Magisk General Support / Discussion

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Do you have "auto-update" turned off in Google Play settings?

I don't remember if Play Services shows up in list of apps with updates. If it does, I probably take it because at some point update refuses to work with outdated Services.

In Android Settings -> Apps, Play Services has a button to uninstall updates. Maybe you can use that.
I am going to *GUESS* that the playstore will update regardless of the auto updates setting, its too important/dangerous for google to allow you to not update it. I have never seen the playstore in the list of available updates, I think it updates at the very start of the playstore if there is one available; i.e. no chance to show in a list.

I built a play store detach method, and I have never tested it on the playstore (and actually excluded it in the first release) which has the GMS as an option to be detached. Might be worth a try. ==> TeMeFI

Reactions: J.Michael

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Play Services Auto-Updates

...Is there any way to stop google play services from updating itself ? I want to keep old version of gms.
Do you have "auto-update" turned off in Google Play settings?

I don't remember if Play Services shows up in list of apps with updates...
I am going to *GUESS* that the playstore will update regardless of the auto updates setting, its too important/dangerous for google to allow you to not update it. I have never seen the playstore in the list of available updates, I think it updates at the very start of the playstore if there is one available; i.e. no chance to show in a list...
Google Play & Google Services updates themselves automatically regardless if you chose Don't auto-update apps automatically or not in Google Play Store's settings & regardless if Play Store is at the foreground or not.

I observed the downloading of Play services in the notifications on both Galaxy S5 G900M LineageOS 17.1 klte + Open GApps Pico and on a S5 Mini with stock Samsung 6.0.1 with my Don't auto-update apps automatically setting.

Never saw Play Services in the list of apps with available updates in Play Store.

Last edited:

johnybravojr

Dec 8, 2009
magisk 21.2
magisk manager 8.0.5(4802)
running
magiskHide props config 5.4.0-v113
universal safetynet fix 1.0.2 by kdragon
hardware off 1.1 by displax

if i am not mistaken iam up to date. this just happened... probably i am the first to report?
I had everything working using the earlier Carary Build. I updated to the latest Canary Build yesterday (direct install), and now many of my apps are force-closing, most banking apps are detecting root, and MagiskHide list is getting automatically unchecked. Everything's messed up now. Looks like this issue is with the Magisk update, and not with the updated banking apps. And lesson learned: don't try to fix what is not broken!

Reactions: fobtob387

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I had everything working using the earlier Carary Build. I updated to the latest Canary Build yesterday (direct install), and now many of my apps are force-closing, most banking apps are detecting root, and MagiskHide list is getting automatically unchecked. Everything's messed up now. Looks like this issue is with the Magisk update, and not with the updated banking apps. And lesson learned: don't try to fix what is not broken!
Its CANARY! by definition its about fixing things so that tfuture functionality can be implemented. Possibly beta or stable would be a better choice. I personally am only on beta as I am on A11, otherwise I'd onl.y install stable.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Its CANARY! by definition its about fixing things so that tfuture functionality can be implemented. Possibly beta or stable would be a better choice. I personally am only on beta as I am on A11, otherwise I'd onl.y install stable.
Stable is now also on 21200 (same as Beta) and therefore as well good for A11

Last edited:
Reactions: DiamondJohn

johnybravojr

Dec 8, 2009
I'm aware of that, but in the past, I've had apps detecting root on stable versions of Magisk. So I switched to Canary, which solved the problems.

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Universal SafetyNet Fix update:
Latest release
v1.1.1
@kdrag0n released this 4 hours ago

Changes
- Removed security patch fixup to fix CTS profile mismatches on some devices

Some devices will now need to use MagiskHide Props Config in addition to this module in order to pass CTS profile checks as part of basic attestation. Altering the CTS profile is no longer in scope for this module as it breaks more devices than it fixes
NB. As Danny indicates here, MHPC remains a vital cog in Magisk's MH gearbox. PW

potan

Oct 17, 2010
i cannot hide magisk manager in miui 8.1.4.0 android 6.0 marshmallow,
the device Mi5
os miui 8.1.4.0 android 6.0
latest magisk 21.2

what i have try:
-clean install, no internet connnection turn off play protect and setenforce 0
-clean install, turn on internet connection, let gapps update to latest, turn off play protect and setenforce 0
-clean install, turn on internet connection, don't let gapps update to latest, turn off play protect and setenforce 0

can it be fixed? or some workaround?
after searching for a whole day most of i found fixed with setenforce 0 and turn off play protect.

rhewins2268

Oct 28, 2011
Livermore Falls
www.youtube.com
i cannot hide magisk manager in miui 8.1.4.0 android 6.0 marshmallow,
the device Mi5
os miui 8.1.4.0 android 6.0
latest magisk 21.2

what i have try:
-clean install, no internet connnection turn off play protect and setenforce 0
-clean install, turn on internet connection, let gapps update to latest, turn off play protect and setenforce 0
-clean install, turn on internet connection, don't let gapps update to latest, turn off play protect and setenforce 0

can it be fixed? or some workaround?
after searching for a whole day most of i found fixed with setenforce 0 and turn off play protect.
You serched for a day and didn't find this thread? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...etynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/page-7#post-84299679

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Latest Canary:

Jan 15

Magisk (04c53c35) (21203)
- Workaround f2fs bugs in Linux that causes bootloops

Magisk Manager (04c53c35) (4818)
- Update scripts for the said fix mentioned above

Jan 17

Magisk (2f5331ab) (21301)
- Sync with public release

Magisk Manager (2f5331ab) (4828)
- Sync with public release

Latest Beta / Stable:

Release Notes

2021.1.16 Magisk v21.3

Happy 2021! v21.3 adds a workaround for devices with buggy F2FS Linux kernel drivers. This F2FS bug may cause bootloops on many devices. Checkout the full v21.0 release notes if coming from older releases.

Magisk Changelog

v21.3
- [MagiskInit] Avoid mounting f2fs userdata as it may result in kernel crashes. This shall fix a lot of bootloops
- [MagiskBoot] Fix a minor header checksum bug for DHTB header and ASUS blob image formats
- [MagiskHide] Allowing hiding isolated processes if the mount namespace is separated

Magisk Manager Changelog

v8.0.5
- fix sepolicy rule copying

V8.0.6
- Minor UI changes
- Update internal scripts

👍 PW

Last edited:

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Universal SafetyNet Fix v1.1.1 is now available.

Changes
  • Removed security patch fixup to fix CTS profile mismatches on some devices

Download

Some devices will now need to use MagiskHide Props Config in addition to this module in order to pass CTS profile checks as part of basic attestation. Altering the CTS profile is no longer in scope for this module as it breaks more devices than it fixes.

If this module helped you, please consider a recurring donation for sustainable support, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.

Issues on heavy OEM skins
This is a reminder that heavy OEM skins are not officially supported. They may happen to work depending on your luck and the particular ROM in question, but nothing is guaranteed. Please do not report problems on such ROMs. It's surprising that it works at all on them; I wouldn't expect everything to be fully working. I will not provide more support for issues related to heavy OEM skins.

The compatibility issue does not lie in the SafetyNet fix itself, but rather how the Magisk module is built. It's possible to make the Magisk module version of the fix slightly more portable, but I have no interest in supporting heavy OEM skins, nor do I have any devices running such ROMs.

You will always have the best luck with a ROM not too far from AOSP, e.g. most custom ROMs and Pixel stock ROMs.

Spartacus500

Nov 6, 2014
After updating to the latest version of Magisk 21.3, I have a problem with the selected root stealth applications, they are hidden, but not checked in Magisk hide, and in the log such info:
Screenshot_20210116-165039.jpgScreenshot_20210116-165319.jpg

Reactions: fobtob387

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Updated from Canary 21202 to 21203, but no good - Viper4Android shows Status Abnormal

That's why I never update directly nor flash through TWRP but patch an image and keep for a while - flashed my yesterday's 21202 patched and Status is back to Normal

Xiaomi.eu A11 beta
With today's 21203 Viper4Android also does not work: Status Abnormal

I can simply reflash between my various saved patched boot images back and forth, last version of Magisk where V4A works is 21202

Anybody else here using V4A, and how is V4A for you?

thomas140

Jul 3, 2018
Johor

I can simply reflash between my various saved patched boot images back and forth, last version of Magisk where V4A works is 21202

I already faced this issue since 21.2.
Resolved by changing selinux status to permissive.
No issue after 21.3 also

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015

Still working for me on Magisk Beta 21.3. Previously I had installed through the Magisk Repo and when Beta 21.2 came out it broke it. I uninstalled that V4A version and reinstalled by just installing the apk (2.7.2.1) and it worked and is still working with 21.3. I also had JamesDSP, AML, and ACP installed prior to reinstalling the 2.7.2.1 apk.

Using Pixel 4 XL, stock Android 11 (January update).

Reactions: zgfg