Magisk General Support / Discussion

amajamar

May 15, 2014
Trying to flash the safetynet fix module and all of a sudden I'm getting a "grant storage permissions to enable this functionality" error. I also can't download updates to other modules for the same reason. What might be the problem? This hasn't been an issue in the past. Any thoughts?

Update-My version of Magisk was not current. After updating to current version, I did not have any issues with the error message noted above and I was able to install new module and update existing modules without issue.

Last edited:

2ISAB

Jul 20, 2017
Mhz
forum.xda-developers.com
Android 9 TWRP Magisk ctfs failed (was working a few days ago)
Samsung Galaxy A70 SM-A705YN

I tired Termux method and selected the closest to my device was SM-A705YNXSA
Fingerprint
su
props
“Edit Device Fingerprint”.
and selected the one mentioned above.
ctfs etc failed

Using latest Magisk Manager Magisk-21.2(21200)
Tries installing it within TWRP, however i cant pass
Would be very appreciative.

Attachments

Phoenix 15 A

Jan 13, 2019
Houghton, MI
I have a one plus 7 pro with carbon Rom 8 (android 10), no Google installed, the only magisk I can use is 20.04. Any other version installed causes Qualcomm crash. Why? I know how to fix but why does it happen? Any thoughts?

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
That's great too! Thanks AndDiSa!
I don't need anymore to fake my phone. Just using the new module to fix safetynet is enough. :)
The Author, Danny Lin (@kdrag0n) mentioned this added value benefit of his fix (compared w/ current 'force Basic' MHPC solution for ctsProfile which is sadly no longer working for most 🤐), along with other details on Telegram:
Universal SafetyNet Fix v1.0.2

This is a Magisk module that fixes SafetyNet on devices with hardware attestation and unlocked bootloaders. It defeats both hardware attestation and the new SafetyNet ctsProfile updates released today, without any changes to device or model names, as long as you can pass basic attestation (i.e. fingerprints and security patch levels). No device-specific features (such as the Pixel-exclusive Google Assistant design) will be lost.

MagiskHide is required if rooted.
Compatible with all Android 11 ROMs based on AOSP. Android 10, heavy OEM skins, and all other ROM versions are not supported.

Changes since v1.0.0: works on many more devices (especially older devices), increased chances of passing SafetyNet on stock ROMs

Source code (https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix)
Please consider donating for sustainable support or buying me a coffee if this helped you. Thank you for your support!
https://t.me/proton_p5_builds/34

Thank YOU Danny! PW

Last edited:

katerpanne

Jul 7, 2017
Hannover
Safetynet-Fix from 01/14/2021:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install only the version for your Android version !!!

Android 11: Version 1.0.2 to install with magisk as described

Android 10: Version 1.0.2 to install with magisk as described

Then clear Data / Cache from "Google Play store", "Google Play services", "Google Service Framework" and reboot
CTS-Profile -> True

thx to: @kdrag0n & @Anan1211

Last edited:

Philnicolls89

Jun 28, 2019
A.C.T
andoroid 10 package. Tested on Pixel 3a. Now passes safety net
Works on my s10+, great work thank you. One issue which I believe is to do with the new xda app not the uploaded file, but the zip file downloaded as a bin file and I needed to rename the extension to .zip. im only mentioning it encase it confuses someone else.

Tianhe

Mar 16, 2011
CTS still fails for me after all these steps:

1) Flashed Universal Safety Net Fix v1.1.0
2) Cleared data from Google Play Services, Play store & Framework.
3) Magisk Manager hidden/renamed and MagiskHide activated.

Device: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ASUS_ X00TD)
ROM: Stock rooted Android 9.0

Any ideas ?

UPDATE:
Using MPHC module alongwith Safety Net Fix resolves CTS failure. But I am not sure if it's a combination of both modules or one of them (and I am not going to fiddle with this !!)

Last edited:

thomas140

Jul 3, 2018
Johor
CTS still fails for me after all these steps:

1) Flashed Universal Safety Net Fix v1.1.0
2) Cleared data from Google Play Services, Play store & Framework.
3) Magisk Manager hidden/renamed and MagiskHide activated.

Device: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ASUS_ X00TD)
ROM: Stock rooted Android 9.0

Any ideas ?
Did you try the 1.0.2?

thomas140

Jul 3, 2018
Johor
Nope, AFAIK 1.0.2 was for Android 10 & 11. And v.1.1.0 is the latest version which is compatible with Android 8.0-11.0 (Atleast that's what I understood from the changelog)

If so, I will suggest to check with the dev who made this safetynet fix.