Mach5 web acceler!!! awesome on the X1

Search This thread

prking07

Oct 8, 2008
levittown
OMG! has anyone tried the Mach5 web aceller browser for windows mobile on their x1s? This browser is freaking the best ever!!! it renders pages way faster than opera mobile, way faster than skyfire, and in way better quality!!!! has neat settings like, page width (800 pixels or 1024 pixels),Pc or mmobile viewing, double click zoom ratio, you also have an option to use a sliding zoom, wich also has a orientation changer wich works on the spot!!! But best of all it suprts ajax, flash!!(yes flash, you can watch youtube right in the browser, stop, play, or even change to full screen viewing!! guys really, if you havent checked it out, try it, youll love it!!!

strboy

Feb 22, 2009
Bronx NY
OK....checked it out, its not free. and nowhere on the website does it state how much it is, or even a buy now option

it does say "Mach5 Web for Windows Mobile OPEN Free Trial is valid until the middle of May 2009."

you also have to fill out a form...name number..ect ect....Im not downloading for a few days trial...It doesnt seem worth it to me. if anyone else wants to the site is

http://www.netacceler.com/home/main.html

prking07

Oct 8, 2008
levittown
Dude, but of course your not goin g to be able to download from the official site! First of all you need a korean mobile number to download. I got it off the net, if you know what i mean, if you search you will find it. beleive me this is awesome!
tested youtube, works excellent, all videos, also tested facebook as well, and all videos in facebook work as well as(im not jking on this one)the instant messeging also works!!!!! this is just how a mobile browser should be.

oTToToTenTanz

Aug 11, 2008
Hmm...is it allowed to ask for a cab here?
Because I guess it is just an advertisement and there is no cab floating anywhere...
Greets

Edit: Have found a cab file but browser cant connect to the internet...what a shame :p
Looks good though =)

Last edited:
S

sjaak00000

just installed the trial version.

pretty good fast browser.
best thing it autodetects flash videos, like break.com and plays it in the built in player in medium/good quality.

here's the trial cab i got after filling in some fake address.

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
Looks awesome, sounds great... BUT.

1) It won't go, doesn't properly detect my internet connection.
2) Looks like you're gonna have to pay a monthly fee to use it.

EDIT: On a few later tries, I sometimes got it to load a page, but it would randomly disconnect. Very unstable.

Last edited:

prking07

Oct 8, 2008
levittown
well for me ii have no problems connecting at all, the only problems i found so far are:

1: the mouse or pointer for some reason it dont work, it just scrolls the page.

2: Video quality is excellent compared to Skyfire, but Skyfire has more compatibility with videos ex: apple trailers(skyfire can handle them, mach5 cant)

3:Of course that you have to pay for it. (dont know the version i have expires or not, cause i did not download from official site, will update if it does thou.)

My last impresions of this browser are:

1: very fast, a tas faster than Opera and just in par, or a bit slower than Skyfire

2:The quality of rendered pages are excellent compared to Skyfire, and about on par with Opera.

3:Video quality is way better than skyfire by a long shot!! but has less video compatibility.

Now only if skyfire ups their video and rendering quality it would blow this away. Except for the built in player of course wich is an awesome feature of mach5.
For now it stays on my x1 as an alternative. Very good, but not perfect.

just my 2 cents.

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
So to start it off, I must say WOW that this browser is def. something pretty interesting!! very smooth loads quick an works fast!! I have to say that im liking it so far an what it has to offer!! I also like how if you viewing a few pages an you click the button that shows how many pages ur on, you can swipe back an forth between them kinda like a cover flow!! To bad its on a trail issue an that then you prob have to buy it or something, that im not totally sure off but I hope to see more come from this company!! :D

chrisbesan

Oct 25, 2008
Mach5Web for mobile : no connection

Hello
I've just downloaded Mach5Web for mobile on my HCT TyTN II Kaiser. The installation was succesfull, connection to internet is ok.
But I've got a problem : input of user ID and Password is required ; I've tried to "register", but nothing happens, I'm redirected to home page.
Do you khnow what to do ?
Thanks for help.
Chris (in France).

S

sjaak00000

Hello
I've just downloaded Mach5Web for mobile on my HCT TyTN II Kaiser. The installation was succesfull, connection to internet is ok.
But I've got a problem : input of user ID and Password is required ; I've tried to "register", but nothing happens, I'm redirected to home page.
Do you khnow what to do ?
Thanks for help.
Chris (in France).

when you see the screen where you have to put in a user ID and password, you have to tap on 'trial'.

prking07

Oct 8, 2008
levittown
Can the people that have connection issues try to go to the comm manager manually and start the connection before opening mach5 to see if that works? just a though that might help. Now im just waiting for Opera Turbo to come out to see its greatness! Still with mach5 in my x1 working great, to bad i guess it will expire.I just wish they updated it, and made it freeware, or atleast a decent price, not onn a monthly basis, i mean if the little problems get washed out i dont mind paying $10 or $20 for this.

ajajajajaja this browser just gets funier!! iwent to dslreports.com and it allowed me to do the flash download test, with the speedometer in all its glory!! ajajaja Download speed 1363Kb/s Upload speed 1225Kb/s, of course not real speeds since this is server oriented, but just too funny, is like im on my real pc at home!!!

ajaja now y went to testmy.net(wich for some reason doesnt work with my opera) and i got 2517Kb/s download.

Last edited: