• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Magisk General Support / Discussion

Search This thread

pndwal

Yep, I did all that. The thing is that I'm using latest alpha update so no way to enable/disable magiskhide
Ah, you need to say, otherwise it will be assumed you have a TJW build.

In Alpha, you need to manually add the Google Play Services SafetyNet process to the DenyList, and possibly the main Play Services process.

Adding this (or both) to hidelist was a main function MagiskHide toggle. That's been removed for future builds by John, but processes can be easily added to new denylist to achieve at least that function (hiding root from processes) of MagiskHide.

For devices where Magisk resides in /sbin (many pre. Android 11), only deny SafetyNet process, com.google.android.gms.unstable. For Android 11+ etc (non /sbin), deny Main process, com.google.android.gms also.

Nb. To find 'Google Play services', first, click the spyglass symbol at the bottom and select Show system apps.

👍 PW

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Progress also on the other front:

TheHitMan7 (aka MagiskCustom) 95a4a4b8 from yesterday now works with LSPosed

I've tested with GravityBox-R and CustoMIUizer, with some mods there and it works just fine as with Magisk Alpha

With MagiskCustom:
- there is MagiskHide (not DenyList)
- MagiskHide can work with or without Zygisk
- Modules Repo is available
- SafetyNet checker is also integrated to the Magisk app (yesterday it was removed from the latest Alpha).
(All together, more like the old Magisk Stable v23)

Otherwise, it is also based on the latest TJW's commits for Magisk

Btw, to make LSPosed working, you must use TheHitMan7's LSPosed build - he had to remove dependency of DenyList as built into the newer LSPosed (official) builds (since his MagiskCustom has MagiskHide, not DenyList).
Otherwise, his LSPosed build was built based on the latest LSPosed 1.6.2 (6.1.6.7)

However, I cannot make Momohider working - I enable isolated option but MagiskDetector still detects su in the path (on Alpha, that isolated option helps to hide su from the path)

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_144920.jpg
    IMG_20211018_144920.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20211018_144943.jpg
    IMG_20211018_144943.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Google Pixel XL
OnePlus 8
Progress also on the other front:

TheHitMan7 (aka MagiskCustom) 95a4a4b8 from yesterday now works with LSPosed

I've tested with GravityBox-R and CustoMIUizer, with some mods there and it works just fine as with Magisk Alpha

With MagiskCustom:
- there is MagiskHide (not DenyList)
- MagiskHide can work with or without Zygisk
- Modules Repo is available
- SafetyNet checker is also integrated to the Magisk app (yesterday it was removed from the latest Alpha).
(All together, more like the old Magisk Stable v23)

Otherwise, it is also based on the latest TJW's commits for Magisk

Btw, to make LSPosed working, you must use TheHitMan7's LSPosed build - he had to remove dependency of DenyList as built into the newer LSPosed (official) builds (since his MagiskCustom has MagiskHide, not DenyList).
Otherwise, his LSPosed build was built based on the latest LSPosed 1.6.2 (6.1.6.7)

However, I cannot make Momohider working - I enable isolated option but MagiskDetector still detects su in the path (on Alpha, that isolated option helps to hide su from the path)
These are my findings or lack thereof concerning the 'head scratching' on the OP8 5G UW OOS 11:

I flashed;
8276a077-alpha Magisk
LSPosed-riru-v1.6.2-6168-release
Zygisk: Negatory

After which, I flashed:
8276a077-alpha Magisk
LSPosed-zygisk-v1.6.2-6168-release
Zygisk: Negatory

To finalize; I ended up going back to the ol' tried and true: b6298f86 - alpha Magisk and will keep the TheHitMan7's builds on the radar.

Reactions: pndwal and 73sydney

Antonio200

Nov 26, 2020
Good night. I've been reading last pages but haven't found anything... I was affected by September Safetynet CTS profile failure, but in Google Play my device appeared as Certified so I did nothing. Today I checked Safetynet by mistake and it has passed. Tried in Root Checker and passed too. WTF?? Sorry... Could someone explain it to me?
Thank you and regards

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Good night. I've been reading last pages but haven't found anything... I was affected by September Safetynet CTS profile failure, but in Google Play my device appeared as Certified so I did nothing. Today I checked Safetynet by mistake and it has passed. Tried in Root Checker and passed too. WTF?? Sorry... Could someone explain it to me?
Thank you and regards

In simple terms (which is the only way i can understand it):

The safetynet issue on the 17th of this month (a day or two ago, depending on your location), looks like it was caused by an expired SSL certificate (attest.android.com) which expired on the 17th....see here:

People using the magisk inbuilt safetynet test were still passing according to it as apparently its cached in that test

Other test apps were failing

If you were failing last month, it was for a different reason...

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Thank you and regards
How do you expect anybody can explain anything to you if you don't provide absolutely no info about your phone, ROM, Magisk modules you use, what did you change, etc.
SafetyNet is highly sensitive on all that.
Without detailed info nobody can help you and it will be wasting of time

Antonio200

Nov 26, 2020
@zgfg Redmi Note 9 Pro, xiaomi.eu 12.0.2, Magisk 23. In September CTS profail failed in Safetynet but my device continued been Certificate in Google Play Store and my bank apps worked so, as someone posted here, did nothing (didn't installed Magisk Alpha, nor Displax or kdrag0n safetynet fix). Yesterday I updated Busybox and, not sure why, checked Safetynet, and it passed. Tried with Root Checker and passed too. I have tried right now and keep on passing. Read some pages trying to find someone in the same case and didn'f find anything...

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
@zgfg Redmi Note 9 Pro, xiaomi.eu 12.0.2, Magisk 23. In September CTS profail failed in Safetynet but my device continued been Certificate in Google Play Store and my bank apps worked so, as someone posted here, did nothing (didn't installed Magisk Alpha, nor Displax or kdrag0n safetynet fix). Yesterday I updated Busybox and, not sure why, checked Safetynet, and it passed. Tried with Root Checker and passed too. I have tried right now and keep on passing. Read some pages trying to find someone in the same case and didn'f find anything...
When did you update Xiaomi.eu last time?

Did you use EdXposed (and later disabled/uninstalled)?

Do you use some other moduled like Magisk Hide Config Props and/or Universal SafetyNet Fix?

Antonio200

Nov 26, 2020
@zgfg I don't remember when I updated, at least one year ago. And no, I haven't installed EdXposed, MHCP nor Universal SafetyNet Fix. I didn't touch anything because it worked, I thought it would stop working sometime and then I would have to install Riru+kdrag0n safetynet fix, but now it works, don't know why. All I have installed in Magisk is Busybox and Systemless Hosts.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
@zgfg I don't remember when I updated, at least one year ago. And no, I haven't installed EdXposed, MHCP nor Universal SafetyNet Fix. I didn't touch anything because it worked, I thought it would stop working sometime and then I would have to install Riru+kdrag0n safetynet fix, but now it works, don't know why. All I have installed in Magisk is Busybox and Systemless Hosts.
That's strange because (I think it was) in Sep when Google did changes on the server side, it caused SafetyNet failures

Fortunately, fixes were provided soon in MHPC and USNF modules (mentioned in the previous posts)

EdXPosed also causes SN to fail but you also did not use

Xiaomi.eu provides SN fix (hence no need for USNF or MHPC) but you have all the time the same version

Btw, if you are on Xiaomi.eu Stable, why don't you consider to update to the latest (I believe there must be a newer version). For my Mi 9T, I'm on Stable 12.5 - guys, sorry for OT

Last edited:

Antonio200

Nov 26, 2020
@zgfg Last time I updated, my old Sony smartwach started to remove apps from the watch and sync again the next day. I solved it installing some of them as system apps so I don't mind if the watch sync or not :)
Thank you for your help

pndwal

@pndwal

Well Magisk (abfb3bb3-alpha) just became not my fave magisk version ever, Google Pay just lost contactless....weird

Gone back to you know which alpha by now....
Haha, I wouldn't know; I usually update before deciding I need to downgrade!

I'm on 8276a077-alpha. Made a $250 GPay purchase around 4pm yesterday, all good.

Have there been Google end changes since then? ... Maybe you're just becoming as paranoid as me!

Marvin

pndwal

Does that latest alpha version will work with P5A and A12?
Well it should.

Alpha has built these commits for a while now (for proper Android 12 support); TJW has yet to do so:

- Target SDK 31
vvb2060 authored and topjohnwu committed on 2 Sep
- boot image header v4
vvb2060 authored and topjohnwu committed on 29 Aug
- Support code injection on Android 12
topjohnwu committed on 11 Aug
... and more!
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/commits/master

TJW built only w/ commits for Android 12 betas to date...

BUT I expect new Canary build at Any Tick of the Clock! ...

HOWEVER, this issue likely affects your device:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/4343#issuecomment-947304715

Contributors there have gained temporary root and tried earlier Alpha builds to gain permanent root, but it seems this is not yet fully resolved...

- You could give latest Alpha a crack! 😜

🤠 PW

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
...I'm on 8276a077-alpha. Made a $250 GPay purchase around 4pm yesterday, all good....
I'm on 8276a077-alpha myself. But, SN fails for me. I'm attaching screenshots of my setup. Please advise on how to get SN to pass. My device is POCO X3 (non-NFC) and I'm on the latest AICP 16.1 (A11). Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-103839_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20211020-103839_Magisk.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20211020-103946_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20211020-103946_Magisk.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20211020-103859_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20211020-103859_Magisk.png
    358.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20211020-103927_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20211020-103927_Magisk.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20211020-104006_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20211020-104006_Magisk.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20211020-100613_YASNAC.png
    Screenshot_20211020-100613_YASNAC.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 66

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I'm on 8276a077-alpha myself. But, SN fails for me. I'm attaching screenshots of my setup. Please advise on how to get SN to pass. My device is POCO X3 (non-NFC) and I'm on the latest AICP 16.1 (A11). Thanks.
Generally, with (not-certified) custom ROMs (no matter which device and Magisk version) you first need to spoof fingerprints for e.g. same device but stock ROM (MHPC module - see the corresponding thread)

Then, if CTS still failing, you can further use MHPC or USNF to pass

PS: Assuming (for all people who switched to Alpha) that you have properly enabled Zygisk, DenyList and configured DenyList for GMS

Last edited:

pndwal

Are we witnessing the end of an era :(
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/4343#issuecomment-947304715

Thought I'd address this here.

Since the enquiry (re Android 12 & fixes) continues, @osm0sis just responded:
It just got released. Be patient.

You honestly think @topjohnwu won't be updating his Pixel devices to Android 12 and see the issue first-hand? You guys have filled this issue up with so much pointless chatter in the meantime instead of just waiting like I originally suggested back in May. ☹️🤦

Couldn't agree more.

Additionally, it IS the end of an era according to John...

Aside from farming out Magisk Hide work, the project should become
- More professional!
- It will incorporate better (regression) testing!:
Taking Things More Seriously

Although I always spent a lot of effort on Magisk, the project in my opinion is still more on the non-professional side. I would like to start taking things more seriously. Continuous integration is setup on GitHub recently, and I will start focusing on deeper integration with AVD to regression test changes before releases.
Also,
- It now has a plethora of talented contributors whose contributions have ensured vastly improved compatibliy, stability and fewer bugs already...

I can't imagine that will change anytime soon thanks to John's model:
Also, after open sourcing Magisk for so long, in the past year or so I finally start receiving a higher volume of serious external contribution to the core components of Magisk. These wonderful developers have helped find and fix many bugs in the Magisk code base, and also expanded compatibility with devices that I’ve never encountered before. The beauty of open source!
https://topjohnwu.medium.com/state-of-magisk-2021-fe29fdaee458

😀😃😄 👍 PW

pndwal

Reactions: duttyend and m0han

Top Liked Posts

Anyone seen Happy Momo before?

Hiding Zygisk may be possible! 😀 ...

View attachment 5472595

Translated:
    "The environment is normal, no changes to the environment have been found"

Seems Shamico may be the answer, but early days... (according to this user / dev: nu11ptr)

I know nothing about anime, Manga, demon-girl characters etc, and this may or may not be relavent:

https://machikado-mazoku.fandom.com/wiki/Momo_Chiyoda

Anyway, looks like a genuine POC FWIW.

🤪 😝 PW 😋

... So we now have proper hide-for-Zygisk test released to public!

It's Shamiko-v0.1.1-40-debug.zip

Translated;
    LSPosed:

Shamiko Preview

Simple hide based on zygisk.

Configure inheritance denylist. After installing Shamiko, configure denylist and close denylist, Shamiko will automatically take over and hide.

Theory supports Android 8.1+, but only tested on 11

You need to use the version of magisk after this pr: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/pull/5010

So need to wait for that PR to be merged, or build Magisk from
    https://github.com/LSPosed/Magisk/tree/xhookclear
    to try. PW
    Gotta be impressed with some of John's observations / mathematical mind (which we all apparently have... somewhere...).
    John Wu, Dec 3

US: 12022021
    Asia: 20211202
    EU: 02122021

Only for today, EU is wrong

Me, I didn't initially see it... Took the word 'palindrome' to kick-start my math's brain... 🤪

Bit late, but Happy No-Palindrome Day Europe!

Sorry if OT, but this has gotta be relavent to Magisk development... no? PW
    I've been following the thread for a long time now, and I think some users are still confused regarding the differences between the different variants of Magisk that are available for use. I'm going to try and summarize them here, which should be helpful for everyone:

Magisk Variant​
    Stable​
    Canary​
    Alpha​
    Custom​
    Release
    Official​
    Official​
    Unofficial​
    Unofficial​
    Maintainer
    topjohnwu​
    topjohnwu​
    vvb2060​
    TheHitMan7​
    Project Link
    Zygisk
    No​
    Yes​
    Yes​
    Yes​
    DenyList
    No​
    Yes​
    Yes​
    No​
    MagiskHide
    Yes​
    No​
    Yes*​
    Yes​
    Modules Repo
    Yes​
    No​
    No​
    Yes​
    Download Link

*If you turn off Zygisk in Alpha, then DenyList will act like MagiskHide. So essentially, you can have Zygisk On + DenyList or Zygisk Off + DenyList running as MagiskHide.

In case I've gotten something wrong, or can add more information, please let me know. :) Cheers!
    For those who use Alpha or new Canary and miss the old Modules Repo:

Download and install their root app that will act like the old Modules tab with the integrated connection to the Repo

Actually, two Repositories - the old 'official' one plus the alternative new Repo (the old/original TJW's Repo is closed for submission of any new modules - only the modules that were admitted previously could still be updated to the old 'official' Repo)
    Great guide, thanks... I think I followed a similar guide from you a while back, but forgot full path requirement... Pinged you as I thought you'd come through! 👍

I didn't say MagiskBoot was part of Magisk binary however... I clearly said 'magiskboot * binary * isn't working for me'. 😜 ...

Thanks for the method. PW
    This one might be a bit more confusing. ;)

Not sure I can operate Magiskboot before I flash it to the device. Once I flash Magisk, I have access to fastboot through recovery, and that's it.
    While catching up last night, I missed that you are not rooted. :oops:

---

Without root, you need a directory with heightened permissions that you can access.

You should be able to use the /data/local/tmp/ directory.

Unzip the Magisk apk file and push the appropriate architecture to the device.
    Then set the permissions to be executable.

Linux/Mac command line example.
    Make the appropriate changes if you use Windows.​
    • Unpack the lib directory from the Magisk apk file.
      unzip app-debug.apk lib*
    • Push the matching Magisk architecture to the device.
      adb push lib/YourDeviceArchitecture/* /data/local/tmp/
    • Push the boot image you want to modify to the device.
      adb push boot.img /data/local/tmp/
    • Set permissions.
      adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/tmp/*.so
    • Enter adb shell and change directories.
      adb shell
      cd /data/local/tmp/
    • Run the commands using the ./ prefix.
      ./libmagiskboot.so

Make the changes you want, exit the shell and pull the new-boot image to the computer.
    Reboot into bootloader and boot the new-boot image.

Note:
    /data/local/tmp/ should be an empty directory.
    You should clear the directory after you are done using it. ;)

Quick example just unpacking and repacking a boot image without root.
    Magiskboot Example - Pastebin - Link

Hope it helps more than confuse. 🙃

Cheers. :cowboy:
    Hi all. :D

I do not use twitter so, I am out of the loop at times. :confused:
    Links to a few tweets were noted in an issue on USNF github earlier today.

Seemed to be appropriate to mention here.

From John Wu.
    PSA: MagiskHide of Magisk v23.0 no longer passes SafetyNet, even with BASIC evalType. Tested on my Pixel 4 XL running stock Android 12 with vanilla Magisk v23.0.

MagiskHide is *officially* dead. If you need any kind of root hiding, it's the perfect time to find alternatives.
    There are already plenty of "root hiding" modules out there that I'm aware of, some even utilizing the latest features of Magisk canary.

I'm obligated to distance myself from any tamper detection circumvention, so I will not assist/promote any modules. Do your own research 🙃

From osm0sis
    *Cough* @kdrag0n's Universal SafetyNet Fix (USNF) *Cough* 😘
    To be specific, Magisk Canary, Zygisk and DenyList enabled, and USNF v2.2.0+ is the way forward. 🤘

Cheers all. :cowboy:
    Gents, as grateful I am for all above substantial contributions I hope you allow me to express my "wonder"... As you all know off-topic posts (unless violating forum rules) are only removed on request of the threadowner, I'm just surprised that extremely experienced and knowledgable XDA users allow this thread to deviate from its subject.
    Just as an idea for similar "occasions" in future, hadn't it been better to simply point somebody to the well known subject matter related ad blocker threads? Okay, unexperienced members should certainly question themselves why they post off-topic in a thread. After the initial serious problems with the in-XDA-search, I meanwhile must say it's working excellent for me.

And by the way: I've removed the link to paid applications as not being accepted on XDA. Please don't mind.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    This is the place for general support and discussion regarding "Public Releases", which includes both stable and beta releases.
    All information, including troubleshoot guides and notes, are in the Announcement Thread
    Hello, I haven't given much support on XDA lately. It can be resulted from
    • University started and I have limited free time. In fact, I mostly develop during midnight
    • I live in Taiwan, which has large time zone differences between my European/American contributors/testers, which usually forces me to stay up late at night to discuss/test stuffs.
    • The new version is about to come, I don't want to spend effort on supporting old releases
    The planned update is delayed again and again, to some point I think I'll shed some light about what has been happening lately, also along with some announcements.

New Forum!
    As you might have already discovered, Magisk got its own subforum on XDA! Many thanks to all the support you gave me, and much more information/features/support is about to come!
    **For developers supporting all the devices that are not using standard Android boot format, feel free to create threads in this section (actually, PLEASE do so) for your favorite devices after v7 is out. As I currently know, Asus devices require signing the boot image before flashing, and is model dependant; Sony devices seems to use ELF kernel that is unpatchable, or some has two ramdisks (inner + outer), both requires different workarounds; LG bootloader locked devices has to manually "BUMP" the boot image after flashing Magisk..... and there may be lots of other crazy boot image formats that haven't come up to my attention yet.
    It is impossible for me to support all these non-standard boot images, and I hope the community can collaborate to make Magisk running across all the devices. Overall, community collaboration is what XDA about :D

The Pixel Phone
    Some of you might already know this news, that the next Pixel Phone right around the corner seems like it does not have ramdisk in boot image, which pretty much wrecked Magisk in all ways. However, it pretty much doomed root itself too. Kernel modifications is inevitable IMO, so I'll try to migrate my scripts to C programs that could possibly be included into the kernel itself. Note that I'm not familiar with linux kernel, I'm not even sure if my idea and concept is correct or not. But once the device is available, I think developers will find a way to bypass all the difficulties, and I'll do my best to learn things ;)

Current Progress
    In the past month, I've spent quite some time learning SELinux, so that I can avoid using SuperSU's sepolicy patches. Thanks to the helps and tips from @phhusson and @Chainfire, I finally have a much clearer understanding of how SELinux works. The Magisk core parts (the scripts, boot image patches, new features, more supports) are actually done some time ago. What is causing all the delays is the Magisk Manager.
    To be completely honest, although I can code in Java without much issues, Magisk Manager is actually my first Android application, I had to reach out for assistance, and fortunately awesome developers like @DVDandroid and @digitalhigh contributed a lot, which makes the current Manager awesome.
    After the repo system and module management is mostly done, I was about to do some adjustments and release, but what we really done is decided to add another feature: auto-unroot with per-app settings. I decided to wait for it to be finished, and then do my adjustments. Due to reasons that'll be mentioned later, this feature will likely not be available for the next release (should come in future updates)

Safety Net Disaster
    Those who are using Magisk for Safety Net bypass purposes must have known that Google recently updated the detection method of my Systemless Xposed. I still have no idea what Safety Net is detecting, so currently I cannot fix it on my side (also because I'm busy working on the next update). However, suhide developed by @Chainfire is able to hide Xposed and worked fine.
    However, only my Systemless Xposed v86.2, which is based on SuperSU's su.d, is supported using that method. v86.2 and v86.5 (latest, Magisk based) have nearly identical binaries, and the only difference is the path where the binaries are stored.
    I'm still not sure what's the real issue for it not being supported, I just hope it is not done intentionally.

Conclusion
    Due to the fact that my Safety Net bypass is not 100% perfect now, I do not want to spend any more time waiting for auto-unroot to be polished. What I'm doing now is finishing up all the things I'd like to change in Magisk Manager (it has been a while since I last contributed to Manager, my fellow developers are doing all the heavy job), which might take a little more time, after that, packed with tons of information to be announced in Magisk Section, I'll release the long awaited update.

Hope this lengthy post gives you the idea of the whole situation, and again thanks for all your support!!
    Ah, some Chainfire bashing, I hope it is not too late for me to exercise additional villainy.

First, let me make clear I have nothing against @topjohnwu, nor against Magisk. Magisk is an interesting project and it certainly displays @topjohnwu ingenuity and persistence. I don't doubt we will see more interesting things from his hands.

-------------------------

What has happened here is not all that dark and complicated, from either end. I returned from holidays, and someone pointed me at Magisk. My first thought: interesting!

Among other things, the thread lists some issues with SuperSU, which in combination with the phrase The developer also requests users to not bug Chainfire with compatibility requests for SuperSU with Magisk from the portal article, raised my left eyebrow by nigh half an inch. The popular systemless xposed mod is apparently now based on it, and apparently it now no longer works with SuperSU, and apparently I'm not supposed to fix that, nor any of the other found issues. I found that a bit weird. So yes, I have told @topjohnwu that I was a bit surprised he was posting about issues with SuperSU without notifying me about them (I can't fix or help fix issues I'm not aware of, after all).

He's also spreading a modified version of the SuperSU package, which is not all that uncommon, nor necessarily a problem. I have not looked into what he modified, I only ran a few quick tests on one of my devices, and found some commonly used commands run as root to be broken. I have informed him of this as well.

It appears the tool of choice for Magisk is phh's Superuser, because of some of the mentioned issues with SuperSU. That's fine by itself, but fixing issues in that superuser by incorporating SuperSU's binaries into it is a somewhat questionable practise. After all, SuperSU is a commercial closed-source package that helps pay for my dinner, and superuser is a direct competitor. I have informed him that I was surprised he did this without asking for permission. I have expressed similar surprise on him spreading a modified version of LiveBoot (which helps pay for a snack now and then).
    @topjohnwu has also stated that Magisk's scripts are largely influenced by mine (I have not checked). Scripts based on mine are used all over the place on XDA, some people have crafted amazing things based on them, I have never made an issue of this (otherwise I would have just made them binaries). But yes, I have also stated to him that I don't think it's very nice to base something on one program, and then using that to (almost exclusively) push something directly competing with that program.

tl;dr Towards @topjohnwu, I have:
    - expressed surprise he has issues getting Magisk to work with SuperSU, and has chosen not to inform me about those
    - expressed surprise he is using SuperSU binaries in a competing superuser without permission
    - expressed surprise he is posting a modified LiveBoot without permission
    - informed him of issues with the modified SuperSU he has posted
    - let him know I thought it wasn't very nice to be applying my scripts to benefit seemingly exclusively that same competing superuser

To be crystal clear:
    - I have not asked for an apology
    - I have not asked for Magisk to be abandoned, neither the root hiding nor systemless module parts, and certainly not systemless xposed
    - I have not made an issue of any of this anywhere, until this post
    - I have not even specifically asked for anything to be taken down (though obviously in my opinion the other superuser package mixed with SuperSU's binaries, as well as the LiveBoot package, should go)
    - I have not reported this thread to XDA moderators for copyright violations or otherwise

While my conversation with @topjohnwu may not win any awards for being friendly (though it may win some for brevity), I think all things considered my response has been rather mild. To be perfectly honest, until the apology post, I thought this was over with already. I think the apology post was triggered because I haven't replied to his last PM for a while - I was in the zone, it happens.

To emphasize again, I have nothing against @topjohnwu, Magisk, or systemless xposed, and it is certainly not my goal to see any of them go. If it can be made to work together with SuperSU, great.

I get it though: you think of something, you want to see if you can make it work, you finally get it to work, you publish it, it takes off - enthusiasm gets the better of you. Maybe in the rush some mistakes are made. That doesn't mean you have to just drop it and run. None of my stuff would make it past 0.1 if I stopped at the first big mistake :)

Aside from said being in the zone coding, I usually regret actually responding to these sort of things the day after, which has made me hesitant to reply. Surprise me.
    Thread temporarily closed so everyone sees this.

The flood of "SafetyNet isn't working for me either!" posts are not helpful, at all. Please refrain from posting further, it will be looked into. Please do not forget that not passing SafetyNet is 100% NORMAL AND INTENDED when you have an unlocked booloader or running custom firmware. These are workarounds and they will be worked around in turn.

The Flash
    Forum Moderator

EDIT: Thread is reopened... I will be cleaning any SafetyNet posts for a while to keep the thread clean for real issues.
    Hello everyone!

I am aware that Google has updated Safety Net that makes Magisk itself a no go for Android Pay. In fact, I witnessed the change live while I am developing the new magiskhide, which should hide all Magisk modules and Magisk installed root.

Google is serious about Safety Net now, clearly hunting down all possibility to run Xposed with Safety Net passed. I spend quite some time examining the new security measures last midnight, and fortunately it seems that it is possible to run Magisk and root along with Safety Net if no Xposed is running. I'm glad I removed the old root toggle at the right time lol, that is no longer feasible with the latest detection.

So stay tuned for the next update, it will come with bug fixes, along with the new magiskhide to bypass that Safety Net.

Google, how will a few systemless mods do any harm :p:p