magic 8 ball application using the g-sensor try it

Search This thread

Roy_Drage

Jul 22, 2008
London
I like the idea, but it said I shouldn't count on sleeping with my ex girlf again so thats pissed me off.

Reckon you'll need to add some graphics to it, maybe an 8 ball that spins when you shake it and then the answer appears from a window on the ball.

And there did't seem to be a way to start over.

Like you think of a question, shake n get your answer, but no screen come up saying think of another question. Just keep shaking and you can see all the answers. Then you have to exit and restart to play again.

Keep it going tho.

danthekilla

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2008
thanks for the feekback

yer thanks for the reply its just something i was playing around with only took a few hours to get working but yer i think i might do some work on it so there will be a reset button and a pic of an 8 ball with an animated sprite or sumthing too to make it look way better

anyways thou thanks for the imput

also anyone that likes fallout should check out pocket fallout (just google it) or http://www.pocketfallout.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=38.0

Danthekilla
Creator of crappy G-Sensor Apps

oddjobb57

Aug 5, 2008
Hi Danthekilla.

Fantastic idea to create a magic 8 ball application for our Diamond ! :)

The application is working well. I think here are some things that would improve your program :

This would be great to have the 20 "official" magic 8 ball answers which are :

* ● As I see it, yes
* ● Ask again later
* ● Better not tell you now
* ● Cannot predict now
* ● Concentrate and ask again
* ● Don't count on it
* ● It is certain
* ● It is decidedly so
* ● Most likely
* ● My reply is no
* ● My sources say no
* ● Outlook good
* ● Outlook not so good
* ● Reply hazy, try again
* ● Signs point to yes
* ● Very doubtful
* ● Without a doubt
* ● Yes
* ● Yes - definitely
* ● You may rely on it

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_8-ball#Standard_answers

Also as suggested a pic would make the thing more "magic 8 ball like".

Example (from the iphone):
img0017bk5.jpg

I am looking forward for your next version. This is a killer app ! :cool:

rouchdi

Sep 20, 2007
Great

Hello!

thanks for the apps that's what I was looking for, I'm waiting for tue cuter version.

It works correctly on my Diamond no bug, but a think a .cab is better... I know anythink in programation so I don't know if it is difficult to realize it.

Good job and thak yoou!! ;)

NB: sorry for the bad english and you can see how is Ianswer (the appz on Iphone) to pick some ideas.

tralala

Oct 13, 2007
Hm.. i need to now how large the graphics should be, which graphics are needed and so on. i dont have a diamond, my father has one only.

nosro

Nov 20, 2006
Last edited:

icezar

Nov 20, 2006
i am also waiting for an update.

very nice to have but i was disapointed when there was no ball :D

thanks

lna1326

Sep 26, 2008
Maybe this idea!!!

I have an idea, I don't know if it'll work but if you can try I think this would take full advantage of the sensor; you can of course use an 8Ball, or whatever, and flip the phone upside down and while it's flipped upside down you'll see the back side of the 8ball (you would of course at this point have the phone above your head so you can see it, if you really want to) and you can watch it move around while shaking it and then while flipping the phone right side up you can watch the 8Ball roll over to the side where your answer is. If that makes any sense. :)

steb0ne

May 28, 2007
Yeah, this would be pretty cool. There's a registry option in the diamond labeled: Enable Shake

Not sure what it does, but imagine if you could shake the phone and the 8 ball responded with vibration, with results depending on how hard you shake.