. How long should it take to boot up?

Airwolf79

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
Finally got it to work. I flashed the boot, system, and recovery img's from ATGadmin's "One click factory restore" thread through fastboot on my mac. Here's the commands I used. (My device was unlocked during process) First I downloaded and navigated to the Nexus_7_Restore_F folder in terminal (cd /users/.....), made sure it saw my device in fastboot mode (fastboot devices), then
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I think I may not have followed the instructions the first time in this thread. I didn't reboot right after the unlock process to reenable usb debugging. I don't understand why I boot looped after that, and I'm no dev, but certainly not a noob, but it's a lesson to myself and others to take our time and follow instructions exactly! Thanks OP!!!!!

stanglifemike

Apr 21, 2008
outside of ATL, GA
OP, thanks for this!! I haven't used the yet, but I'm going to be shortly. I fully intended to unlock and root manually, but I can't get ADB to recognize my device no matter what I try! That's on my laptop, which is an HP Envy, 64 bit, Windows 7, and i7. I've unlocked, rooted, S-Off'ed, MANY different devices using my laptop, but it just refuses to see my '13 N7 in ADB!! I've tried every driver I could find, even downloaded some of the other toolkits to see if their drivers were any different but I've still had no luck whatsoever. Anyway, my Dad has a year old Macbook Pro laptop and I'm going to borrow it from him to give this a try on his, hoping I FINALLY have some luck!! Thanks for giving everyone the option of using an Apple computer!!! I'll report back with whether this works for me or not. If I still can't get my device recognized even after trying this toolkit, then I guess an exchange at my local Best Buy will be my only other option. Really didn't want to, as this device has no dead pixels, no dust under the screen, and VERY minimal light bleed (don't think it could be much less). I guess I'll have no other choice though if it still isn't recognized even after trying an Apple computer.

EDIT : Meant to ask, is everything that I'll need to do this on his laptop included in the toolkit? Just looked at the download link, will I need the 3 separate toolkits to unlock, root, and flash TWRP? Finally, are there any commands that I'll need to type in to ADB while using your toolkits? (I have never used ADB on a Mac, so I have no experience with that)
Thanks to anyone who can answer my Mac-noob questions :D

SwiftKey'ed from my '13 Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD

Last edited:

Airwolf79

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
OP, thanks for this!! I haven't used the yet, but I'm going to be shortly. I fully intended to unlock and root manually, but I can't get ADB to recognize my device no matter what I try! That's on my laptop, which is an HP Envy, 64 bit, Windows 7, and i7. I've unlocked, rooted, S-Off'ed, MANY different devices using my laptop, but it just refuses to see my '13 N7 in ADB!! I've tried every driver I could find, even downloaded some of the other toolkits to see if their drivers were any different but I've still had no luck whatsoever. Anyway, my Dad has a 1 year old Macbook Pro laptop (I think that's what it's called) and I'm going to borrow it from him to give this a try on his, hoping I FINALLY have some luck!! Thanks for giving everyone the option of using an Apple computer!!! I'll report back with whether this works for me or not. If I still can't get my device recognized even after trying this toolkit, then I guess an exchange at my local Best Buy will be my only other option. Really didn't want to, as this device has no dead pixels, no dust under the screen, and VERY minimal light bleed (don't think it could be much less). I guess I'll have no other choice though if it still isn't recognized even after trying an Apple computer.

EDIT : Meant to ask, is everything that I'll need to do this on his laptop included in the toolkit? Just looked at the download link, will I need the 3 separate toolkits to unlock, root, and flash TWRP? Finally, are there any commands that I'll need to type in ADB while using your toolkits? (I have never used ADB on a Mac, so I have no experience with that)
Thanks to anyone who can answer my Mac-noob questions :D

SwiftKey'ed from my '13 Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD

Read my post above urs. Also, make sure u have USB debugging enabled, before AND after unlocking. I don't think its just ur device that's like that. I had a hard time getting my computers to recognize my device too.

stanglifemike

Apr 21, 2008
outside of ATL, GA
Read my post above urs. Also, make sure u have USB debugging enabled, before AND after unlocking. I don't think its just ur device that's like that. I had a hard time getting my computers to recognize my device too.

Cool, thanks!

EDIT : No commands have to be typed in by the user when using these toolkits. Everything is automated through the toolkits, so even a Mac-noob like myself can breeze right through the entire process. Couldn't be any easier!

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 2 using XDA Premium

Last edited:

stanglifemike

Apr 21, 2008
outside of ATL, GA
Can't believe it how incredibly fast that was! I'm finally unlocked, rooted, and have TWRP installed!!!!! Can't believe how FAST your toolkits worked!! Wish I would have known that I wasn't gonna have any luck getting ADB to recognize my device with my laptop, and I woulda borrowed my Dad's Macbook Pro and used your toolkit when you first released it!!! I was gonna do it all manually, but no big deal, just glad it's FINALLY unlocked! Now I've just gotta find a driver so that my laptop recognizes my device via MTP an PTP.

I'm on the XDA app, so I don't see standard signatures. I'm assuming you have a Donate link in yours, but if not then please post it for me. You are definitely getting a donation from me!!!! I'm still just amazed that after the hours I spent trying to get ADB to recognize my device on my laptop, I borrow my Dad's Mac and your toolkits have EVERYTHING done in less than a minute (for those reading this, less than a minute is NOT an exaggeration, these toolkits have you unlocked and rooted with TWRP remarkably fast)!!!!!! You sir, are my hero tonight :D

Last edited:
Reactions: techfanatic9

Airwolf79

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
Cool, thanks!

EDIT : No commands have to be typed in by the user when using these toolkits. Everything is automated through the toolkits, so even a Mac-noob like myself can breeze right through the entire process. Couldn't be any easier!

You're right, but I forgot to reboot after unlocking and re-enable USB debugging. Then my N7 boot looped and I couldn't get any tool kits to work, so the commands I posted are really more for people that can't get their device to boot (or just can't read instructions, like me! Lol).

stanglifemike

Apr 21, 2008
outside of ATL, GA
^^Lol! As long as you got it figured out man, that's what's important! Hopefully no one else will need those commands, but thanks for posting them in case they do!

SwiftKey'ed from my '13 Nexus 7 FHD using XDA Premium HD

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
Can't believe it how incredibly fast that was! I'm finally unlocked, rooted, and have TWRP installed!!!!! Can't believe how FAST your toolkits worked!! Wish I would have known that I wasn't gonna have any luck getting ADB to recognize my device with my laptop, and I woulda borrowed my Dad's Macbook Pro and used your toolkit when you first released it!!! I was gonna do it all manually, but no big deal, just glad it's FINALLY unlocked! Now I've just gotta find a driver so that my laptop recognizes my device via MTP an PTP.

I'm on the XDA app, so I don't see standard signatures. I'm assuming you have a Donate link in yours, but if not then please post it for me. You are definitely getting a donation from me!!!! I'm still just amazed that after the hours I spent trying to get ADB to recognize my device on my laptop, I borrow my Dad's Mac and your toolkits have EVERYTHING done in less than a minute (for those reading this, less than a minute is NOT an exaggeration, these toolkits have you unlocked and rooted with TWRP remarkably fast)!!!!!! You sir, are my hero tonight :D

Your welcome! :good: Glad everything worked out! Here is the donate link if you would like to donate, thanks.

steveo11284

Aug 30, 2010
Orlando
Everything worked perfectly and was crazy fast and easy. Thanks! I did notice that to get into fastboot, you only need to hold down the volume down and power button, and not the up/down/power like the instructions say.

stanglifemike

Apr 21, 2008
outside of ATL, GA
Everything worked perfectly and was crazy fast and easy. Thanks! I did notice that to get into fastboot, you only need to hold down the volume down and power button, and not the up/down/power like the instructions say.

This is very true! I also noticed that the instructions were wrong, when I was reading through them. A couple times I actually tried what the OP said to do, just in case it was some new method I hadn't heard of, or something specific to Mac
No big deal, but you'll probably want make the corrections in the OP.

mallize

Feb 27, 2008
Mine is stuck at < waiting for device >.

After a while the Nexus boots up and the script continues to say < waiting for device >.

Any ideas?

I was in fastboot when I started the script.

Airwolf79

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
Mine is stuck at < waiting for device >.

After a while the Nexus boots up and the script continues to say < waiting for device >.

Any ideas?

I was in fastboot when I started the script.

Try it manually. In terminal, navigate to the folder where u put the script, or any folder that has adb and fastboot, make sure it sees ur device (fastboot devices), then type fastboot oem unlock. Reboot, re-enable USB debugging. Then copy the supersu.zip to ur device, reboot to recovery, and flash it.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

If u need help with terminal' this thread is very helpful. I wouldn't download the whole SDK, unless u plan on developing, its really not necessary. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1917237

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Worked great! Thank you! The only thing I had to do on my own was drag the SuperSU zip onto my device. For some reason when the toolkit tried to apply it, it would say cannot read device for a moment. Other than that small issue the toolkit was awesome. My first time using a toolkit of any kind so thanks for a great n easy experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: techfanatic9

p4rot

Jan 5, 2013
Today I tried to unroot my nexus 7 with the toolkit but at the sending system I get an error saying that it failed, only thing that worked is to send the stock recovery and the boot loader after it failed any idea why?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2i7tptu.png

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your Nexus 7 tablet when you use my toolkits below!!

Based on script by: 1KDS link to his script/tool: Here

What Does This Nexus 7 Toolkit Include?
    * Root Nexus 7 - Now works with Android 4.4.X!
    * Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Nexus 7
    * Unroot/Stock on Nexus 7
    * Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 7
    * Lock Bootloader on Nexus 7

I Have Made Separate Scripts So You Only Have To Download The Specific Files You Need.

How Do I Use These Toolkits?
    1. Download the toolkit of your choice using the links below.
    2. Unzip the file and click on click on the green Android icon.
    3. Enter your phone into bootloader mode:
    First power off your tablet and make sure it's unplugged then,press the volume up, volume down, and power button all at the same time. When your phone vibrates let go of the power button, but keep holding onto the volume up and down button. You will now see a green start screen.
    4. Follow directions on the screen.

All Toolkits Can Be Found Using The Link Below:
    http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/08/nexus-7-one-click-toolkit-for-mac-2013.html

Changelog:
    August 6 2013:
    * Initial Release
    August 11 2013:
    * Added One-Click Unroot/Stock toolkit
    December 14 2013
    * Updated One-Click Root Toolkit to support Android KitKat
    * Added ClockworkMod Recovery One-Click Toolkit to support KitKat
    * Removed TWRP One-Click Toolkit - No support for KitKat yet

Please leave feedback!:

Please Hit The Thanks If You Found These Tools Helpful!

Donations Are Greatly Appreciated!
    To Donate Please Click the Link Below. Thank you!
    Finally got it to work. I flashed the boot, system, and recovery img's from ATGadmin's "One click factory restore" thread through fastboot on my mac. Here's the commands I used. (My device was unlocked during process) First I downloaded and navigated to the Nexus_7_Restore_F folder in terminal (cd /users/.....), made sure it saw my device in fastboot mode (fastboot devices), then
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I think I may not have followed the instructions the first time in this thread. I didn't reboot right after the unlock process to reenable usb debugging. I don't understand why I boot looped after that, and I'm no dev, but certainly not a noob, but it's a lesson to myself and others to take our time and follow instructions exactly! Thanks OP!!!!!

Enter into recovery mode and select "Wipe" reboot and you should be able to boot up.

Worked great! Thank you! The only thing I had to do on my own was drag the SuperSU zip onto my device. For some reason when the toolkit tried to apply it, it would say cannot read device for a moment. Other than that small issue the toolkit was awesome. My first time using a toolkit of any kind so thanks for a great n easy experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app