Magisk 25.1 for Fire TV

Search This thread

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
As current and all previous Magisk releases can break any fire tv on update from manager, I made custom build of Magisk 25.1 for Fire TV

Releases GitHub URL

Changes:
- Manager doesn't have direct install / update options
- Dark theme by default
- Amazon orange color for default and AMOLED themes
- Grant root permission by default
- Fix issue of enabled Zygisk with Xposed Framework
- Change version to 25.1.FTV (25777)

Fixes:
- fix D-PAD navigation on Grant / Deny root dialog
- fix D-PAD navigation on Log section
- fix D-PAD navigation on Zygisk DenyList
- fix D-PAD navigation on Reboot button after flash

Install:
- Install APK (uninstall previous Manager version if exist 1st),
- Rename apk to zip and flash from TWRP recovery

Have fun!

p.s. maybe someday devs will apply those changes to source, now they call it "offtopic"

Attachments

• Magisk-25.1.FTV.apk
    10.7 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Isn't to grant / deny root access with the remote working by default for fireTV devices?
Never saw a problem like that, for tank/sheldon/mantis/sloane, works fine here!?

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
Isn't to grant / deny root access with the remote working by default for fireTV devices?
Never saw a problem like that, for tank/sheldon/mantis/sloane, works fine here!?
It works on Android 9, but on Mantis (4K with 7.1.2) dialog worked with Magisk 20.4 (old manager) and broken (don't have any focus so user can't press any button in it) with any Magisk 21+ and new Manager GUI

Last edited:
Reactions: Kramar111 and Sus_i

mamcho

Feb 2, 2011
Im on sloane and disabling digets check doesnt change anything. I ve read that 24.3 is problematic for sloane. 23.0 works tho

Noisemaker00

Apr 9, 2013
Hi,
I'm on 4K stick and I have Magisk 24.3 installed (apk from their github).
If I want to switch to this I have to uninstall current Magisk Manager even if I flash from TWRP?

BTW: guys on magisk github page asnwer really bad to your suggestion, no reason to do that :(
The manager UI is not tv-friendly so it's really easy to press update by mistake. It was the 1st thing I though when I saw it after installation...

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
Hi,
I'm on 4K stick and I have Magisk 24.3 installed (apk from their github).
If I want to switch to this I have to uninstall current Magisk Manager even if I flash from TWRP?
You need to uninstall Manager in any case because app signature differs. After install you need o flash apk renamed to zip from recovery to match daemon / apk signatures. Magisk in 1s post updated to v25.0.FTV.

Noisemaker00

Apr 9, 2013
You need to uninstall Manager in any case because app signature differs. After install you need o flash apk renamed to zip from recovery to match daemon / apk signatures. Magisk in 1s post updated to v25.0.FTV.
So the steps are:
  • uninstall current magisk-manager version
  • download and rename your .apk to .zip
  • reboot to twrp and flash the zip
  • reboot the system
is it correct?

mamcho

Feb 2, 2011
hiding the app is not working propertly. if i generate a new app it fails to load and want to download full manager again.

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: Kramar111

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hiding the app is not working propertly. if i generate a new app it fails to load and want to download full manager again.
    Yes, probably it's some kind of bug in Magisk. When hiding, Magisk replaced with stub app, which download full apk from https://github.com/tsynik/Magisk/releases, but failing to load it's classes and initialize app context.

Fixed with v25.1.FTV release
    As current and all previous Magisk releases can break any fire tv on update from manager, I made custom build of Magisk 25.1 for Fire TV

Releases GitHub URL

Changes:
    - Manager doesn't have direct install / update options
    - Dark theme by default
    - Amazon orange color for default and AMOLED themes
    - Grant root permission by default
    - Fix issue of enabled Zygisk with Xposed Framework
    - Change version to 25.1.FTV (25777)

Fixes:
    - fix D-PAD navigation on Grant / Deny root dialog
    - fix D-PAD navigation on Log section
    - fix D-PAD navigation on Zygisk DenyList
    - fix D-PAD navigation on Reboot button after flash

Install:
    - Install APK (uninstall previous Manager version if exist 1st),
    - Rename apk to zip and flash from TWRP recovery

Have fun!

p.s. maybe someday devs will apply those changes to source, now they call it "offtopic"
    It works on Android 9, but on Mantis (4K with 7.1.2) dialog worked with Magisk 20.4 (old manager) and broken (don't have any focus so user can't press any button in it) with any Magisk 21+ and new Manager GUI
    Yes, probably it's some kind of bug in Magisk. When hiding, Magisk replaced with stub app, which download full apk from https://github.com/tsynik/Magisk/releases, but failing to load it's classes and initialize app context.

Fixed with v25.1.FTV release