Magisk 17.x-18.x - Oneplus 6 9.0.2/4 - Not charging while being off - oneplus issue

Search This thread

pendragon666

May 31, 2012
I'm on 9.0.3 because 9.0.4 has this issue.
I'm only asking if it's fixed on 9.0.5.
You should really update your phone man. The past 3 versions have it fixed. Why are you asking about the 9.0.5 when 9.0.13 is out? You do realize that if something is fixed the number changes. They cant fix it for 9.0.5 and then still call it 9.0.5.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

It is not working on OP6 beta 16 and magisk 19
I think it was also failing for the previous beta as well, but now when it was released it works fine

pumilus

Jul 14, 2018
You should really update your phone man. The past 3 versions have it fixed. Why are you asking about the 9.0.5 when 9.0.13 is out? You do realize that if something is fixed the number changes. They cant fix it for 9.0.5 and then still call it 9.0.5.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

I think it was also failing for the previous beta as well, but now when it was released it works fine

9.0.13 is for OP6T.

9.0.5 is the last version for OP6 and I can confirm that this issue is not fixed in this version.

carper84

May 1, 2011

Maybe you are a little bit confused.
9.0.5 is for oneplus 6.
9.0.13 is for oneplus 6t.

I was on 9.0.3 (oneplus 6) due to the charging problem of 9.0.4.
I decided to update to 9.0.5 to see if this charging problem is still resolved but no, it is still not working on 9.0.5.
But I prefer to have an updated phone, i can live with this charging issue so i will not downgrade to 9.0.3

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

pumilus

Jul 14, 2018
Anyone knows if it is still working in OP6_O2_BETA_18?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6003 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I just installed the Update 9.0.2 for the Onplus 6
    OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_027_all_1810260000_d46787d2c9.zip

Usually I shut my mobile off during night and charge it.

The usual bahavior of the mobile is
    switching on to charge mode ->
    Bootloader unlocked warning ->
    afterwards animation of charging the battery.

With the new firmware it stays at the Bootloader unlocked warning screen.
    I checked already Magisk Versions 17.1, 17.2, 17.3.
    Magisk Uninstall / reverse to stock boot image solved the behavior.
    Dalvik Cache were cleaned.
    Complete reset / format of all partition didn't solved it.

I think there is a bug with the magisk patched boot image that is causing the not switching inzo charge only mode.
    Previous firmwares for Oneplus 6 had no issues with charging while being off.

Update: its an issue of the Stock Rom from oneplus.
    9.0.2 freezing at bootloader warning
    9.0.3 charge like expected
    9.0.4 freezing at bootloader warning
    The problem still exists with Magisk v18

And it will likely keep existing... There's nothing in Magisk v18.0 that is supposed to fix this issue. Actually, from the research that has been done, it is quite likely that there's nothing that Magisk can do about it at all. It seems like that this will be an issue as long as the kernel has been patched to force boot with ramdisk, something that isn't specific for Magisk, but quite essential.

There where reports of OxygenOS Beta 7 having fixed the issue (and beta 8 breaking it again), so the ball seems to be with OnePlus.
    Bumping this for visibility and to see if anyone has found a solution, or if @topjonhuw has seen this issue reported.
    Can confirm that Open Beta 7 with magisk 17.3 fixes the charging screen however Open Beta 8 with magisk 17.3 breaks it again.
    Hi guys, the German Android Forum was bringing to these thread...
    Can't confirm that OnePlus 6t isn't charging while rooted and off
    Only the charge animation you won't see because op6t is showing the yellow warning message about open bootloader.
    Try it for yourself.