Magisk General Support / Discussion

Search This thread

mermaidkiller

Jul 25, 2011
I use Termux. Sometimes I need a root shell, so I granted root permanently to Termux, so I can use 'sudo bash' in Termux. But, as there is no password prompt, this is actually a security flaw. So I wanted to revoke root access and grant root access only on demand, when I really need it.

Revocation succeeded, but I can only grant root access permanently and not temporarily. The latter only happens when I grant root access to an app for the very first time.

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I use Termux. Sometimes I need a root shell, so I granted root permanently to Termux, so I can use 'sudo bash' in Termux. But, as there is no password prompt, this is actually a security flaw. So I wanted to revoke root access and grant root access only on demand, when I really need it.

Revocation succeeded, but I can only grant root access permanently and not temporarily. The latter only happens when I grant root access to an app for the very first time.
Where does your "sudo" command come from?

I use Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator. When I installed Magisk, I got an "su", but no "sudo". I defined an alias sudo='su -c' that works most of the time.

I told you all this so I could tell you: when I use "su", there's a pop-up asking me to grant permission. I always OK 10 minutes. I don't remember choosing my Superuser manager.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6

Can't reproduce. If I revoke superuser access for Termux and then run su I can pick "forever", "once" or one of the set time periods.

pndwal

mermaidkiller

Jul 25, 2011
Can't reproduce. If I revoke superuser access for Termux and then run su I can pick "forever", "once" or one of the set time periods.
Now it worked:
Rather than turning off the switch on the right (which I did), I click long on 'Termux and click on 'Revoke' (on the right). Then it asks me for confirmation.
When I subsequently do a 'su' from Termux, the grant access prompt indeed appears.
So now it works.

Reactions: ipdev and J.Michael

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

Where does your "sudo" command come from?

I use Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator. When I installed Magisk, I got an "su", but no "sudo". I defined an alias sudo='su -c' that works most of the time.

I told you all this so I could tell you: when I use "su", there's a pop-up asking me to grant permission. I always OK 10 minutes. I don't remember choosing my Superuser manager.
Just a guess as I never use Termux. I to use a standard android shell. And sudo is not supported. Its su in an android shell.

As for asking for a password, thats how linux works NOT android. This is android. If anything whatever termux is, thats what would need to wrap a password request. But again, this is android NOT linux.

Last edited:

73sydney

Account currently disabled
@pndwal

I haz made my first Magisk related issue, lets see how quickly it gets closed :) :)

Born out of testing 4 ROMS this week is this "issue" was driving me nuts

https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/4333

Its not entirely out of bone idle laziness, but having to switch back after each module install was starting to get on my nerves :)

I dont hover around github enough to know if its been mentioned before

Reactions: pndwal and ipdev

pndwal

@pndwal

I haz made my first Magisk related issue, lets see how quickly it gets closed :) :)

Born out of testing 4 ROMS this week is this "issue" was driving me nuts

https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/4333

Its not entirely out of bone idle laziness, but having to switch back after each module install was starting to get on my nerves :)

I dont hover around github enough to know if its been mentioned before
Was about to say I think It'll be considered, but see it's more than that already. 👍

Re. idle laziness, I agree with John that Open Source is great!
John Wu, ?

I love the fact that despite being lazy, haven't worked on Magisk for almost a week, quite a few people start creating PRs to fix some regressions, burning down a lot of issues

Gotta say,
Open source sure is quite a nice thing! Maybe I should be lazy more often in the future /jk 😛
Could be no coincidence that Chris is on it though; what's with you compulsive testers / gluttons for punishment? 😜 PW

https://qablog.practitest.com/should-all-testers-have-ocd/ PW

Last edited:

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
<SNIP>
Could be no coincidence that Chris is on it though; what's with you compulsive testers / gluttons for punishment? 😜 PW

It is just good testing. ;)
Does it work.
  • No - Try to fix it.
  • Yes - Find a way to break it.

The next step is figuring out why it doesn't work on one device when it works on the rest.
This is the difficult step.

Cheers. :cowboy:

pndwal

It is just good testing. ;)
Does it work.
  • No - Try to fix it.
  • Yes - Find a way to break it.

The next step is figuring out why it doesn't work on one device when it works on the rest.
This is the difficult step.

Cheers. :cowboy:
Quite.

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I said that, but fully appreciate testing efforts / methods / benefits to all of us, yours included!

FWIW, I don't think it's bone idleness or lazy to work for an easier testing setup either. After all, John happily accepted @vvb2060's Auto close issues bot. 😬

... But then, he IS lazy... Said so himself! 😜

Incidentally, I hope I speak for most of us here in saying that we do this largely to entertain ourselves (for fun). Of course, offering help to one another and educating ourselves is the main aim, but I hope we can have a bit of fun in these forums from time to time without being taken too seriously...

I make this comment after just having had a post w/ link to Monty Python's original 'I don't like Spam' sketch (along with others that inspired Python programming code) removed from 'Spam Users' thread. This, to me, is a real irony. 🙃 PW

Last edited:
Reactions: 73sydney and ipdev

pndwal

I don't like SPAM!

I still haven't figured out why some of the Python's bad sketches became so popular.

:unsure:
But you HAVE figured it out. It's precisely BECAUSE they're so bad!... And nerds / geeks do still have a sense of humour (of sorts 😉), at least when they take a break. 😁

But what would I know? I have a real job 😜 n just do this for kicks... Better ask likes of Guido van Rossum...

My response in that thread has survived till now, and was appreciated by one XDA mod with a sense of humour / history. (He liked the original sketch links in less than 30 secs, and commented they are 'finally, some worthwhile spam', but his posts were expunged also). Something there may give a clue:
https://xdaforums.com/t/spam-users.306366/post-84980987

EDIT: Too late: Other mod removed it. 🙁
Thread:
https://xdaforums.com/t/spam-users.306366/

My post was a bit too dry. :p

Sometimes I just need to remember to look on the bright side of life. ;)
ALWAYS!
PS.
Sorry all for the OT.
Re. OT: As the man with the wooden leg said, it's a matter of a pinion.

Eg. ONLY Download official Magisk from JOHN Wu's official GitHub! There are some 3300 other Magisk forks on GitHub alone. Some of these are DIRTY!

Surely, the need to beware of a Dirty Fork is very much ON Topic! ... Here's a subtle reminder:
😜 PW

Last edited:
Reactions: 73sydney

pndwal

Latest Debug (Canary)
Changelog and Release Notes:

Magisk (6b34ec3a) (22105)​

• [MagiskHide] Some changes that prevents zygote deadlock
  • [General] Update BusyBox to use proper libc
  • [App] Fix issues when patching ODIN tar files when the app is hidden

Diffs to v22.1​

• [App] Update snet extension. This fixes SafetyNet API errors.
  • [App] Fix a bug in the stub app that causes APK installation to fail
  • [App] Hide annoying errors in logs when hidden as stub
  • [App] Fix issues when patching ODIN tar files when the app is hidden
  • [General] Remove all pre Android 5.0 support
  • [General] Update BusyBox to use proper libc
  • [MagiskPolicy] Remove unnecessary sepolicy rules
  • [General] Fix a C++ bug that causes undefined behavior
  • [MagiskHide] Update package and process name validation logic
  • [MagiskHide] Some changes that prevents zygote deadlock
https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk-files/tree/9d8ae9c501f3975a9a548a5d2dff440d9ce9b8a2

Don't you just love Mondays!

Flashed fine on RN8T, SafetyNet, modules fine incl. Viper!

Nb. Fix for image patching on Samsung devices.

Thanks to John and colaborators! 👍 PW

Last edited:

73sydney

Account currently disabled
Was about to say I think It'll be considered, but see it's more than that already. 👍

Re. idle laziness, I agree with John that Open Source is great!

Awww, i expected some sort of witty comeback after which id have to remind you that i "know where you get your coffee in the morning" :)

But no....

So disappointed :)

And yes, it was nice to have my issue greenlit by @osm0sis, its amazing what you can get through the gatekeepers ...all it takes apparently is a cogent argument or report....who knew? :)

JustinChase

Jan 31, 2007
I think I remember seeing something a while back that Magisk manager merged with the App, but I still have both when I open Magisk. This is fine, but whenever I update the App, the Manager immediately shows an update to the same version, so I think maybe they are both not necessary any more.

Also, whenever Magisk tells me (via notification) there is an update, when I click download, it does, but the resultant file gives an error when I click on it, so I have to update from within the App itself.

Is there anything I should do at this point to consolidate, or is this just how it works now.

thanks for the help/guidance

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I think I remember seeing something a while back that Magisk manager merged with the App, but I still have both when I open Magisk. This is fine, but whenever I update the App, the Manager immediately shows an update to the same version, so I think maybe they are both not necessary any more.

Also, whenever Magisk tells me (via notification) there is an update, when I click download, it does, but the resultant file gives an error when I click on it, so I have to update from within the App itself.

Is there anything I should do at this point to consolidate, or is this just how it works now.

I am having trouble understanding what you are reporting.

There used to be an .apk file used to install Magisk Manager on a device. It was just an Android app. There was also a .zip that could be flashed using TWRP to inject Magisk into various parts (partitions) of your system. And a .zip that could be flashed using TWRP to undo the changes to the partitions.

The "merger" was of these files: Now you download a magisk.apk. Use it in Android, and it installs the Magisk Manager app. Rename it to .zip and you can use it in TWRP to install Magisk. Further rename it to "uninstall.zip" and you can use it in TWRP to uninstall Magisk (the real guts of Magisk, not the Magisk Manager app -- that's just an Android app, you uninstall it like any other app).

When you run the Magisk Manager app and it talks about the Manager, it's talking about itself.

Go through your Android Apps drawer and make sure that you do not have more than one Magisk by any name.

Someone else will have to help with the "update Magisk" problem.

Reactions: pndwal

pndwal

Still 2 components, no longer released separately but both still needed and both require updating.

New single package delivery explained by John in Release Notes:
https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/...agisk-manager-is-deadlong-live-the-magisk-app

If working from within App, seems all is as it should be with Magisk. May be a general issue with package installer (settings / other) on device. What is the error? PW

Top Liked Posts

I can't find anything anywhere about it but I have a oneplus Nord 2T, I was using it with android 13 (oxygen) without problem to install the app and root the phone.
    I finally upgraded to android 14 through the OTA, my root was gone of course I was able to patch the file and get root again after the reboot, the magisk app was gone.
    When I try to install it I have no problem but when I open it the screen change to black for a second then comes back to the menu with the app gone.
    I have an app called App Manager that can use root to install/remove or freeze all type of apps, it has a log of the removed app and I can see there it was removed.
    I don't understand how or why only magisk seems to be a problem when I have other apps installed from unknown sources that are still there.
    Any idea?
    Are you sure 5hat the version of Magisk app you used to patch is the same version you are installing after flashing the patched file?

I have heard that Magisk will not tolerate an out-of-date app, but if you installed the Magisk app once, then patched, flashed, and rebooted, I don't see why there would be a conflict.

Of course, there are lots of reports of problems with lots of versions of Magisk. Maybe you're trying to use a bad one.

Say what version of Magisk you are trying to use.
    I'm now having a problem hiding the TJW Magisk 27002 app ...

I finally was able to resurrect my old Pixel 5. It's running stock A11 and was running TJW Magisk 26004 with no problem.

The Magisk manager was showing that the upgrade to 27002 was ready for installation, and so I did the following:

(1) Unhide Magisk
    (2) Update Magisk (27002 was listed)
    (3) After Magisk manager restarted, I did Direct Update to 27002, including reboot
    (4) Magisk 27002 indeed came up properly after reboot.
    (5) Tried to perform Hide The Magisk App.

I entered the arbitrary name for hiding, and I clicked "OK". But the hiding never took place.

I rebooted again, to see if perhaps that's necessary, and I repeated the hiding attempt by adding the same arbitrary name, and I again clicked "OK". But the hiding still didn't take place.

I searched my device, and there is no app nor shortcut with that arbitrary name. I also tried other, different arbitrary names, but after clicking "OK", the hiding still didn't take place for any name I chose.

What am I missing?
    Known issue. A fix has been merged. You can use the Debug app, revert back to 27001 or wait until 27003 is released.

EDIT: Ninja'd 🙃
    Is the Magisk 27001 APK/zip still available anywhere? I'd like to downgrade, but I can only find 27000 on Github and 27002 via update. I don't want to go to Canary in case the mounting changes break anything, or Debug as I hear the extra logging etc. causes performance issues (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Only v27000 is Stable. (and Beta). v27001 and v27002 are Canary or Debug

Set your Update Channel to Stable and you will see (just like you can see also on GitHub) that latest Stable is v27000, there was never Stable v27001 or v27002

Generally, Stable is always Nx100

So, you cannot downgrade to Stable v27001 but Canary v27001 should be just like Stable v27000 (same codebase). That's also the general policy, whenever Nx100 Stable is released, then immediately comes Canary Nx100 +1, on the same code-base

Therefore, downgrade to Stable v27000 instead
    I'm now having a problem hiding the TJW Magisk 27002 app ...

I finally was able to resurrect my old Pixel 5. It's running stock A11 and was running TJW Magisk 26004 with no problem.

The Magisk manager was showing that the upgrade to 27002 was ready for installation, and so I did the following:

(1) Unhide Magisk
    (2) Update Magisk (27002 was listed)
    (3) After Magisk manager restarted, I did Direct Update to 27002, including reboot
    (4) Magisk 27002 indeed came up properly after reboot.
    (5) Tried to perform Hide The Magisk App.

I entered the arbitrary name for hiding, and I clicked "OK". But the hiding never took place.

I rebooted again, to see if perhaps that's necessary, and I repeated the hiding attempt by adding the same arbitrary name, and I again clicked "OK". But the hiding still didn't take place.

I searched my device, and there is no app nor shortcut with that arbitrary name. I also tried other, different arbitrary names, but after clicking "OK", the hiding still didn't take place for any name I chose.

What am I missing?
    Known problem with 27002, the debug version doesn't have the problem with hiding, read back to see the discussion about it
    Direct Install with recovery mode checked worked for me. You were right.

After I flashed wrong CSC firmware my baseband and EMEIs disappeared. Now I have updated bootloader and I cant to flash original CSC firmware anymore. Any ideas how to restore baseband, EMEIs or it is too late?
    Yep, I told you several times that you need Recovery mode (selected) for your Ramdisk=No device; instructions for this are also clear in official Installation Instruction page too, but apparently you have not been trying to follow official instructions, so it's no real surprise you've messed up firmware too... Please take *extra* care when modding as there are simply so many variables and pitfalls! 😬

Are you flashing patched AP (Application Processor binary) along with all the other package binaries (X4?) for your S10+ (also in Magisk Installation page, Samsung section)??

CP is Cellular Processor (Nb. Oft repeated references to CP as 'core processor' may be misleading) binary package (also referred to as Baseband Modem) so that should have fixed mismatched baseband etc... correct CSC (Consumer Software Customization; region, APN and carrier specific software packages/settings) and even BL (Bootloader) are most likely also important...

Nb. BL doesn't always update bootloader version, but if later firmware has been flashed be aware that these can also cause anti-roll back version for bootloader to be incremented (in the event that an update patches serious vulns) so you original firmware may be blocked and you may need to use later packages only...

If flashing latest complete firmware package via Odin doesn't fix your IMEI / baseband issues it may be that you've messed with partitions that contain unique device values in the past... You may need to ask in Galaxy, S10 or S10+ XDA forums for that. 🤠 PW
    Sorry to bother with maybe a stupid question.

I am using Magisk and root for a long time on my Poco F2 Pro with latest xiaomi.eu ROM and XiamiEUModule App for NFC payment.

Everything was working fine with Magisk 26.4
    A few days ago I updatet to Magisk 27.0 since then my normal banking app of an Austrian bank gives me a warning, but is still working. No problem witih NFC payment.
    Would be nice to get rid of this warning again, have you any idea how to do so, or how to find out the reason.

On my new phone, Xiaomi 14 Ultra Global Edition FW 1.0.4 I applied for unlocking bootloader, did the unlock yesterday, which caused factory reset.

I patched init_boot.img after installing Magisk 27.0, enabled Zygisk, hide Magisk, installed PlayIntegrityFix_v15.9.6, Enforced Deny List, Added necessary services to deny list, in Developer Options of Google Play I meet Basic and Device Integrity. Banking App Works, but also the warning about root detected.

So I flashed FW 1.0.2 via Fastboot with Clean_All Option, made update to 1.0.4 with the updater app (flashing 1.0.4. with fastboot failed, so I made safe bet with flashing 1.0.2. what I have already done successful this morning).
    Then agan the same procedure but with Magisk 26.4, enabled Zygisk, hide Magisk, installed PlayIntegrityFix_v15.9.6, Enforced Deny List, Added necessary services to deny list, in Developer Options of Google Play I meet Basic and Device Integrity. Banking App works without any warning.

Can you tell me why this behaviour with older Magisk or how to find out?

Bonus info- NFC Payment with the app of my bank (not Google Wallet) does not work on Xiami 14 Ultra, but it did also not work as long bootloader was locked. Hoping for xiaomi.eu ROM for Aurora, and working NFC...
    Difference may be related to new "atomic mount" I mentioned above, not sure, but be aware that DenyList is NOT designed for (proper) root hiding... I'd be trying with Shamiko which just hijacks list from DenyList but runs in hidelist mode. Nb. The same Devs responsible for most recent major refactoring in Magisk also maintain Shamiko.

Also, Hide the Magisk app (ie. Magisk in stub) is broken in 27.0... You may need that. 🤠 PW
    This is the place for general support and discussion regarding "Public Releases", which includes both stable and beta releases.
    All information, including troubleshoot guides and notes, are in the Announcement Thread
    Hello, I haven't given much support on XDA lately. It can be resulted from
    • University started and I have limited free time. In fact, I mostly develop during midnight
    • I live in Taiwan, which has large time zone differences between my European/American contributors/testers, which usually forces me to stay up late at night to discuss/test stuffs.
    • The new version is about to come, I don't want to spend effort on supporting old releases
    The planned update is delayed again and again, to some point I think I'll shed some light about what has been happening lately, also along with some announcements.

New Forum!
    As you might have already discovered, Magisk got its own subforum on XDA! Many thanks to all the support you gave me, and much more information/features/support is about to come!
    **For developers supporting all the devices that are not using standard Android boot format, feel free to create threads in this section (actually, PLEASE do so) for your favorite devices after v7 is out. As I currently know, Asus devices require signing the boot image before flashing, and is model dependant; Sony devices seems to use ELF kernel that is unpatchable, or some has two ramdisks (inner + outer), both requires different workarounds; LG bootloader locked devices has to manually "BUMP" the boot image after flashing Magisk..... and there may be lots of other crazy boot image formats that haven't come up to my attention yet.
    It is impossible for me to support all these non-standard boot images, and I hope the community can collaborate to make Magisk running across all the devices. Overall, community collaboration is what XDA about :D

The Pixel Phone
    Some of you might already know this news, that the next Pixel Phone right around the corner seems like it does not have ramdisk in boot image, which pretty much wrecked Magisk in all ways. However, it pretty much doomed root itself too. Kernel modifications is inevitable IMO, so I'll try to migrate my scripts to C programs that could possibly be included into the kernel itself. Note that I'm not familiar with linux kernel, I'm not even sure if my idea and concept is correct or not. But once the device is available, I think developers will find a way to bypass all the difficulties, and I'll do my best to learn things ;)

Current Progress
    In the past month, I've spent quite some time learning SELinux, so that I can avoid using SuperSU's sepolicy patches. Thanks to the helps and tips from @phhusson and @Chainfire, I finally have a much clearer understanding of how SELinux works. The Magisk core parts (the scripts, boot image patches, new features, more supports) are actually done some time ago. What is causing all the delays is the Magisk Manager.
    To be completely honest, although I can code in Java without much issues, Magisk Manager is actually my first Android application, I had to reach out for assistance, and fortunately awesome developers like @DVDandroid and @digitalhigh contributed a lot, which makes the current Manager awesome.
    After the repo system and module management is mostly done, I was about to do some adjustments and release, but what we really done is decided to add another feature: auto-unroot with per-app settings. I decided to wait for it to be finished, and then do my adjustments. Due to reasons that'll be mentioned later, this feature will likely not be available for the next release (should come in future updates)

Safety Net Disaster
    Those who are using Magisk for Safety Net bypass purposes must have known that Google recently updated the detection method of my Systemless Xposed. I still have no idea what Safety Net is detecting, so currently I cannot fix it on my side (also because I'm busy working on the next update). However, suhide developed by @Chainfire is able to hide Xposed and worked fine.
    However, only my Systemless Xposed v86.2, which is based on SuperSU's su.d, is supported using that method. v86.2 and v86.5 (latest, Magisk based) have nearly identical binaries, and the only difference is the path where the binaries are stored.
    I'm still not sure what's the real issue for it not being supported, I just hope it is not done intentionally.

Conclusion
    Due to the fact that my Safety Net bypass is not 100% perfect now, I do not want to spend any more time waiting for auto-unroot to be polished. What I'm doing now is finishing up all the things I'd like to change in Magisk Manager (it has been a while since I last contributed to Manager, my fellow developers are doing all the heavy job), which might take a little more time, after that, packed with tons of information to be announced in Magisk Section, I'll release the long awaited update.

Hope this lengthy post gives you the idea of the whole situation, and again thanks for all your support!!
    Ah, some Chainfire bashing, I hope it is not too late for me to exercise additional villainy.

First, let me make clear I have nothing against @topjohnwu, nor against Magisk. Magisk is an interesting project and it certainly displays @topjohnwu ingenuity and persistence. I don't doubt we will see more interesting things from his hands.

-------------------------

What has happened here is not all that dark and complicated, from either end. I returned from holidays, and someone pointed me at Magisk. My first thought: interesting!

Among other things, the thread lists some issues with SuperSU, which in combination with the phrase The developer also requests users to not bug Chainfire with compatibility requests for SuperSU with Magisk from the portal article, raised my left eyebrow by nigh half an inch. The popular systemless xposed mod is apparently now based on it, and apparently it now no longer works with SuperSU, and apparently I'm not supposed to fix that, nor any of the other found issues. I found that a bit weird. So yes, I have told @topjohnwu that I was a bit surprised he was posting about issues with SuperSU without notifying me about them (I can't fix or help fix issues I'm not aware of, after all).

He's also spreading a modified version of the SuperSU package, which is not all that uncommon, nor necessarily a problem. I have not looked into what he modified, I only ran a few quick tests on one of my devices, and found some commonly used commands run as root to be broken. I have informed him of this as well.

It appears the tool of choice for Magisk is phh's Superuser, because of some of the mentioned issues with SuperSU. That's fine by itself, but fixing issues in that superuser by incorporating SuperSU's binaries into it is a somewhat questionable practise. After all, SuperSU is a commercial closed-source package that helps pay for my dinner, and superuser is a direct competitor. I have informed him that I was surprised he did this without asking for permission. I have expressed similar surprise on him spreading a modified version of LiveBoot (which helps pay for a snack now and then).
    @topjohnwu has also stated that Magisk's scripts are largely influenced by mine (I have not checked). Scripts based on mine are used all over the place on XDA, some people have crafted amazing things based on them, I have never made an issue of this (otherwise I would have just made them binaries). But yes, I have also stated to him that I don't think it's very nice to base something on one program, and then using that to (almost exclusively) push something directly competing with that program.

tl;dr Towards @topjohnwu, I have:
    - expressed surprise he has issues getting Magisk to work with SuperSU, and has chosen not to inform me about those
    - expressed surprise he is using SuperSU binaries in a competing superuser without permission
    - expressed surprise he is posting a modified LiveBoot without permission
    - informed him of issues with the modified SuperSU he has posted
    - let him know I thought it wasn't very nice to be applying my scripts to benefit seemingly exclusively that same competing superuser

To be crystal clear:
    - I have not asked for an apology
    - I have not asked for Magisk to be abandoned, neither the root hiding nor systemless module parts, and certainly not systemless xposed
    - I have not made an issue of any of this anywhere, until this post
    - I have not even specifically asked for anything to be taken down (though obviously in my opinion the other superuser package mixed with SuperSU's binaries, as well as the LiveBoot package, should go)
    - I have not reported this thread to XDA moderators for copyright violations or otherwise

While my conversation with @topjohnwu may not win any awards for being friendly (though it may win some for brevity), I think all things considered my response has been rather mild. To be perfectly honest, until the apology post, I thought this was over with already. I think the apology post was triggered because I haven't replied to his last PM for a while - I was in the zone, it happens.

To emphasize again, I have nothing against @topjohnwu, Magisk, or systemless xposed, and it is certainly not my goal to see any of them go. If it can be made to work together with SuperSU, great.

I get it though: you think of something, you want to see if you can make it work, you finally get it to work, you publish it, it takes off - enthusiasm gets the better of you. Maybe in the rush some mistakes are made. That doesn't mean you have to just drop it and run. None of my stuff would make it past 0.1 if I stopped at the first big mistake :)

Aside from said being in the zone coding, I usually regret actually responding to these sort of things the day after, which has made me hesitant to reply. Surprise me.
    Thread temporarily closed so everyone sees this.

The flood of "SafetyNet isn't working for me either!" posts are not helpful, at all. Please refrain from posting further, it will be looked into. Please do not forget that not passing SafetyNet is 100% NORMAL AND INTENDED when you have an unlocked booloader or running custom firmware. These are workarounds and they will be worked around in turn.

The Flash
    Forum Moderator

EDIT: Thread is reopened... I will be cleaning any SafetyNet posts for a while to keep the thread clean for real issues.
    Hello everyone!

I am aware that Google has updated Safety Net that makes Magisk itself a no go for Android Pay. In fact, I witnessed the change live while I am developing the new magiskhide, which should hide all Magisk modules and Magisk installed root.

Google is serious about Safety Net now, clearly hunting down all possibility to run Xposed with Safety Net passed. I spend quite some time examining the new security measures last midnight, and fortunately it seems that it is possible to run Magisk and root along with Safety Net if no Xposed is running. I'm glad I removed the old root toggle at the right time lol, that is no longer feasible with the latest detection.

So stay tuned for the next update, it will come with bug fixes, along with the new magiskhide to bypass that Safety Net.

Google, how will a few systemless mods do any harm :p:p