[Magisk] Google wallet (pay) with magisk

Search This thread

Danishblunt

Jul 2, 2015
Saw on reddit that some people have issues with google pay, since the new update added some new checks. So here is what you do:
- Update Magisk to 25.2, Update magisk app to 25.2 as well
- Rename Magisk app if you havent already
- [ OPTIONAL ] Add all google apps on deny list (good practice in case google wants to detect root throught their other apps)
- install these modules: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf and https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix
- then:

step 1.) Download any terminal (I use termux)
step 2.) type SU
step 3.) type props
step 4.) edit device fingerprint
step 5.) follow the onscreen promt
step 6.) once successfully changed, reboot device
optional (i didnt have to but you can try) reset google play, play services and google wallet appdata.
step 7.) enjoy working google wallet.

- Reboot

NOTE: Remeber to clear google wallet just in case.

ANOTHER NOTE: If your device is not on this list: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf/blob/master/common/prints.sh

then you'll have to manually obtain an old fingerprint for your device, its all on here how to do:

Enjoy.

EDIT: Alternatively try this:
https://github.com/Displax/safetynet-fix/releases/
it wont work for all from what I know but it was successful for some.

Last edited:

brambles1234

Feb 28, 2010
Saw on reddit that some people have issues with google pay, since the new update added some new checks. So here is what you do:
- [ OPTIONAL ] Add all google apps on deny list (good practice in case google wants to detect root throught their other apps)
- install these modules: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf and https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix
- then:

step 2.) type SU
step 3.) type props
optional (i didnt have to but you can try) reset google play, play services and google wallet appdata.

- Reboot

ANOTHER NOTE: If your device is not on this list: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/MagiskHidePropsConf/blob/master/common/prints.sh

then you'll have to manually obtain an old fingerprint for your device, its all on here how to do:

Enjoy.
After September's 2022 update I'm no longer able to use Google wallet. Does this 👆 apply to this new update.

Clasimodo

Dec 22, 2006
You quoted a post that says to uninstall the props module. That's different from what the OP explained.
I did this after the method of the opening post didn't work anymore. What I quoted solved this for me.
You quoted a post that says to uninstall the props module. That's different from what the OP explained.
I first used the method of the OP, but that stopped working after yesterday's update. The quoted method solved my issue.

rseiler

Jun 24, 2012
On the subject of the v2.3.1-MOD fork from back in July, does anyone have a grasp on why its exists? I understand that it apparently (somehow) works around the current problem, but it's a little underdocumented.

peelz_

Sep 23, 2022
On the subject of the v2.3.1-MOD fork from back in July, does anyone have a grasp on why its exists? I understand that it apparently (somehow) works around the current problem, but it's a little underdocumented.

I have my doubts that v2.3.1-MOD did anything to fix my issue. On my previous attempts, I only cleared the cache of Google Play Service and Google Wallet. When I switched to 2.3.1-MOD, I pressed "Clear all data" instead.

I'm not sure how Wallet detected the root in the first place, but maybe it cached the detection somewhere that wouldn't be purged by clearing the cache?

rseiler

Jun 24, 2012
I have my doubts that v2.3.1-MOD did anything to fix my issue. On my previous attempts, I only cleared the cache of Google Play Service and Google Wallet. When I switched to 2.3.1-MOD, I pressed "Clear all data" instead.
You'll find out, I think, when whatever it is that triggered it in the first place (some kind of Google Play Service action, perhaps) recurs, which it surely will at least try to do.

There's a fork of the fork, incidentally, here, and that one looks more maintained and even documented. Not sure of its efficacy yet.

Reactions: peelz_ and drieg

peelz_

Sep 23, 2022
You'll find out, I think, when whatever it is that triggered it in the first place (some kind of Google Play Service action, perhaps) recurs, which it surely will at least try to do.

There's a fork of the fork, incidentally, here, and that one looks more maintained and even documented. Not sure of its efficacy yet.

Thanks for the link. I'll try that if it happens again.

drieg

Aug 23, 2013

That was the only thing that eventually worked for me on my oneplus 8t, aftee trying about anything: denylist, universal safetynet fix v2.3.1, fingerprint change as depicted in this post, shamiko

Thanks a lot!!

Clasimodo

Dec 22, 2006

I'm not sure how Wallet detected the root in the first place, but maybe it cached the detection somewhere that wouldn't be purged by clearing the cache?
I experimented a little. If I go back to the OP method I cannot add a payment card (rooted warning). I cleared data of Google Play. If I then remove the props module and then install the mod instead of the original safety fix I can add a payment card.

Reactions: peelz_

Clasimodo

Dec 22, 2006

Thanks for that link. The size is different from the Displax one, but this gives molded by Displax too in the module.prop info. Must be related. This version works for me as well (can add payment card).

himan7991

Jun 27, 2016
Athens
- then:

step 2.) type SU
step 3.) type props

- Reboot

Enjoy.
Tried this today and it let me add the card. Will update the reply when I try to pay. Thanks 💪🏻

leopseft

May 12, 2011
Athens/Αθήνα
Facing the same issue with a Realme 7 but I have just unlocked bootloader, its not rooted!! I haven't install twrp or magisk yet, so the device fingerprint is untouched, right?

So google somehow can detect unlocked bootloaders. (I get a warning during boot that the phone is unlocked and I have to press the power button once within 5 seconds, so the boot will continue.)

Does anyone have any idea??

Zoneee

May 20, 2012
On a Realme GT 5G with Realme UI 3.0 (A12) RMX2202_11_C.21

Didn't work:
1. Original SafetyNetFix (enabled)
2. MagiskHide Props Config (enabled but not setup)
3. Renamed Magisk 25.2 with DenyList for:
- Google Play Store
- Google Wallet
4. Cleared Cache for Play Store, Play Services, Wallet and restarted phone

Works:
1. Use Safetynet with integrity API fix earlier from this thread
Thanks @rseiler

Steps 3,4 remain the same. No need for step 2 (module is now uninstalled because it was never used)

TODO: Try an actual payment.

UPDATE: Payments working perfectly! Yay!

Last edited:

b0mb

Mar 9, 2013
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hey Guys,

i´ve finally god Google Wallet with PayPal as service for contactless payment working ussing the followin Modules.

Shamiko, Safetynet Integrity Fix, Lsposed für Zygisk and Xprivacylua.

In Xprivacylua i´ve chosen all options for the following:

Goole Play
Google Play Services
Google Framework Services
Google Wallet

and TaDa..... finally i was able to get Google Wallet work

Last edited:

rseiler

Jun 24, 2012

After installing the latest 2.3.1-MOD (the HuskyDG one) and clearing cache on Wallet, Store, and Play Services and rebooting, I found that Wallet still didn't pass its self-check (the one that you can get to via the hamburger menu), which was a little surprising.

So I figured that I'd have to clear data on Wallet and reboot, to effectively reset Wallet and clear it of this problem. Imagine my surprise when I did that and it had no effect. Wallet still had my card and it was as if nothing had been deleted at all. I've never seen that before when clearing data on an app. I then also cleared storage for Play Services (and again rebooted), and now Wallet made me start over and the problem is gone (for now). That appears to be where it really keeps its data for some reason.

Like you, I'm unsure if that in itself was the remedy or if the MOD needed to be there, but it didn't hurt updating it.

BTW, I didn't clear data/storage on Play Store. I'm not actually sure what happens when you do that, so I was reluctant to do it, and it wasn't needed anyway. I was worried that I'd have to reinstall all apps.

Reactions: deechte

drieg

Aug 23, 2013
After installing the latest 2.3.1-MOD (the HuskyDG one) and clearing cache on Wallet, Store, and Play Services and rebooting, I found that Wallet still didn't pass its self-check (the one that you can get to via the hamburger menu), which was a little surprising.

So I figured that I'd have to clear data on Wallet and reboot, to effectively reset Wallet and clear it of this problem. Imagine my surprise when I did that and it had no effect. Wallet still had my card and it was as if nothing had been deleted at all. I've never seen that before when clearing data on an app. I then also cleared storage for Play Services (and again rebooted), and now Wallet made me start over and the problem is gone (for now). That appears to be where it really keeps its data for some reason.

Like you, I'm unsure if that in itself was the remedy or if the MOD needed to be there, but it didn't hurt updating it.

BTW, I didn't clear data/storage on Play Store. I'm not actually sure what happens when you do that, so I was reluctant to do it, and it wasn't needed anyway. I was worried that I'd have to reinstall all apps.
I did clear the play store data
The only thing that was changed is that I had to reconfigure the play store settings
No impact on yout installed apps

Reactions: rseiler

leopseft

May 12, 2011
Athens/Αθήνα
On a Realme GT 5G with Realme UI 3.0 (A12) and the following did not work

Didn't work and I had installed:
1. SafetyNetFix (enabled)
2. MagiskHide Props Config (installed but not used)
3. Renamed Magisk 25.2 with DenyList for:
- Google Play Store
- Google Wallet
4. Cleared Cache for Play Store, Play Services, Wallet and restarted phone

Works for me:
1. Use Safetynet with integrity API fix earlier from this thread
Thanks @rseiler

Steps 3,4 remain the same. No need for step 2.

TODO: Try an actual payment
It worked for me too.

1. Enabled Zygisk.
2. Hide magisk apk (it changes the icon and the name of the app)
3. Installed Universal SafetyNetFix module.
4. Enable Enforce DenyList.
5. Configure DenyList and check Google Play Store and Google Wallet (I pressed only once and let the app choose the default options, I didn't check all the values)
6. Cleared data and cache for Play Store and Wallet service (not the Google Play services)

Wallet now can add cards. Tomorrow I ll check if payments work and I ll update :)

Edit: (Reason: update) Today I paid with the phone normally without having any issues!!

Last edited:

NYFan

May 12, 2011
OnePlus 8T
- then:

step 2.) type SU
step 3.) type props

- Reboot

Enjoy.
Thank you! You are the only guy who gave working information on this topic!

Top Liked Posts