Latest @vvb2060 Magisk Alpha build (July 24, 2021) changelog:Skipped a few due to rapid-fire! (This guy's a bit like Jorrit!)
alpha update log
- Based on 1eb83ad8, please refer to the upstream update log for related modifications
- Properly process any data from magiskd
- Support SharedUserId
- Delete the backup file after restoring the boot image
- Built-in current version update log
- Use the local version when the stub cannot be downloaded, now Magisk can be used completely offline
- Support bootimg v4 format
- Support bootconfig
- Detect /data/adb/magisk/ not updated and prompt to repair
- Remove the disabled and pending deletion marks when upgrading the module, and it is not allowed to mark as pending deletion before restarting
- Fix that it cannot be flashed in some TWRP
- Modify the search order of the module sepolicy location, fix the problem that some devices do not load the module sepolicy
- Listen to the PACKAGE_FULLY_REMOVED broadcast to remove completely uninstalled apps from magiskhide
- Display the modal waiting pop-up window when hiding/restore the Magisk application
- App adapted to Android 12
- Android 12+ super user hides the screen overlay when the window pops up
- For devices supported by the kernel, MagiskSU uses proprietary devpts to bypass some application detection
- Rewrite MagiskSU's logic to open pty and delete extra sepolicy rules
- Fix incorrect signal sending in MagiskHide
- Add untrusted_app_30
My earlier notes:
Check 'earlier notes' for installation method / details.
Alpha build users won't yet see Update button notice in Magisk App for this build as VersionCode has (again) NOT changed from 23001.
I'm not sure if this behaviour will be addressed, but users will observe the 'Latest' and 'Installed' version suffix now differs.
Latest in GitHub magisk_files repo is 1eb83ad8-alpha-25
Latest available from Telegram group is
Interestingly, in Magisk Documentation, @vvb2060 has updated "Internal Details" and "Deployment" since John did.