[Magisk] AOSP dual speaker mod - Enable 24 bit output for PowerAmp on PIE

Search This thread

Bupreno

Dec 10, 2015
kharghar
Any chance of this working on AOSP Q ROMs? Tried all three but dual speaker didn't work. Using DerpFest Q

It's there on the telegram channel .
Btw I have used the unknown mod for q on havoc and los.-
I am still getting noise on most songs with uapp, which I don't on stock pie. This is the only thing that's keeping me on stock pie right now !
I've tried lowering avc volume , the noise reduces but it's still there.. there is just no way out.

Jan 17, 2020
thatstel.la
It's there on the telegram channel .
Btw I have used the unknown mod for q on havoc and los.-
I am still getting noise on most songs with uapp, which I don't on stock pie. This is the only thing that's keeping me on stock pie right now !
I've tried lowering avc volume , the noise reduces but it's still there.. there is just no way out.

Im gonna have to try Markus’ latest Lineage 17 build then. DerpFest is serving me well but the person who was making them stopped for some reason so Markus’ builds are really the only way to get updates now lol

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
Any chance of this working on AOSP Q ROMs? Tried all three but dual speaker didn't work. Using DerpFest Q

For those having issues with Dual speaker mod not working try this one.(it worked for someone who had issues earlier)
This is still exactly the same in terms of features as the original by Mrxyzl, so all credits to him.
I've only made changes so it is better compatible with recent Q ROMs. (Tested on latest LOS17.1, Havoc 3.2 and Derpfest Q)

Test and let me know!
It should work on all stock and aosp ROMs for V30.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020
thatstel.la
For those having issues with Dual speaker mod not working try this one.(it worked for someone who had issues earlier)
This is still exactly the same in terms of features as the original by Mrxyzl, so all credits to him.
I've only made changes so it is better compatible with recent Q ROMs. (Tested on latest LOS17.1 and Derpfest Q)

Test and let me know!
Also if someone could test and tell if it works on Pie AOSP too, then It'd be nice.

I can confirm that this works on DerpFest Q.
As soon as I get home I’ll test it on AOSP Pie as well!

Reactions: tech_infinity
Jan 17, 2020
thatstel.la
@tech_infinity I have tested it and it does work on LOS 16.
Tip for anyone who uses this if the earpiece speaker is too quiet, turn up the earpiece gain using your favorite kernel manager (I use smartpak). Do this SLOWLY and make sure the speaker doesn't distort AT ALL. If it does, turn it down as having it distort sounds bad and can damage your speaker in the long run.

Reactions: ChazzMatt

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
@tech_infinity I have tested it and it does work on LOS 16.
Tip for anyone who uses this if the earpiece speaker is too quiet, turn up the earpiece gain using your favorite kernel manager (I use smartpak). Do this SLOWLY and make sure the speaker doesn't distort AT ALL. If it does, turn it down as having it distort sounds bad and can damage your speaker in the long run.

Oh nice. Thanks for checking. :)

denis234

Jul 18, 2010
So does the poweramp mod work on Q?
I can't seem to get it to work, the Hi-Res section only has usb dac and bluetooth options.

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
I've only made changes so it is better compatible with recent Q ROMs. (Tested on latest LOS17.1, Havoc 3.2 and Derpfest Q)

Test and let me know!
It should work on all stock and aosp ROMs for V30.
For anyone wanting dual speaker mod. Flash this module in magisk.
I have tested and confirmed it works on Stock Oreo, Stock Pie, Aosp Pie, Aosp Q ROMs.

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
This is a dual speaker mod which works on all V30 ROMs(Stock and aosp)
Changes by me:-
- Improved compatibility
- Raised earpiece volume a little more to make speakers sound more balanced.

FLASH in Magisk only, not twrp.

Everything else is same as the original mod mrxyzl

Attachments

• Unknown_ SoundMod_AOSP_V30.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Groovecain

Sep 10, 2010
24bit still not detected on poweramp hires output, using LOS17 android Q, did anyone had this problem too?

Klimon5

Sep 19, 2015
Huawei Nexus 6P
LG V30
Running Lineage OS nightly build 07/03/2020. The 24 bit audio for poweramp mod won't install in twrp or magisk. Any other solutions to get 24 bit audio working on Poweramp? Does my kernel have to have selinux set to permissive?

Last edited:

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
I created a simple updated ZIP that will install the needed file to the system for PowerAmp. This skips magisk but it shouldn't affect root detection. Installs to /system/vendor/etc/audio_policy.conf The creator of PowerAmp should fix this as the audio_policy.conf file is no longer used as of Android 10. But it seems it relies on the file to get some information about what the system supports in terms of Hi-Fi, bitrates, and codecs.

Just flash this after every new ROM flash in TWRP.

Attachments

• 24_bit_audio_for_PowerAmp_(no_deepbuffer)-UPDATED_FIX.zip
    154.6 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: tech_infinity

P.K.Shivaram

Aug 25, 2017
Aruppukottai
LG V30
LG G8X ThinQ
- Improved compatibility

Hi,

Can u please confirm, can i use this Mod on LG G8X after root done? Please i am expecting your answer, as i have order LG G8X.

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
- Improved compatibility

In case someone is still using this, I made a minor change.
The earpiece sound has been raised a little compared to previous version.
Flash in MAGISK only.

Attachments

• Unknown_ SoundMod_91.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 144

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As i see many people flashing the old oreo stuff from Whiskey on AOSP which result in many bug, i decided to make a module to enable dual speaker mod, pseudo-HIM mode, and Gcam - stereo recording mod on AOSP
    Feature:
    + pseudo-HIM mode, should make sound better and DAC toggle work
    + Stereo recording
    + Dual speaker - no mic breaking
    + I still attach the Poweramp 24 bit mod in attached file

Note:
    + Not working with ainur or narsil or any mixer path editing mod
    + Can work together with the Poweramp 24 bit mod attached
    + May have some unknown bug, report if you have any
    For old OP:
    Hello everyone
    After a bit of work, me and @legacyeah manage to bring the great Legacy Audio Mod by @Rizal Lovins, in the form of a Magisk Module for quick installing and removing. We also manged to fix some bug found in the original audio mod.

Features:
    * 24 bit output on poweramp
    * enable 384 khz resampling
    * Working audio recording in video
    *Based on and improve upon Rizal Lovins Legacy Audio Mod on XDA[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Notes: DVC in poweramp is bugged so DVC only work with 192, 96,48,44.1 khz resampling rate. Other resampling rate will need DVC disabled

*IMO sound quality is better compare to stock pie, it feel the same as stock LG sound quality*

Confirmed working on Havoc 0402 + Ainur with no other Audio mod or AML , other rom and compatibility with other audio mod need more tester

How to install:
    1. On an AOSP Pie rom
    2. Have Magisk working (if you dont know what magisk is and how to install it, search Google)
    3. Flash the provided zip through TWRP or Magisk manager (Magisk manager may has bugs causing the zip not flashable)
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy ! (Music player may need further setting for 24 bit output)​

Note 2: If you find any bug, please feel free to report but please remember if you use this mod with other sound mod (like Viper 4 Android, DTS..) the bug will be noted but no promise for it to be fixed

Credit goes to:
    @legacyeah for mic recording bug fix
    @Rizal Lovins for the original mod
    @SGCMarkus for providing AOSP for our device
    And all the testers on telegram group

Update:
    *18/2/19: add mod option to force enable HIM ( will cause sound distortion on normal headphone- dont complain)
    *23/2/19: 24 bit mod HIM is now a separate module, you can install both module and enable one of your choice
    *10/3/19: add 24 bit mod Dual speaker mod. Courtesy of @Dante63. Also cleaning up unnecessary file.
    *6/4/19: With new device tree, AOSP now have working 24 bit output by default and HIM mode as well as DAC filter and sound preset working (with Ainur), those mod are depreciated. However, PowerAmp still need a mod to enable 24 bit output. Hence thread is updated with the necessary mod
    *3/7/19: Add Pseudo HIM mod, dualspeaker mod, stereo recording.
    - Improved compatibility

- Improved compatibility

In case someone is still using this, I made a minor change.
    The earpiece sound has been raised a little compared to previous version.
    Flash in MAGISK only.
    Updated !
    - Check First post for more info
    Updated stereo. Sound recording is louder and better quality.

Thanks. I talked to Markus to include this stuff in device tree so that all future rom will support dual mic. If all goes well next month all rom will have dual mic work (if @SGCMarkus remeber to include this change)