• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Magisk]Enable Photochrom filter for IN2020 model

Search This thread

Cattell

Jun 20, 2020
This Magisk module is using system prop to trick the system into thinking it is an "IN2023" device
so it won't block the photochrom filter for "IN2020" device

If your photochrom filter is disabled, this might help.

YOU WILL NEED MAGISK FOR THIS TO WORK

Simple 2 step:
- Install Magisk
- Download & Install this module

Download: https://gofile.io/d/njpMtU

If you don't want the device be IN2023, you could change the 'fake_model' in to model you want in the 'post-fs-data.sh' file

This Magisk module is using the same method as: Enable photochrome on IN2020
Thanks kevkid for finding this.

Edit: Will not work for INT.10.5.11/EU.10.5.10 firmware, can't seem to get a fix for now, join the discussion at [Discussion]How to re-enable full Photochrom on INT.10.5.11/EU.10.5.10

Last edited:

ahmedra2ol

May 13, 2011
Cairo
i hope this method works after any fu'kn update this company push to us. I bought this phone for the color filter and I hope this feature works seamlessly and even get stronger and more support here.

Maruli

Nov 29, 2013
Erfurt
Totally agree...who in their right mind buys a phone just because of a filter?

I use it for example for detecting the right positioning of photoelectric sensors at work. It was a great and convenient tool past then. And if you buy a 1000€ phone, you could expect all features to work and not get disabled because you maybe potentionally "could" see some undies. If I knew that, I'd rather go with a Mi 10 Pro.

Last edited:

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8 Pro
I use it for example for detecting the right positioning of photoelectric sensors at work. It was a great and convenient tool past then. And if you buy a 1000€ phone, you could expect all features to work and not get disabled because you maybe potentionally "could" see some undies. If I knew that, I'd rather go with a Mi 10 Pro.
Well then I do apologise for being a smartass.

Top Liked Posts