Magisk and Orange Fox

Search This thread

peter1miller2

Feb 8, 2021
How do i install Magisk in Recovery Mode without loosing Orange Fox Custom Recovery? Since patching it with Magisk App former Magisk Manager does not work it destroyes it. Can i have both Magisk and Orange Fox in recovery partition or not?

Reactions: aricooperdavis

drahtwurst

Nov 17, 2014
Berlin
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
burger menu in orange fox -> magisk. there is options to disable modules, delete magisk + more. the app would not work good here.
if magisk is gone in orangefox install of again.

peter1miller2

Feb 8, 2021
That does not work at all. It says magisk is installed but it is not working. Because acording to the Magisk app it is a SAR No Ramdisk device. And i should install Magisk into the Stock Recovery Img by Patching It thorough the Magisk App. And not into the Boot Img like Orange Fox Is doing. That is why i am asking how to have booth. So i do not have to replace Orange Fox recovery with the Magisk patched Stock Recovery so i am asking if there is a way to install Magisk into Orange Fox or A version of Orange Fox with built in Magisk or a way to turn a SAR No Ramdisk device into one With a Ramdisk to install Magisk Normaly And have it work.

Last edited:

peter1miller2

Feb 8, 2021
Yes, i did try it. The patching destroyed the Orange Fox recovery. When i tried to boot to the Magisk App Patched Orange Fox recovery or Magisk itself there was only a black screen for a moment before the mobile rebooted to System. It acted as if the recovery was missing or just gone. I tried later paching booth Orange Fox recovery and Boot img and ended in a Boot Loop. Rad to replace booth through fastboot to get out of it. So that approach does not work as far as i know.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Then you're just gonna have to choose between Magisk and Orange Fox... Whenever you need it you should be able to boot Orange Fox through fastboot boot <filename>.img though.

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
How do i install Magisk in Recovery Mode without loosing Orange Fox Custom Recovery? Since patching it with Magisk App former Magisk Manager does not work it destroyes it. Can i have both Magisk and Orange Fox in recovery partition or not?
no need to patch anything
i have OFox and installed magisk just by renaming magisk.apk to .zip

Reactions: Smajki

peter1miller2

Feb 8, 2021
That did not work for me at all first. That is why i was asking here about it. Since Magisk can be installed in either in the Boot Img or the Recovery Img. It turned out that the answer for me was this tool: YaAlex3 Arm32 Sar Boot Image Patcher
It prepatched my Stock Boot Img to make it boot the Ramdisk like a normal Ramdisk Enabled device which mine is not would. Then i could install magisk normaly into the prepached Boot Img and have it work normaly. The problem i had was that the magisk was installed but the device did not boot it so the Magisk Manager later Magisk App did not detect any magisk running so i said that it was not instaled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no need to patch anything
    i have OFox and installed magisk just by renaming magisk.apk to .zip