[Magisk] Enable 20x zoom and Macro mode on any OnePlus Camera version

Arden144

Nov 1, 2017
Nothing complicated here, just install the zip in Magisk Manager. No need to reboot. It won't show up as a module, so don't worry about that. To remove these changes, clear the data of the OnePlus Camera app.

Updated April 17th, 2020
Fixed an issue where the changes wouldn't be applied on a previously modified camera config

Attachments

Last edited:

RogerNZ

Aug 25, 2016
Nothing complicated here, just install the zip in Magisk Manager. No need to reboot. It won't show up as a module, so don't worry about that. To remove these changes, clear the data of the OnePlus Camera app.
Zoom works. I didn't notice any difference with Macro. Thank you.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
@Arden144 thank you so much for this. :)

Was wondering if there's a way to make it show as a Magisk Module just for a "peace of mind" thing I guess you'd say and also, will this work on newer versions of the OnePlus Camera? Right now using it on 3.8.87.

Thanks in advance and again, nice job. ??

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
@Arden144 thank you so much for this. :)

Was wondering if there's a way to make it show as a Magisk Module just for a "peace of mind" thing I guess you'd say and also, will this work on newer versions of the OnePlus Camera? Right now using it on 3.8.87.

Thanks in advance and again, nice job. ??
Yes to both lol it is my code. I invited Arden to use it lol

Reactions: seadersn and lwps

Arden144

Nov 1, 2017
Yes to both lol it is my code. I invited Arden to use it lol
It is not your code, actually. Take a look at the zip.

I also edited the Magisk update binary to skip all the unnecessary stuff and make the module flash almost instantaneously, as well as be as small as possible.

toolhas4degrees

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
How so? It is not his idea, nor his execution.

Docnok found the XML to edit, posted the edits, and I made a module to apply them quickly to any version. At one point I did ask TotallyAnxious for his module that does the same for my personal use, but he refused.
Stop calling me he.

*I will not be involved in further discussion of this* lol

Last edited:

toolhas4degrees

Docnok found the XML to edit, posted the edits, and I made a module to apply them quickly to any version. At one point I did ask TotallyAnxious for his module that does the same for my personal use, but he refused.
Did you credit docnok?
Not to be an a$$, but if someone else made it, doesn't matter who; you should credit them

Last edited:
Reactions: kingerion

elmarian756

Mar 7, 2016

To be fair i found the xml and explained to docknok how to enable macro and how to make other edits with preferences manager. A module was on the build
but we didnt knew how to code it fully. Totally anxious got it working on her module. The trick was out there already when i explained docknok, many people was already enabling this on preferences manager by that time. Macro mode is only useful to eliminate backgroud blur on macro close ups. T versions focus better in hardware. My point is that arguing about credits of xml edits is kinda pointless because it was an easy trick that many people knew. Dont know about the magisk code, figured out by learning totally anxious module and then dropped stock cam over gcam.