[MAGISK][MOD][13/11][v1]Always On Display For OnePlus 6T

Search This thread

acervenky

Recognized Contributor
Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai
It'll allow OP6T users to enable the hidden AOD option in Settings/Display/Ambient Display

Disclaimer : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.

Its a very basic mod, there are no additional features, just enabled the hardcoded AOD in android.
We'll refine it further by inputs from you guys!

Download : DRIVE
Removing the mod may result in a bootloop, delete /data/resource-cache via TWRP to fix the bootloop.

Instructions :
Just download the mod and flash it via magisk.
However users have reported problems while uninstalling it, as it does use OMS overlays it may cause bootloop in OOS roms after uninstalling it. Flash this and it'll fix the issue.
I would suggest users to just disable it in the settings instead of uninstalling the module ;)

This mod was not possible without the help from testers :)
Testers :
@nima0003
@jackennils
@bp328i

Credits :
paphonb

Regards,
acervenky

Last edited:

xfxx

Nov 12, 2018
thanks, works fine for me.

edit: i deactivated it...
got some security issues:
when screen is locked and AOD active: if i touch the FPS with a non saved finger it shows the homescreen while scanning the finger. it fails to unlock and gets back to AOD lockscreen. but it's a huge issue for me that it shows the homescreen while scanning.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandix and dough29

devarajreddy4ever

Feb 22, 2013
Not recommended to flash.

It enables aod but there are trade offs..
1. you have security issues, your homescreen is visible from lockscreen if you try with wrong finger.
2. even if u disable in settings u cant get the oneplus ambient display back.
Still its v1, there are improvements needed in above issues .

question?
can i flash the bootloop fix zip via adb?? to remove this module and fix bootloop issue?? because i dont have twrp..

Reactions: -MrMM-

Gungrave223

Jun 12, 2011
Loganville
It enables aod but there are trade offs..
1. you have security issues, your homescreen is visible from lockscreen if you try with wrong finger.
2. even if u disable in settings u cant get the oneplus ambient display back.
Still its v1, there are improvements needed in above issues .

question?
can i flash the bootloop fix zip via adb?? to remove this module and fix bootloop issue?? because i dont have twrp..

you can temp boot into twrp and sideload the fix

acervenky

Recognized Contributor
Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai
Ok so a quick update, the OPAod apk is present but the always on feature is removed, maybe adding this in the aod_settings will enable the always on switch?

Code:
 <com.oneplus.settings.AodSwitchPreference android:icon="@drawable/empty" android:persistent="false" android:title="@string/oneplus_aod_mode_always_on" android:key="aod_always_on_switch" android:singleLineTitle="false" />

EDIT : Can someone try this out : DRIVE
To use it you will have to completely uninstall v1. Flashing it on v1 will result in a bootloop.
Also you don't need to flash the bootloop fix to uninstall v2, just disable or delete it from magisk.

Regards,
acervenky

Last edited:

tlbland0426

Jul 25, 2012
Portland, IN
Ok so a quick update, the OPAod apk is present but the always on feature is removed, maybe adding this in the aod_settings will enable the always on switch?

Code:
 <com.oneplus.settings.AodSwitchPreference android:icon="@drawable/empty" android:persistent="false" android:title="@string/oneplus_aod_mode_always_on" android:key="aod_always_on_switch" android:singleLineTitle="false" />

EDIT : Can someone try this out : DRIVE
To use it you will have to completely uninstall v1. Flashing it on v1 will result in a bootloop.
Also you don't need to flash the bootloop fix to uninstall v2, just disable or delete it from magisk.

Regards,
acervenky
Tried it. This version doesn't even let you open Ambient Display to get to the settings to turn it on unfortunately. Clicking on Ambient Display does nothing at all.

tlbland0426

Jul 25, 2012
Portland, IN
So nothing happens when you turn off the screen? Not even ambient display on pickup?

Regards,
acervenky

When turning off the screen it acts just like the standard Ambient display with a few exceptions. Tap to show no longer works. Pickup works but the status bar is not "blacked out" like it should be, I can see my wallpaper underneath the status bar but the rest of the screen is black and shows the ambient display (time, notifications, etc.).

Darriousx

Dec 31, 2012
So nothing happens when you turn off the screen? Not even ambient display on pickup?

Regards,
acervenky
Like he's said in a previous post. It works when you pick up the phone. However, it does show the status bar and you can't go into the Ambient Display settings. Thankfully, when you don't place the correct fingerprint on it then it defaults to the lockscreen saying your fingerprint isn't recognized.

Overall, besides the status bar and only having lift to wake, I'm very impressed.

Edit: Just disabling the Magisk module works to renable the default Ambient Display. Very nice!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It'll allow OP6T users to enable the hidden AOD option in Settings/Display/Ambient Display

Disclaimer : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.

Its a very basic mod, there are no additional features, just enabled the hardcoded AOD in android.
    We'll refine it further by inputs from you guys!

Download : DRIVE
    Removing the mod may result in a bootloop, delete /data/resource-cache via TWRP to fix the bootloop.

Instructions :
    Just download the mod and flash it via magisk.
    However users have reported problems while uninstalling it, as it does use OMS overlays it may cause bootloop in OOS roms after uninstalling it. Flash this and it'll fix the issue.
    I would suggest users to just disable it in the settings instead of uninstalling the module ;)

This mod was not possible without the help from testers :)
    Testers :
    @nima0003
    @jackennils
    @bp328i

Credits :
    paphonb

Regards,
    acervenky
    Well I was one of the initial testers before this thread was created and I was assured there won't be a boot loop. Well there was one... So I have mixed feelings about this and will wait a few moments. Also this mixed up my display settings translations completely and the whole menu did not make any sense anymore. This may only happen if the system language is not English. But I don't know.

Hey there mate, I had clearly mentioned that it was safe to flash and you did boot without any problems after flashing it, but the boot loop after uninstalling was an unexpected bug, when you're testing out something new it can't be 100% perfect. I respect the initiative taken by you guys to test the mod so that when the initial version is released other users don't face such problems, the final goal is improved user experience for OP6T :)
    I had read many requests on Reddit and OnePlus forums for the AOD, so I wanted to provide quick fix for such users!
    Now a developer who owns the device can definitely provide a more refined version, but till that time we can work together and get it to work ;)
    Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you guys.

Regards,
    acervenky
    I read somewhere that Pixel ambient screen moves the text by a few pixels so that it is not noticeable but prevents screen burnout. Does this apply to fingerprint scanner image in this mod? Thanks OP for making it happen in the first place. Hoping OnePlus gives us an official implementation in the future.

No this does not apply to the fingerprint scanner image, on the v1 the screen burnout protection works but is not noticable, on the v2 the clock keeps changing the position after fixed intervals which is noticable. It has already been discussed on many threads that AOD can't cause screen burnout as it works with minimal brightness, although there can be screen burnout issue near the fingerprint sensor as the screen goes to full brightness and there's a bright white circle appearing over the sensor everytime you use it.

Regards,
    acervenky
    @acervenky
    Are you planning in releasing a new update for 9.0.11?

@acervenky
    I see in the op6 thread this has been updated, plans on a new port? Also, I don't see a donate option for you. Do you have one set up? I'd love to donate as I've enjoyed your contributions on more than one op device now!
    Please let me know how the v2 works on the latest update : DRIVE
    I have been very busy recently, the audio mods are due for update as well. I'll require the framework files from the latest update, and I'll post the test version in a few days :)
    Also this is the link to my Paypal

Regards,
    acervenky
    Hey there mate, I had clearly mentioned that it was safe to flash and you did boot without any problems after flashing it, but the boot loop after uninstalling was an unexpected bug, when you're testing out something new it can't be 100% perfect. I respect the initiative taken by you guys to test the mod so that when the initial version is released other users don't face such problems, the final goal is improved user experience for OP6T :)
    I had read many requests on Reddit and OnePlus forums for the AOD, so I wanted to provide quick fix for such users!
    Now a developer who owns the device can definitely provide a more refined version, but till that time we can work together and get it to work ;)
    Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you guys.

Regards,
    acervenky
    I'm just glad to see we have progress on this.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone