• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Magisk General Support / Discussion

Search This thread

culiacanazo

I have a galaxy s7e full stock when I install twrp on to phone and enter it to flash magisk do I need to wipe before hand? And what is a custom kernel and do I need one? Sorry for the noob
Too much of a device to be noobing around, I'd say... Take my word for it: get yourself a cheaper device and come back and mess with it

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Labs

klark1kent

I have an LGV10 running Eliminator's custom rom on Tmobile... I've found that no matter what I do I cannot remove SuperSU completely. I've tried from supersu app and also used the Unsu zip from Osmosis. I never flash the boot.img when I'm directed to do so in TWRP because I was under the impression they were referring to the boot.img provided in the rom that was already installing supersu during TWRP install. So my question is this, am I wrong in thinking the boot has anything to do with the custom rom obtaining su. Should I install the boot.img from the install zip for the custom rom or install the boot.img for stock in order to full remove Supersu and successfully use PHH superuser... I'm asking here because I've been unable to flash Magish 10.2 and my error is typically at the su portion of the flash in TWRP. I'm thinking if I just flash the boot.img and get rid of supersu altogether, i'd be able to successfully flash 10.2 and use PHH su. Thanks!

teddy0209

Feb 5, 2011
I have an LGV10 running Eliminator's custom rom on Tmobile... I've found that no matter what I do I cannot remove SuperSU completely. I've tried from supersu app and also used the Unsu zip from Osmosis. I never flash the boot.img when I'm directed to do so in TWRP because I was under the impression they were referring to the boot.img provided in the rom that was already installing supersu during TWRP install. So my question is this, am I wrong in thinking the boot has anything to do with the custom rom obtaining su. Should I install the boot.img from the install zip for the custom rom or install the boot.img for stock in order to full remove Supersu and successfully use PHH superuser... I'm asking here because I've been unable to flash Magish 10.2 and my error is typically at the su portion of the flash in TWRP. I'm thinking if I just flash the boot.img and get rid of supersu altogether, i'd be able to successfully flash 10.2 and use PHH su. Thanks!
I'm not sure if the rooting is related to the boot.img in your device, but you could try, as long as the rom is stock based. It would be better to ask from your rom dev about properly removing root.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: klark1kent

klark1kent

I'm not sure if the rooting is related to the boot.img in your device, but you could try, as long as the rom is stock based. It would be better to ask from your rom dev about properly removing root.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

If you only knew how difficult that thread is to navigate, magisk topics have been asked before but, I really can't put that thread into words other than saying that mods have been on it on several occasions. To his credit, he is performing great work. But it's lets just say an interesting thread.

What's weird is I found myself in a boot loop trying to work this out, and ended up pulling out of it... but in doing so needed to do magisk uninstaller and unsu zip. Well when I got the phone working again I had to use supersu, after I rebooted and everything I went into Magish and v10.2 installed first try... everything is working fine but I'm using chainfires tool and really don't get how/why the 10.2 upgrade would go through on supersu and not PHH. I'll prob uninstall supersu at some point and go back to PHH as I believe several modules require it but strange situation.

yochananmarqos

Recognized Contributor
After you unroot via SuperSU, flash the boot.img from your ROM ZIP then install Magisk. If that doesn't work then it's a ROM issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

Reactions: klark1kent

seb5049

Nov 28, 2015
Remove old root, install MagiskSU... You might need to reinstall Magisk and in that case MagiskSU will be installed automatically if you've removed the previous root method. Otherwise it's just a matter of flashing the Magisk superuser module.
So I uninstalled Magisk, flashed my stock boot image, then installed it again to get the correct phh superuser. However, my problem still remains.

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
So I uninstalled Magisk, flashed my stock boot image, then installed it again to get the correct phh superuser. However, my problem still remains.

Logs (Magisk log and recovery log from the installation are usually quite useful) and a screenshot of the status page from the Manager can be helpful as well.

Reactions: seb5049

seb5049

Nov 28, 2015
Logs (Magisk log and recovery log from the installation are usually quite useful) and a screenshot of the status page from the Manager can be helpful as well.
Attached are the Magisk log and status screen screenshot.

Attachments

• magisk_error_20170205_095933.log
    7.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20170205-095757.png
    Screenshot_20170205-095757.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Attached are the Magisk log and status screen screenshot.

Everything looks good.

Your original problem was that ticking the boxes for Hide wouldn't stick, right? That's been fixed now, I assume, and now you just want to pass SafetyNet.

Does Hide work otherwise, as in: can you hide root from an app not using SafetyNet. A root checker, for example. If that works, you'll just have to go through the usual suspects that trigger SN. Here are some tips:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70426733&postcount=7120

seb5049

Nov 28, 2015
Everything looks good.

Your original problem was that ticking the boxes for Hide wouldn't stick, right? That's been fixed now, I assume, and now you just want to pass SafetyNet.

Does Hide work otherwise, as in: can you hide root from an app not using SafetyNet. A root checker, for example. If that works, you'll just have to go through the usual suspects that trigger SN. Here are some tips:

Unfortunately, the ticking boxes problem is still there. I'm not really interested in bypassing Safetynet - I just want to be able to play games like Fire Emblem Heroes which block you out after a while if you're rooted.

Ikzy

Apr 3, 2016
Xperia X Compact (F5321) on Nougat 7.0 with Genesis Kernel 1.03
When I power off my device it will not boot up again. Reboots do work and a volume up + power reset will boot up just fine.
Unfortunately there is no last_magisk.log probably because the power off won't finish. I checked regular magisk.log with no errors.

Any other logs I can provide to troubleshoot this, or any fixes?

Didgeridoohan

Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Unfortunately, the ticking boxes problem is still there. I'm not really interested in bypassing Safetynet - I just want to be able to play games like Fire Emblem Heroes which block you out after a while if you're rooted.

Ok. You've got some other issue then. I never caught what device and ROM you're using.

speakeasy1

Dec 18, 2008
IIRC Nitrogen comes with superuser built-in. Did you remove that before installing Magisk? If not that's a good place to start. I even believe they provide you with an unsu script.

Remove old root, install MagiskSU... You might need to reinstall Magisk and in that case MagiskSU will be installed automatically if you've removed the previous root method. Otherwise it's just a matter of flashing the Magisk superuser module.

Your boot image isn't compatible.

I seem to recall you need to "bump" LG devices. Have you done that? Of course, my memory might have failed me like it usually does...
I have did not unroot. Clean I stall. It just stopped working. I am trying to pass to see if pogo will work again. Are there any steps that may help

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers Legacy app

sscsps

Nov 17, 2013
delhi
I have a Xiaomi Mi4. Latest Global Stable. Installed Magisk Manager. Saftey Net check passed (other ones are red of course). Flashed TWRP, rebooted and checked again. Test still passed.

Booted into TWRP and flashed that Magisk-10.2.zip, Rebooted and SafteyNet Failed.

What did I do wrong? Will Unmagisk repair my keys? How can I root my device without breaking possible future apps...?

Did you found the solution? I had a similar issue with my LeTV Le1S Eco, I fixed it with these steps:
1. Full unroot from SuperSU(if you have it)
2. Reboot to system
3. Reboot to recovery
4. Flash magisk uninstaller
5. Flash magisk installer
6. Reboot to system
7. Install phh's superuser from play store
8. Reboot to system (now phh's superuser should takeover)

and that's it, safetynet passes now!

Didgeridoohan

Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I have did not unroot. Clean I stall. It just stopped working. I am trying to pass to see if pogo will work again. Are there any steps that may help

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers Legacy app

-Uninstall Magisk
-Use the unsu zip from the Nitrogen thread
-Install Magisk
-Activate Magisk Hide
-Reboot

If it doesn't work, your system has something triggering SafetyNet. Here are some tips:

Top Liked Posts

Just keeping you on your toes. :p
    I corrected my ytpo.🙃

Google normally refers to changes in Android level by API.
    source.android - WebSite - Link

SDK is Software Development Kit.
    NDK is Native Development Kit.
    Equal to the API level they use.​
    developer.android - WebSite - Link
    Android 12 = API 31, NDK 31 and SDK 31.

Cheers. :cowboy:
    Lit of bysdexia never hurts!

Ah, yes - I'm an amateur sleuth, and was recalling vvb2060 / TJW bumps: 'Add new targetSdk domain' and 'Target SDK 31'. (I got fixated on 31 also 🤪)...

I see vvb2060 changelogs do say '[App] Suitable for Android 12 API level'

Interesting that newer Rootbeer fixed app detection for Android 11+, but if you check @zgfg's screenshot, he is already using 'Rootbeer Sample'.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/post-85817131

I can now confirm I get exactly the same results (I've just tried Rootbeer Sample; never tried Rootbeer before) on Android 11 device (Mi Pad 4, LOS 18.1, TJW Magisk 23001):

'No Root Management Apps' are detected w/ Magisk App NOT hidden, whether Rootbeer Sample is added to hidelist or not! (Root Management Apps are detected on Android 10 device (RN8T) unless Magisk App is hidden.)

My result w/ Rootbeer Sample in hidelist:

Screenshot_20211023-151040_RootBeer_Sample.png

So it still seems changes in Android API Level 30 are exactly as I indicated!

These are summarised well by Momo home-screen comments (vvb2060, Rikka) I cited:
    "Google Play requires all apps updated after Nov 2021 to adapt Android 11, apps will not able to acquire the app list." and "Detecting installed apps has no practical meaning."

Lesson for all on Android 11+:

*** There is NO real point using 'Hide the Magisk app' function post Android 10 !!! ***

This is because apps are prohibited from acquiring app list to detect installed apps anyway!

Please say if I'm missing something. 😬

🤠 PW
    It cant run any Google Services or any apps that reply on them...personally i dont see the point in Android on Windows
    Perhaps it's just the drool factor. 😜...

But I used to live in the same town as Sir Edmund Hillary, and what did he do?

Spoiler:
    „˙ǝɹǝɥʇ sɐʍ ʇı ǝsnɐɔǝq„ - ¿ʎɥM
    ¡ƃuıɥʇ ǝɥʇ pǝqɯıןɔ puɐ 'uıɐʇunoɯ ǝɥʇ oʇ ʇuǝʍ ɥʇoq ǝɥ ˙˙˙ ,ʇuıod ǝɥʇ ǝǝs ʇ,uop I, pıɐs ɹǝʌǝu ǝH

I can't really see the point of Magisk here either (except for some modules?), but I'll watch the proceedings for sure ... as long as top Magisk / XPosed / Riru Devs are excited about it, why not? (Some watch cricket!) 😃

What do I know... Perhaps they can add GMS / get GApps going! 🤪

Perhaps Google will even add Windows compatibility if this thing flies! ...

Or perhaps pigs might... 🙃 😁 😐

... Until then, Windows users will at least be instantly able to run a plethora of favourite Android apps on their PC's it seems. - That's gotta be Value Added functionality for many users and a selling point for MS! 🙂 PW

{Mod edit: ISPOILER added to upside-down text - Oswald Boelcke, Moderator}

My Edit: Thanks @Oswald Boelcke - good tip! 😛
    1. what do you mean with app hidden?
    2. about other options - i don't see any solution... just mentions, but again, i do have root , just that i get N/A and i can't install modules (which is annoying...)
    It means Hide Magisk app (option in the Magisk app settings).
    In that case you had renamed Magisk app to something else, 'hidden' name like zyWdPSqr app or whatever - you have to find it under your name in Settings/Apps or Apps drawer and uninstall it

That is the most common case when people claim: I have root but my new Magisk app shows Magisk N/A.
    And that case has been asked/discussed/answered/instructed tens (add one more 0) of times already in this thread:)
    1. there was a setting hide magisk which was ticked, but i didn't rename the app. just tick it.
    2. right now i can't access the settings of magisk, and i don't really know how to start searching for the app , to add the fact that android 12 app drawer is quite weird..
    3. do you have other suggestions? will full format solve this?
    Hide Magisk is one thing (neccessary for SafetyNet) and Hide Magisk app (in the old times: Hide Magisk Manager) the other thing (needed to hide the app/mngr from some banking and similar apps)

Both these options are present in the Magisk app (former manager), they sound similar, and unfortunately many users do not distinguish Magisk itself (kind of 'service') from the app (kind of: user interface) - therefore not distinguishing hiding one from the other

When taking Hide Magisk app, then you don't only rename the app (you can even leave the original name) but (even if you leave the original name) the app will be obfuscated by renaming its package name.
    Therefore, after that it cannot be found anymore under the package name com.topjohnwu.magisk.
    In fact, new package name will be randomly generated (therefore there is no rule or default package name to help finding it)

You say that you have root. Instead of formatting, use some root explorer (fortunately you used it earlier and granted it root previously) and go to /data and delete adb folder (/data/adb).
    Same can be done also from TWRP

However, try first again to find and uninstall (supposidely hidden) Magisk app (or manager if you previously had an older version of Magisk). In those old times default name for renaming/hiding was something like Manager and it used to have some uggly (Android default) icon
    1. there was a setting hide magisk which was ticked, but i didn't rename the app. just tick it.
    2. right now i can't access the settings of magisk, and i don't really know how to start searching for the app , to add the fact that android 12 app drawer is quite weird..
    3. do you have other suggestions? will full format solve this?
    If you mean you did select 'Hide the Magisk app' but you didn't select a customised name, default obfuscated app name is usually simply 'Settings'...

Be careful, but you need to uninstall that.

You should be able to find it in device settings, Apps. Nb. It is often difficult to locate elsewhere. PW
    Latest Alpha Magisk cb4361b7-alpha

*** For Mavericks only! ***

Riru / Zygisk coexistence seems to be back!
    🎉🎊⚡🥝🧀

Chinese Translated:
    alpha update log
    Magisk (cb4361b7-alpha)

● [General] Based on cb4361 b7, the content that has been merged upstream is no longer listed
    ● [App] Correctly process any data from magiskd
    ● [App] Support SharedUserld
    ● [App] Delete the backup file after restoring the boot image
    ● [App] Built-in current version update log
    ● [App] Use the local version when the stub cannot be downloaded, now it can be used completely offline
    ● [App] Switch to the modern time API of Java 8
    ● [DenyList] handle suspicious props
    ● [App] Update SafetyNet extension, update snet.jar version to 18
    ● [General] Add an obsolete cgroup v2 path
    ● [Sepolicy] Add execmem to allow zygote and system_server Hook
    ● [MagiskSU] If necessary, fall back to /dev/pts
    ● [Zygisk] Fix Circumstances that may not take effect
    ● [Busybox] Cancel optimization based on undefined behavior
    ● [General] No longer automatically unlock the device block
    ● [Zygisk] From the current situation, there is no crash report to prove zygisk and riru
    Incompatible, temporarily cancel the restriction, observe the situation

Upstream update log
    From 23.0 to cb4361b7

● [General] supports pure 64-bit devices
    ● [General] Support Android 12 emulator
    ● [Zygisk] Code Injection Framework
    ● [General] Remove MagiskHide
    ● [General] Support special simulator loading module
    ● [MagiskBoot] Support zImage format
    ● [MagiskBoot] Add zopfli encoder
    ● [Magisklnit] Support bootconfig
    ● [App] Repair installation function will now check the script under /data/adb/magisk/ is not updated
    ● [MagiskInit] Support some Meizu devices
    ● [MagiskSU] If the kernel supports it, use isolated devpts
    ● [MagiskSU] Fix the pts configuration code, now no extra sepolicy rules
    ●[MagiskBoot] Support v4 boot image header format
    ● [MagiskInit] Support opltus.fstab for some OnePlus and Opal devices
    ● [App] Update modules to be restarted, not allowed to be marked as pending deletion
    ● [App] Delete online warehouse
    ● [App] Add mounting information to the saved log file
    ● [App] Adapt to Android 12 API level
    ● [App] Display the waiting pop-up window when the app is hidden/restored
    ● [Stub] Open source obfuscation function
    ● [Script] Check and display the sepolicy rule folder of the module
    ● [App] Hide screen overlay for pop-up window, Android 12+ is required
    ● [App] Delete the floating bottom bar and change it to the general bottom operation bar
    ● [General] Support special compilation cache
    ● [General] Add rejection list function
    ● [App]Delete DOH
    ● [App]Delete SafetyNet
    ● [App] Allow the log page to be opened when Magisk is not installed
    ● [App] Display Zygisk status, add restart reminder
    ● [Zygisk] Correctly handle child zygote
    ● [Zygisk] Disable conflicting riru modules
    ● [Sepolicy] Fix Android 8 terminal cannot get root

👍 PW
    diareuse has been MIA for a bit. Pinged him a couple times on the GitHub Issues, but no answer. Hopefully he's okay. 😕

Mmm. Nothing on his Twitter since February... That's concerning.

Yeah and in a week it'll be 1 full year since his last commit to Magisk too. 😕

Good news is diareuse just reached out and is indeed alive and well, just working on multiple paying jobs in real life. 🙂
    Hey all,
    As promised, I wrote up a step-by-step tutorial for the Pixel 5a (though it applies to about all the Pixels, much of it I used on my Pixel 2 over the past 4+ years):

I know it's a book, but I wanted to make sure I put it in everyday language and tried to make it so even a first timer could go through it and feel confident moving forward and getting root, passing SafetyNet, and update with system updates in the future with confidence.

Anyhow, it's my attempt to give something back to the community I've gained so much from and leaned on so many times for help. If it helps even one person I'll be happy.

Thanks again to the entire community, and particularly the folks who have been here helping tirelessly and without reserve to get everyone up and going. You all know who you are and I gave proper name attribution in the tutorial thread. I'm exhausted, so I'm gonna go grab some dinner, that took hours to write! hahahahaah!!

Be well everyone, SO happy my P5a is fully functioning, you folks are just amazing.

hfam
    cb4361b7-alpha report:
    w/ RN8T, Stock MIUI, Android 10

Two reboots needed initially.

Zygisk & Riru w/ Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.1.1, LSPosed, Un-Share all working fine.

SafetyNet passing w/ SafetyNet Google Play Services process denied.

ViPER4Android FX Neon driver status normal.

With Zygisk enabled Riru-MomoHider causes instability / system crashes even when only app_zygote_magic hiding is configured. 😕

Great progress! 👍 PW
    Some have been waiting..
    Some have been using vvb2060's alpha builds..

I have been sneaking a peak by running personal builds from John's master branch. :sneaky:
    Magisk - GitHub - Building and Development - Link

A few days ago (23.Sep.2021), I was surprised when my OnePlus 6T passed SafetyNet. o_O
    It has been about three or four weeks since it passed SafetyNet.

Problems I have run into..
    Every now and then, something misfires on boot and Magisk is not active (Installed N/A).
    Normally a reboot is all that is needed, occasionally I have to re-install magisk.

I ran into an old issue on my 6T (clean install) installing Magisk.
    I had to flash a magisk patched image to both the active and inactive boot slot.
    Need to test again with another clean install.​

Currently I have a few devices running these (sneak peak) build(s) and passing SafetyNet.

OnePlus 5T
    Older device, does not have the hardware for hardware attestation.
    • Stock OnePlus OS 10.0.1 (SDK29)
    • Magisk (snapshot build)
    • MagiskHidePropsConf (Magisk Module)
      • Enable Zygisk
      • Enable DenyList
      • add com.google.android.gms.unstable to the DenyList.
        Magisk is in /sbin so only needed to Deny .unstable
      • Enable the MagiskHide props. option in the MagiskHidePropsConf module.
    Reboot in between steps as needed.

OnePlus 6T
    • Stock OnePlus OS 11.0.0 (SDK30)
    • Universal SafetyNet Fix (Magisk Module)
      • Enable Zygisk
      • Enable DenyList
      • add com.google.android.gms to the DenyList.

Pixel 3a
    Custom rom that passes SafetyNet on it own.
    Installing Magisk breaks SafetyNet.

• ABC Rom 11 (SDK30)
      • Enable Zygisk
      • Enable DenyList
      • add com.google.android.gms to the DenyList.

Earlier today, I setup an update channel so I could test a few more things.
    • Install update from online.
    • Repack (Hide/Restore) the Magisk app.
    All worked. :)
    Note:
    I will have to wait until the next commit(s) to see if I can update while the Magisk app is hidden. 🙃

---

So far The next step of growth and development of Magisk is looking great. :)

I am excited and eagerly waiting for the next canary build for proper testing. :D

Cheers all. :cowboy:

PS.
    Some screenshots from my 6T. ;)

Edit (5.Oct.2021):
    Please see my follow up post.
    Post 48,294 - Link
    Completely factual post, must be impersonal machine, just facts. Must not smile, must not
    emote.
    Come on mate... That's not what it's about. It's the page after page of off-topic social media/Telegram style posting, that clutters the thread so much that discussions about actual Magisk stuff gets even harder to find (in this impossible to search mammoth of a thread), that is the problem.

I'll keep an eye on things (since I pretty much live in the Magisk forum anyway) and let you guys know if it starts getting out of hand.

Nice try at satire though... It baited me hook line and sinker. :ROFLMAO:
    This is the place for general support and discussion regarding "Public Releases", which includes both stable and beta releases.
    All information, including troubleshoot guides and notes, are in the Announcement Thread
    Hello, I haven't given much support on XDA lately. It can be resulted from
    • University started and I have limited free time. In fact, I mostly develop during midnight
    • I live in Taiwan, which has large time zone differences between my European/American contributors/testers, which usually forces me to stay up late at night to discuss/test stuffs.
    • The new version is about to come, I don't want to spend effort on supporting old releases
    The planned update is delayed again and again, to some point I think I'll shed some light about what has been happening lately, also along with some announcements.

New Forum!
    As you might have already discovered, Magisk got its own subforum on XDA! Many thanks to all the support you gave me, and much more information/features/support is about to come!
    **For developers supporting all the devices that are not using standard Android boot format, feel free to create threads in this section (actually, PLEASE do so) for your favorite devices after v7 is out. As I currently know, Asus devices require signing the boot image before flashing, and is model dependant; Sony devices seems to use ELF kernel that is unpatchable, or some has two ramdisks (inner + outer), both requires different workarounds; LG bootloader locked devices has to manually "BUMP" the boot image after flashing Magisk..... and there may be lots of other crazy boot image formats that haven't come up to my attention yet.
    It is impossible for me to support all these non-standard boot images, and I hope the community can collaborate to make Magisk running across all the devices. Overall, community collaboration is what XDA about :D

The Pixel Phone
    Some of you might already know this news, that the next Pixel Phone right around the corner seems like it does not have ramdisk in boot image, which pretty much wrecked Magisk in all ways. However, it pretty much doomed root itself too. Kernel modifications is inevitable IMO, so I'll try to migrate my scripts to C programs that could possibly be included into the kernel itself. Note that I'm not familiar with linux kernel, I'm not even sure if my idea and concept is correct or not. But once the device is available, I think developers will find a way to bypass all the difficulties, and I'll do my best to learn things ;)

Current Progress
    In the past month, I've spent quite some time learning SELinux, so that I can avoid using SuperSU's sepolicy patches. Thanks to the helps and tips from @phhusson and @Chainfire, I finally have a much clearer understanding of how SELinux works. The Magisk core parts (the scripts, boot image patches, new features, more supports) are actually done some time ago. What is causing all the delays is the Magisk Manager.
    To be completely honest, although I can code in Java without much issues, Magisk Manager is actually my first Android application, I had to reach out for assistance, and fortunately awesome developers like @DVDandroid and @digitalhigh contributed a lot, which makes the current Manager awesome.
    After the repo system and module management is mostly done, I was about to do some adjustments and release, but what we really done is decided to add another feature: auto-unroot with per-app settings. I decided to wait for it to be finished, and then do my adjustments. Due to reasons that'll be mentioned later, this feature will likely not be available for the next release (should come in future updates)

Safety Net Disaster
    Those who are using Magisk for Safety Net bypass purposes must have known that Google recently updated the detection method of my Systemless Xposed. I still have no idea what Safety Net is detecting, so currently I cannot fix it on my side (also because I'm busy working on the next update). However, suhide developed by @Chainfire is able to hide Xposed and worked fine.
    However, only my Systemless Xposed v86.2, which is based on SuperSU's su.d, is supported using that method. v86.2 and v86.5 (latest, Magisk based) have nearly identical binaries, and the only difference is the path where the binaries are stored.
    I'm still not sure what's the real issue for it not being supported, I just hope it is not done intentionally.

Conclusion
    Due to the fact that my Safety Net bypass is not 100% perfect now, I do not want to spend any more time waiting for auto-unroot to be polished. What I'm doing now is finishing up all the things I'd like to change in Magisk Manager (it has been a while since I last contributed to Manager, my fellow developers are doing all the heavy job), which might take a little more time, after that, packed with tons of information to be announced in Magisk Section, I'll release the long awaited update.

Hope this lengthy post gives you the idea of the whole situation, and again thanks for all your support!!
    Ah, some Chainfire bashing, I hope it is not too late for me to exercise additional villainy.

First, let me make clear I have nothing against @topjohnwu, nor against Magisk. Magisk is an interesting project and it certainly displays @topjohnwu ingenuity and persistence. I don't doubt we will see more interesting things from his hands.

-------------------------

What has happened here is not all that dark and complicated, from either end. I returned from holidays, and someone pointed me at Magisk. My first thought: interesting!

Among other things, the thread lists some issues with SuperSU, which in combination with the phrase The developer also requests users to not bug Chainfire with compatibility requests for SuperSU with Magisk from the portal article, raised my left eyebrow by nigh half an inch. The popular systemless xposed mod is apparently now based on it, and apparently it now no longer works with SuperSU, and apparently I'm not supposed to fix that, nor any of the other found issues. I found that a bit weird. So yes, I have told @topjohnwu that I was a bit surprised he was posting about issues with SuperSU without notifying me about them (I can't fix or help fix issues I'm not aware of, after all).

He's also spreading a modified version of the SuperSU package, which is not all that uncommon, nor necessarily a problem. I have not looked into what he modified, I only ran a few quick tests on one of my devices, and found some commonly used commands run as root to be broken. I have informed him of this as well.

It appears the tool of choice for Magisk is phh's Superuser, because of some of the mentioned issues with SuperSU. That's fine by itself, but fixing issues in that superuser by incorporating SuperSU's binaries into it is a somewhat questionable practise. After all, SuperSU is a commercial closed-source package that helps pay for my dinner, and superuser is a direct competitor. I have informed him that I was surprised he did this without asking for permission. I have expressed similar surprise on him spreading a modified version of LiveBoot (which helps pay for a snack now and then).
    @topjohnwu has also stated that Magisk's scripts are largely influenced by mine (I have not checked). Scripts based on mine are used all over the place on XDA, some people have crafted amazing things based on them, I have never made an issue of this (otherwise I would have just made them binaries). But yes, I have also stated to him that I don't think it's very nice to base something on one program, and then using that to (almost exclusively) push something directly competing with that program.

tl;dr Towards @topjohnwu, I have:
    - expressed surprise he has issues getting Magisk to work with SuperSU, and has chosen not to inform me about those
    - expressed surprise he is using SuperSU binaries in a competing superuser without permission
    - expressed surprise he is posting a modified LiveBoot without permission
    - informed him of issues with the modified SuperSU he has posted
    - let him know I thought it wasn't very nice to be applying my scripts to benefit seemingly exclusively that same competing superuser

To be crystal clear:
    - I have not asked for an apology
    - I have not asked for Magisk to be abandoned, neither the root hiding nor systemless module parts, and certainly not systemless xposed
    - I have not made an issue of any of this anywhere, until this post
    - I have not even specifically asked for anything to be taken down (though obviously in my opinion the other superuser package mixed with SuperSU's binaries, as well as the LiveBoot package, should go)
    - I have not reported this thread to XDA moderators for copyright violations or otherwise

While my conversation with @topjohnwu may not win any awards for being friendly (though it may win some for brevity), I think all things considered my response has been rather mild. To be perfectly honest, until the apology post, I thought this was over with already. I think the apology post was triggered because I haven't replied to his last PM for a while - I was in the zone, it happens.

To emphasize again, I have nothing against @topjohnwu, Magisk, or systemless xposed, and it is certainly not my goal to see any of them go. If it can be made to work together with SuperSU, great.

I get it though: you think of something, you want to see if you can make it work, you finally get it to work, you publish it, it takes off - enthusiasm gets the better of you. Maybe in the rush some mistakes are made. That doesn't mean you have to just drop it and run. None of my stuff would make it past 0.1 if I stopped at the first big mistake :)

Aside from said being in the zone coding, I usually regret actually responding to these sort of things the day after, which has made me hesitant to reply. Surprise me.
    Thread temporarily closed so everyone sees this.

The flood of "SafetyNet isn't working for me either!" posts are not helpful, at all. Please refrain from posting further, it will be looked into. Please do not forget that not passing SafetyNet is 100% NORMAL AND INTENDED when you have an unlocked booloader or running custom firmware. These are workarounds and they will be worked around in turn.

The Flash
    Forum Moderator

EDIT: Thread is reopened... I will be cleaning any SafetyNet posts for a while to keep the thread clean for real issues.
    Hello everyone!

I am aware that Google has updated Safety Net that makes Magisk itself a no go for Android Pay. In fact, I witnessed the change live while I am developing the new magiskhide, which should hide all Magisk modules and Magisk installed root.

Google is serious about Safety Net now, clearly hunting down all possibility to run Xposed with Safety Net passed. I spend quite some time examining the new security measures last midnight, and fortunately it seems that it is possible to run Magisk and root along with Safety Net if no Xposed is running. I'm glad I removed the old root toggle at the right time lol, that is no longer feasible with the latest detection.

So stay tuned for the next update, it will come with bug fixes, along with the new magiskhide to bypass that Safety Net.

Google, how will a few systemless mods do any harm :p:p