• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Magisk for Samsung Galaxy a42

Search This thread

MaXi32

Apr 3, 2014
Cyberjaya
Anyone has tried rooting using Magisk? I just bought this last week. I want to modify the CSC feature so that I can enable auto call recording restriction in my country. That needs rooting. I don't care about the warranty. Anyone?

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Anyone has tried rooting using Magisk? I just bought this last week. I want to modify the CSC feature so that I can enable auto call recording restriction in my country. That needs rooting. I don't care about the warranty. Anyone? [ouch sorry mod there was a similar question in Q and A section]. Can you delete this ?
Have you tried flashing the CSC of a country that does support call recording? Or does the A42 not support call recording in any country?

rootadvisor

May 15, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: pierro78

rootadvisor

May 15, 2019
i have tryed rooting with magisk with Success,
My process was:

had no luck passing all Ap file to the phone, ... "could not read from device"

so I passed boot.img.lz4 in lz4tool, then flashed the boot.img in magisk and packed a tar with vbmeta and recovery and the renamed magisk_patched .img to boot img,

Try to flash via odin in download mode and it fail in ODIN 3.14.
Any one with success?

Please ignore
I edit this it should be some problem with the cable... and my pc Try it again and it worked. with Magisk :D

Last edited:

rootadvisor

May 15, 2019
*Notice this will void warranty, and I'm not responsible for any damage you may cause or data loss etc...

Process to root with magisk

requirements:
Oem unlock (develpment mode and in bootloader)
ODIN 3.14
Firmware of the image
lz4tool
7zip

Install Magisk manager.
from the image firmware extract from AP the file boot.img.lz4.
pass this in boot img.lz4 in lz4tool and copy to phone the boot.img
Patch it boot.img in magisk manager
copy magisk_patched.img to pc and rename it to boot.img
use 7zip and create a tar "magisk_patched.tar" with the boot.img , vbmeta and recovery ( extract this to from the original fw AP)
In Odin in slot AP load the magisk_patched.tar and in option untick auto reboot and press start
reboot the phone using the combo keys to go to recovery and wipe/factory reset

let it boot and then your done :D
install magisk manager again if needed and let it set.

CTH-EVO

My process was:

so I passed boot.img.lz4 in lz4tool, then flashed the boot.img in magisk and packed a tar with vbmeta and recovery and the renamed magisk_patched .img to boot img,

Any one with success?

Please ignore
I edit this it should be some problem with the cable... and my pc Try it again and it worked. with Magisk :D
Did it trip KNOX?

CTH-EVO

*Notice this will void warranty, and I'm not responsible for any damage you may cause or data loss etc...

requirements:
ODIN 3.14
Firmware of the image
lz4tool
7zip

Install Magisk manager.
use 7zip and create a tar "magisk_patched.tar" with the boot.img , vbmeta and recovery ( extract this to from the original fw AP)
In Odin in slot AP load the magisk_patched.tar and in option untick auto reboot and press start

What procedure did you use to unlock the bootloader?

Thanks! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    where i can find is the Firmware for this phone ? (A426BXXU1ATK4) already search in sam mobile and nothing there yet.
    Thanks

Found firmware at

have OEM Unlocked and ready to go, should I be concerned with Qualcomm secure boot: enable?
    My process was:

Any one with success?

Please ignore

requirements:
    ODIN 3.14
    Firmware of the image
    lz4tool
    7zip

Install Magisk manager.