[Magisk] [Exynos] Samsung 4k60 Camera Mod | UHD @ 60 FPS | HEVC | 6400 ISO | More

Search This thread

Ubimo

Dec 22, 2011
@Cvolton
Can you please implent JPG compression options?

Edit:
Problem when uninstalling:
I deleted the module via MagiskManager and rebooted my phone.
After reboot shootingmode provider kept fc. So I restored system partition via TWRP, same problem.
Then I restored data partition and the problem was gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: adroit11

AssuddoGG

Mar 25, 2019
Hi @Cvolton, i have installed googlewiz Rom for my s8. If I install your camera mod from magisk, after the reboot, the camera app disappear. If I remove the module from magisk the camera app reappear. How can I use your camera?

Last edited:

Cvolton

May 26, 2014
Prague
@Cvolton
Can you please implent JPG compression options?

That should be coming in a future update

Problem when uninstalling:
I deleted the module via MagiskManager and rebooted my phone.
After reboot shootingmode provider kept fc. So I restored system partition via TWRP, same problem.
Then I restored data partition and the problem was gone.

ShootingModeProvider doesn't handle version changes really well. Clearing its data usually fixes all issues

Reactions: Ubimo

AlexOptimal

Jan 27, 2018
Could someone tag me when a stable version is released for pie? I'm also new to rooting so if anyone could link me to a tutorial which will work for this mod I would highly appreciate it. Thank you to everyone in advance.

dylansmith

Jan 23, 2012
any idea if the upcoming release will support 4k60 together with video stabilization and HDR combined? Also, is it even remotely possible to implement 4k120 (probably lower bitrate) on our s8?

Lastly, is Alexis ROM 7.5 considered "stock" rom??

ChandraV76

Dec 15, 2010
Pontianak
Can someone please post an astrophotography sample like the milky way? Taken from this camera mod.
Here it is. (see attachment)
disclaimer : RAW processed with Adobe Lightroom
I shoot this on a mountain peak in my region.
full description here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmxP18TBrNs/

Here's how I shoot :
A 90
ISO 6400
Manual Focus set to infinity
and don't forget to enable RAW saving!
mount to a tripod and hit the shoot button

Anyway, this all only possible with this awesome mod. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 38862308_275038166659051_4170180375584178176_n.jpg
    38862308_275038166659051_4170180375584178176_n.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 642

Cvolton

May 26, 2014
Prague
any idea if the upcoming release will support 4k60 together with video stabilization and HDR combined? Also, is it even remotely possible to implement 4k120 (probably lower bitrate) on our s8?

Lastly, is Alexis ROM 7.5 considered "stock" rom??

Stabilization is disabled because it causes the video to be upscaled from 1536p, so it's not true 4k. HDR will probably be enabled in a future update, since it's technically possible, except the camera crashes when you finish recording (but the file gets saved correctly). 4k120 is pretty much impossible, since the sensor can only do 4k in 1136p, the 1440p120 mode is upscaled. It is possible for me to implement an upscaled 2160p120 mode but I can't see a reason to do that.

Anything based on a Samsung ROM should be good enough, as long as Samsung Camera works there.

Reactions: SevenD2

Cvolton

May 26, 2014
Prague
Alright, I'd like to announce, that a Pie compatible version is officially out in the form of an Oreo camera port! (because oreo cam > pie cam) It's compatible with all One UI based ROMs (this includes Note FE port roms for S7), just flash it from the Magisk modules repository. Enjoy!

This camera mod is supposed to be compatible with Galaxy S7, right? How can I make it work?

For me after installing via magisk I can't boot beyond the Samsung logo anymore. Then I tried to uninstall it in TWRP using both, uninmod as well as magisk manager for recovery. Neither option showed me any installed modules so I had to do a factory reset.

My phone setup is the S7 using LineageOS 15.1 (current version: 17.03.2019 by ivanmeler) and magisk 19.0.

Cvolton

May 26, 2014
Prague
Is it possible to record HDR10+ videos like the S10?I really like the HDR function of the S10.

No, the sensor only does 8-bit color and the encoder can't do HDR10 either

This camera mod is supposed to be compatible with Galaxy S7, right? How can I make it work?

For me after installing via magisk I can't boot beyond the Samsung logo anymore. Then I tried to uninstall it in TWRP using both, uninmod as well as magisk manager for recovery. Neither option showed me any installed modules so I had to do a factory reset.

My phone setup is the S7 using LineageOS 15.1 (current version: 17.03.2019 by ivanmeler) and magisk 19.0.

Sadly, this mod only works on Samsung based ROMs, since it's a modification of the stock camera app, which depends on proprietary Samsung frameworks, such as semcamera. The reason why you're stuck in a bootloop is that the module flashed a modified version of the stock libexynoscamera.so library, which is only compatible with Samsung-based ROMs, as it depends on libraries not present in LineageOS. It even says in the OP that a Samsung Experience based ROM is required.
TL;DR Lineage is not compatible

blagginspaziyonokip

Apr 29, 2012
Shutter speed isn't working properly for front cam. Whatever you adjust it to, it takes less than a second to actually take a picture.

Cloud Strife 48

Nov 20, 2014
I want to see how this camera mod takes astrophotography like the one in the picture.

Attachments

• received_430240847748428.jpeg
    received_430240847748428.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 420

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dJ9NA7m.png

Enable UHD @ 60 FPS, QHD @ 120 FPS, HEVC, up to 6400 ISO and more on Exynos based Samsung devices
    Telegram Group | Telegram Channel (update announcements etc.) | GitHub
    Now compatible with Pie!

Features
    • UHD @ 60 FPS, QHD @ 120 FPS and more custom resolutions
    • Change audio bitrate, video encoder (enable HEVC), video bitrate
    • Front facing camera Pro Mode
    • Unlock Pro mode for Slow Motion resolutions
    • Unlock Auto mode for front camera - Disable post-processing
    • Custom ISO values in Pro mode (up to 6400)
    • Custom long exposure Shutter Speed values (up to 90 seconds)
    • Unlock Shutter Speeds slower than 1/30 for recording
    • Change ISO while recording
    • Enable HDR in UHD resolutions
    • Remove Low Battery Flash Limit at 15%.
    • Change Quick Launch Key from Home to Power in the settings and vice-versa

How to install
    1. Download the ZIP attached to the post
    2. Open Magisk Manager
    3. Slide from left to reveal the sidebar
    4. Go to Modules
    5. Press +
    6. Install the downloaded ZIP

Compatibility
    • Magisk 18+
    • Samsung Experience / OneUI based ROM required
    • Officially supported devices:
      • Full support
        • Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge)
        • Samsung Galaxy S8(+)
        • Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    • Not supported at all (mod doesn't work):
      • Samsung Galaxy S9
      • Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    • All devices with different sensor resolution than 4032x3024 require a manual modification of /system/cameradata/camera-features-v7.xml at the moment

Other helpful tips
    To get higher quality videos you can optionally:
    • Switch MOD SETTINGSVideo encoder from H.264 to H.265 (at expense of compatibility, i.e. older phones won't play these, Telegram won't let you compress them)
    • Increase MOD SETTINGSVideo bitrate (causes videos to occupy more storage space)

Special thanks to
    • @M132 for spending nights with me reverse engineering the APK and libraries
    I don't mind that you have improved the camera mod in a lot of ways. Kudos it certainly takes a lot of time. It appears to be a much much more efficient way of doing it.

I know that you have referenced mine in many ways, I am just disappointed you never credited.
    I don't mind that you have improved the camera mod in a lot of ways. Kudos it certainly takes a lot of time. It appears to be a much much more efficient way of doing it.

I know that you have referenced mine in many ways, I am just disappointed you never credited.

I started to work on this mod because I got disappointed by your one lacking such simple features as 2160p60 and 1080p240 support, so while your camera mod has indirectly affected the existence of this one, most of the work has been redone from scratch.

The only things I've taken from your mod here are mode and feature lists of camera-features-v7.xml. The APKs and libraries are directly based on stock ones (taken from official S7, S8 and Note8 ROMs), with me and @M132 spending nights to publicly reverse engineer them (see the linked Telegram group). Any similarities between the mods are coincidences, most likely because people think alike when it comes to resolving simple problems.
    At least the settings for edge enhancement and noise reduction apparently can be independently applied with ZeroProbe's mod for now as his mod seems to be effectively patching the file "libexynoscamera.so" only in order to cover these two settings. Due to the lack of any setting in Cvolton's mod here, I guess altering this file is not in scope here. The JPEG data reduction ratio thing probably is trickier because part of the classes.dex within SamsungCamera7.apk, at least this is what is different after using Zeroprobe's mod here and comparing original and patch.

JPEG quality settings have been already added in an update I released a few days ago.

(btw modifying dex is way easier than modifying libexynoscamera)

First, thanks for providing a very promising alternative to ZeroProbe's mod, however, at least in conjunction with the Note 8 (N950FD), neither yours is flawless:

- UHD@60fps has more or less stutter (more when using H264, less when using "MPEG-4 Visual")

This issue may be caused by your Note 8 underperforming, I've seen a case where the 4k60 mode was only recording 45 FPS because the phone had a hardware issue that caused the CPU to only perform at ~60% speed. I'd suggest you try Antutu or any other benchmark to see if you're getting scores that you should have (circa 210k in Antutu, that person had only 160k).

- whenever attempting to use UHD@48fps, the phone crashes and restarts

This is an odd issue I can't recreate, this may be caused by your ROM + kernel combination.

- lack of the edge enhancement and noise reduction setting

Already addressed, will probably come in a future update. I'll have to introduce a supplemental app for library patching for this probably, as this isn't possible to change just by setting camera parameters.

- lack of JPEG data reduction setting

Already addressed, is present in 3.0.2

- limited recording time/size

Will keep this in mind for future updates, although the FHD 60 and UHD 30 limits have been lifted already and I don't find lifting the 4 GB limit as important, since the recording restarts immediately. This doesn't mean that I'm not going to look into it though.

It would be fantastic if you could address these drawbacks your mod has over Zeroprobe's or - like I already wrote, team up with him and make one great mod altogether.

Sadly, I don't see teaming up with him as a very realistic option, as we have very different approaches for our mods. My mod is more feature focused, while his mod focuses on being very easy to update and so on. He has basically stated in his Telegram group, that he's mostly doing it for profit lately, while my mod exists just because I want to see these features myself.

Overall I'd like to say that I appreciate the feedback and I'll be looking for ways to implement the requested features in future updates.
    Alright, I'd like to announce, that a Pie compatible version is officially out in the form of an Oreo camera port! (because oreo cam > pie cam) It's compatible with all One UI based ROMs (this includes Note FE port roms for S7), just flash it from the Magisk modules repository. Enjoy!