• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Magisk]Enable Photochrom filter for IN2020 model

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
I use it for example for detecting the right positioning of photoelectric sensors at work. It was a great and convenient tool past then. And if you buy a 1000€ phone, you could expect all features to work and not get disabled because you maybe potentionally "could" see some undies. If I knew that, I'd rather go with a Mi 10 Pro.

Of course you want everything to work and it annoys me too. But I wouldn't buy this phone specifically for a lens.. sorry but i wouldn't, and I'd hazard I guess neither will you from now on.

If you have a DSLR, grab a photocrom lens for it. It'll be substantially cheaper. Could get a thermal, night imaging and scope lenses for the remaining £880.

Or if you're on xXx or RICE or both like me then just dial *#808# and you can turn the camera on for that lens and use screen grab to take shots. It's no different to the actual lens.

Until the charge gets revoked in afraid we're all on the same boat.

Last edited:

Maruli

Nov 29, 2013
Erfurt
Of course you want everything to work and it annoys me too. But I wouldn't buy this phone specifically for a lens.. sorry but i wouldn't, and I'd hazard I guess neither will you from now on.

If you have a DSLR, grab a photocrom lens for it. It'll be substantially cheaper. Could get a thermal, night imaging and scope lenses for the remaining £880.

Or if you're on xXx or RICE or both like me then just dial *#808# and you can turn the camera on for that lens and use screen grab to take shots. It's no different to the actual lens.

Yep and with that you're propably right. For me it was just about time to get a new phone and I couldn't decide if I should go with a Mi 10 Pro or the OP8 Pro. I almost grabbed the Mi but then jumped on the photochrome hype train :laugh: - well my first and my last time. Still it's sad that Oneplus just didn't state the accusations that their camera lens can see through clothes with a "lol no it doesn't". They could easily proof it tbh.
I'm currently on the OB2 since I've jumped from rom to rom in the past 8 years on my phones, I just got tired of it. Hopefully Paranoid Android brings out a cool and stable ROM with their Ruby release and maybe they can bring the lens back to life.

franco985

Feb 9, 2011
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro

Engineering mode works on last stable OOS 11?

Top Liked Posts