[MAGISK] Andromeda Enabler - Enable Andromeda ON DEVICE With a Command!

Is This Useful?

• YES

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • I can see why others would want it

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Chaprnks

May 9, 2011
Soviet America
gta.sh
Installed the magisk module, went into terminal, typed su, then andromeda.. Substratum opened, but still that damn message! :(
Xa71Ril.png

PokemonTotalWar

Jan 29, 2014
Installed the magisk module, went into terminal, typed su, then andromeda.. Substratum opened, but still that damn message! :(
Occasionally I have to fiddle with Subs and Andromeda. Force close both before running Andromeda, after a reboot. If you're having issues with the PC/Mac/Linux version, my version will have the same issue. This script is no different than those ones

-Deco-

Sep 22, 2015
Glasgow
Occasionally I have to fiddle with Subs and Andromeda. Force close both before running Andromeda, after a reboot. If you're having issues with the PC/Mac/Linux version, my version will have the same issue. This script is no different than those ones
Latest andromeda version breaks the script, fails to boot on command.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

PokemonTotalWar

Jan 29, 2014
Latest andromeda version breaks the script, fails to boot on command.
Thanks for the heads up. It seems, though, that Andromeda now has a root mode built in! I'm not sure what the lightning bolt does, because it crashes on my phone, but if you launch Andromeda and click the settings cog, you can enable Andromeda on boot with root. It works like a charm for me. I'll see if I can update this script when I have time, but that definitely seems like a much better way of doing it anyway

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Thanks for the heads up. It seems, though, that Andromeda now has a root mode built in! I'm not sure what the lightning bolt does, because it crashes on my phone, but if you launch Andromeda and click the settings cog, you can enable Andromeda on boot with root. It works like a charm for me. I'll see if I can update this script when I have time, but that definitely seems like a much better way of doing it anyway

It crashes? Can you get us a log please? Thanks!

Reactions: PokemonTotalWar

PokemonTotalWar

Jan 29, 2014
It crashes? Can you get us a log please? Thanks!
I filtered by projekt.andromeda, let me know if you need anything more verbose (maybe another filter? I'm not sure)

EDIT: That's actually two different crashes, it crashes when I tap the main screen (it always says Debugging Disabled for me) and it crashes when I hit the lightning bolt button

Attachments

• 2018-04-19-16-35-14.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 7

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
I filtered by projekt.andromeda, let me know if you need anything more verbose (maybe another filter? I'm not sure)

EDIT: That's actually two different crashes, it crashes when I tap the main screen (it always says Debugging Disabled for me) and it crashes when I hit the lightning bolt button

Just filter "FATAL" and I'll see the crashes, thanks!

PokemonTotalWar

Jan 29, 2014
Assuming Andromeda actually said "Andromeda has stopped" then those FATAL EXCEPTION logs are what I need.
File is attached. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but it's what Matlog is giving me. Is there another app that would be better to use?

Attachments

• 2018-04-19-16-41-13.txt
    132 bytes · Views: 39

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
File is attached. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but it's what Matlog is giving me. Is there another app that would be better to use?

Alright so I need the suppressed information from that, don't filter it but just find which lines those are located in so you can find the full stacktrace

PokemonTotalWar

Jan 29, 2014
Alright so I need the suppressed information from that, don't filter it but just find which lines those are located in so you can find the full stacktrace
Here's a log that hopefully includes everything you need. I'm not too great at logging, if you couldn't tell ?

Attachments

• 2018-04-20-11-18-25.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 25

Chaprnks

May 9, 2011
Soviet America
gta.sh
I finally got it working, but I've noticed the andromeda keeps saying "USB debugging disabled" when I know for a fact it is enabled. This issue seems to have been starting at the latest update, it wasnt an issue before.

PokemonTotalWar

Jan 29, 2014
I finally got it working, but I've noticed the andromeda keeps saying "USB debugging disabled" when I know for a fact it is enabled. This issue seems to have been starting at the latest update, it wasnt an issue before.
Mine still works, but I have the same bug. Look up a few posts, Andromeda has this on boot included. It's a better implementation, I'd think

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, folks! I've written a Magisk Module which includes a modified version of the Linux activation script for Andromeda, allowing you to enable Andromeda with a single command (two, if you count su)! I was inspired by the OTHER local Andromeda enabler script here on XDA, as I had downloaded it but discovered that it only worked intermittently on my device. Now, I know, you may be thinking to yourself "OP, is there something wrong with you? Andromeda exists so you DON'T have to be rooted!" Yes, this is true. However, from what I've gathered, there is a speed boost from using Andromeda, and that alone makes this worth it for me, and hopefully others. Plus, I was bored and wanted to see if I could make it work.

This module is written to work with Magisk v15. It will NOT work on Magisk v14, however, it is a single binary, so you could very easily extract it and place it on your phone or make a v14 module yourself.

To activate Andromeda, all you have to do is install this module, reboot, launch a Terminal Emulator, and type:

Code:
    su
    andromeda

Substratum should launch with Andromeda permissions, as if you'd used the Desktop Application.

@saccentekennedy has made an app! Flash the module, install his app, and when you launch his app, it will grant Andromeda permissions! No commands needed! Be sure to thank his post!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...ndromeda-enabler-enable-t3728325/post75053802

UPDATE 1/12/2018 - The script did not properly set SELinux back to Enforcing, this is now fixed. Please update! Thanks to @Floydfire for the heads up :)
    I created a little app with Tasker. It works. I've used Tasker plenty but never created an app. Anyway, I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but this works for me at least

You need the Magisk module installed, BTW.
    That would be awesome, yeah. I'm going to look into building an app, too, but I don't know much about that process, so it might take a while. Thank you!

As we have just rolled out version 950, we can now work on more experimental commits such as adding the binary found in the OP of this thread to our substratum folder to interface with Magisk.

We will keep you posted as we progress :)
    I'm glad this was made. If it's possible to include this officially, like a ZIP or in an APK, I would like to promote it to our officially endorsed plugins :)
    I don't know how I'd be able to do that, but I encourage anyone to use this, or improve on it! I have a Tasker profile that enables it the first time I launch Substratum, then it sets a variable so it doesn't do it again. It then clears the variable on boot. I'd be honored to have it promoted by you :)

If it's okay with you, I could put the zip file attached in the OP into our assets and have it copy to the /storage/emulated/0/substratum folder, alongside the rescue archives, so people can flash/install it through Magisk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone