Magisk General Support / Discussion

Didgeridoohan

Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
On Mi 9 pro Android 11 lastest developer Rom, installed magisk fix master and I got this result. The fact is that after updating magisk from 20.x to 21.x I get error while trying to get API google file, it cannot connect to the server. I cannot even see any module on line, I have to find them on the net, download through browser and after install with magisk. Beside that it passed Safetynet from third app. Magiskhide is installed and enabled.
View attachment 5187359View attachment 5187361View attachment 5187363View attachment 5187365View attachment 5187373
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide#hn_SafetyNet_API_error

The fact that you do not see any modules suggest that there is something that is blocking some parts of the Manager getting access to the internet. In the past that has usually been because of a custom hosts file.

Reactions: woozie.2007

Didgeridoohan

Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Only an idea: you could youse a user defined update channel which is pointing to 20.4 .... but currently I have no clue about the preconditions to a user-defined channel :-(
i don't know what is the channel for 20.4
You would have to find the json of the older magisk version you want (somewhere in Github maybe) and set a custom channel using that json.
Oh yeah... I forgot. The stable releases still have their update channels available through GitHub history (I was thinking about the Canary releases that have had their history cleared). This should be Magisk v20.4:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/t...5ffa9b079f3a411dd2c00a80a3d985ccc/stable.json

2ISAB

Jul 20, 2017
Mhz
forum.xda-developers.com
Android 9 TWRP Magisk ctfs failed (was working a few days ago)
Samsung Galaxy A70 SM-A705YN

I tired Termux method and selected the closest to my device was SM-A705YNXSA
Fingerprint
su
props
“Edit Device Fingerprint”.
and selected the one mentioned above.
ctfs etc failed

Using latest Magisk Manager Magisk-21.2(21200)
Tries installing it within TWRP, however i cant pass
Would be very appreciative.

SOLVED using Termux fingerprint, downgraded Magisk, as follows

Iba5fe0791622839e1bad4730593a319ea03661f2

Attachments

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
Hi there,

Trying to update from 20.4 to 21.2 (stable) on a Pixel 4 XL (still on Android 10) and I'm getting an "Unable to detect target image" error.

I usually have no problem updating Magisk. Is there something I'm missing here?

jean marc

Nov 5, 2006
Limassol

bilal91

Jul 25, 2012
revolut is detecting root on my realme x3 superzoom (android 10)...no problems with Google pay or other banking apps, just revolut...anyone else with similar problem or any solutions?
passing all checks and have mhpc and safety net fix installed too

J.Michael

Jan 20, 2018
Picking a different hosts file provider would be one solution. There are other ways too, but you'd have to search for those since I don't have the details...
Why would anyone be blocking wherever it is that Magisk goes to get files?
If @jean marc was happy with everything else about that hosts file, couldn't he just delete the lines referring to github (or wherever)?

Reactions: jean marc

Didgeridoohan

Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Why would anyone be blocking wherever it is that Magisk goes to get files?
If @jean marc was happy with everything else about that hosts file, couldn't he just delete the lines referring to github (or wherever)?
Why? Very good questions, but there have been many reports of this. And yes, one solution is to whitelist the affected addresses in the hosts file, but you'd first have to figure out which ones. This kind of issue mainly started after @topjohnwu started using the JSDelivr CDN for downloads, but that usually didn't manifest like this (downloads of Magisk of modules would fail), so I guess there are other addresses involved here.

Reactions: J.Michael

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
It works, I also cleaned the cache. Only that now I receive all advertising. What good adblocker can I use?
View attachment 5187477
It's all about the hosts sources you use (list of blocked sites), not the add blocker itself

E.g., if you use AdAway, with its three default hosts sources it would not affect Magisk Manager.
If for some reason you want to add additional hosts sources and if you observe they block Magisk Manager, you can debug DNS to find which sites must be whitelisted - but that's off topic for this thread

See also the post above, about JSDelivr (probably a site that might be blocked by some hosts sources they are heavy to block all analytics tools, and you would need to whitelist)

But again, there is no problem with the three default hosts sources coming preinstalled with AdAway

Last edited:
Reactions: J.Michael

akhil093

Jun 22, 2013
Los Angeles C.A
New versions of google play services keep messing with my magisk and device. Is there any way to stop google play services from updating itself ? I want to keep old version of gms. That works best with magisk I installed.

Sid220

Jul 31, 2012
Como
My banking app detects root after i installed Magisk 21.2, with version 20.4 does not detect root. Manager version 8.0.5, MagiskHide enabled and app added to list. I'm not doing something wrong since MagiskHide works with older version. What can i do to fix this?

dope77

Aug 8, 2018
installed latest magisk canary update and rebooted,now my phone is constantly rebooting on Samsung Galaxy J6+ Logo,
where can i find version history of magisk? i need to downgrade

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
can't find canary releases, only stable and beta and they don't work on my device (causes bootloop)
From Magisk Manager take a link to Github.
Scroll down to Downloads, Magisk Manager Canary.
There you can download the latest both Manager and Magisk for Canary