Magisk General Support / Discussion

raxeffect

Feb 7, 2011
Hello all,

I have a Realme X2 Pro running C34 version of official rom on Unlocked bootloader with Magisk 20.4; I installed 21.4 through the recommended installation and it resulted in bootloop (very occasionally it goes further and there is error messaging saying android system is corrupted or something.)

I have tried reinstalling recovery - which allows going to recovery; I 've reinstalled vbmeta.img that also hasn't helped. I have cleared cache and system data and reinstalled. I've dirty flashed a ROM over it as well;
I am now trying to download firmwares to extract boot .img and see if that works.

ANy suggestions as to how to get this working again?

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016

daddylonglegs

Oct 23, 2009
Vermont

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Thanks so much for the reply.

I did fastboot boot magisk_patched_qfngE.img
It said

Code:
C:\adb>fastboot boot magisk_patched_qfngE.img
Sending 'boot.img' (65536 KB)                      OKAY [  1.485s]
Booting                                            OKAY [  6.671s]
Finished. Total time: 8.253s
Then the Google logo showed up and the loading bar kept going. Then the phone rebooted into Recovery and said "Cannot load Android system"

What on Earth is going on? :(
Sorry if you have sorted this out already, but your commands dont look right.

I used (return to stock in my example, but you get the idea)
fastboot flash boot 201205_stock_boot.img
You appear to be missing thge "FLASH" part of the command. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: daddylonglegs

daddylonglegs

Oct 23, 2009
Vermont

I appreciate the reply but my post was replying to someone who told me to try it that way, without the flash command.

Every time I try to flash Magisk on my Pixel 3a on Android 11, I get the error: NO VALID SLOT TO BOOT

I've used Magisk for years in the past, so it's not me being a noob. Every single time I try to flash the patched image I get NO VALID SLOT TO BOOT errors afterwards and have to re-install the OS to get it working again.

I would really like to get this solved. :(

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
I appreciate the reply but my post was replying to someone who told me to try it that way, without the flash command.

Every time I try to flash Magisk on my Pixel 3a on Android 11, I get the error: NO VALID SLOT TO BOOT

I've used Magisk for years in the past, so it's not me being a noob. Every single time I try to flash the patched image I get NO VALID SLOT TO BOOT errors afterwards and have to re-install the OS to get it working again.

Flash it to both slots add "--slot all" in the command.

kevk60

Dec 21, 2012
U.S.A

Maybe try fastboot boot magisk_patched_*****.img without the adb. I put the patched image in the platform tools folder, opened a power shell window and entered the command fastboot boot magisk_patched_****.img. It booted to the system then I went to magisk and did a direct install in magisk. All went well. This was on a one plus 8t with a/b partitions. I of course entered fastboot devices to make sure the phone was recognized and then entered the other command. This was done on a pc not a mac also. Hope you find a solution. It can be frustrating.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

If you have the return to stock image from your manufacturer, and look inside the fash-all.bat, you can see exactly what the fastboot command should be like.

I have a Pixel 4a and it shows that flashing partitions explicitly name the partition after the command flash: eg:
...snip...
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-sunfish-s5-0.3-6835615.img
...snip...
fastboot flash radio radio-sunfish-g7150-00023-201008-b-6891498.img
...snip...
{/quote]

Now, the boot image is within a sub-zip, so the shell command is not visible. Since your getting desperate, maybe modifying the return to stock zip image (replace the boot image with the modified one) may be an avenue worth a try. I have never tried this way myself just a crazy thought

You say you have the latest SDK, what is the MD5 of your fastboot? FYI Mine is FFE96C8DFCE2B88D98C30605D7566F6C and the previous version (which I think also works for me) is 8584E1BDE289A70B57FA99D0A210CE0D

daddylonglegs

Oct 23, 2009
Vermont
If you have the return to stock image from your manufacturer, and look inside the fash-all.bat, you can see exactly what the fastboot command should be like.

I have a Pixel 4a and it shows that flashing partitions explicitly name the partition after the command flash: eg:
thanks so much for the reply. The MD5 for my fastboot.exe is: ffe96c8dfce2b88d98c30605d7566f6c

Also the command I have been using is:

Code:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched_qfngE.img
which follows your method of having the type of flash named (boot).

I have no clue why I keep getting this NO VALID SLOT TO BOOT error every time I flash magisk's boot file. I've never had a problem with Magisk before and I have tried everything I can think of! :(

daddylonglegs

Oct 23, 2009
Vermont
Now that my phone is finally booting I have a completely new problem.

Only 3 modules installed. Systemless hosts, MagiskHide Props Config, and Universal SafetyNet Fix.

My phone will barely make it to the home screen and then it will just hard lock.

I am on a Pixel 3A, stock January 2021 Android 11 ROM, with the latest Magisk canary (f5593e05; 21401 for Magisk and ver 4835 15 for manager).

Any one have any ideas?

Last edited:

andrew_yousry

Jan 31, 2012
Dear @topjohnwu ,
I'm currently facing a problem. after updating the banking app, it started to show that the app is not supported on rooted device. Although I still can pass safetynet check and the app is checked in magisk hide, the magisk manager is hidden also.
I tried to troubleshoot the problem, I reinstalled the older version, it didn't show that message and worked fine. unfortunately they stopped the older version and now I have to use the new one.
Pleased help me
old app link
new app link
Screenshots attached

no one replied me till now
please help

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 25, 2017
Cork
no one replied me till now
please help
Maybe your banking app was updated to detect an unlocked bootloader in which case the only way around this is to revert to unrooted stock and lock the bootloader.

Personally I hate banking apps and just use a browser instead. This may also be an option for you perhaps?