[MAGISK][MOD][13/11][v1]Always On Display For OnePlus 6T

Search This thread

icek

Dec 9, 2006
Did you use this module https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-tool-magisk-manager-recovery-mode-t3693165
?

You must install it from TWRP every time you need to use it ,and go to terminal, and enter mm,
no need to uninstall the magisk. Just uninstall the module that you don't need it

I get the the error below when installing mm-2018.8.1.zip from within TWRP
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file 'usbstorage/mm-2018.8.1.zip'

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
Beirut
You can use my new build without option to disable or enable on settings screen, it will be working all the time,
I just removed the modefed setting, systemui

And don't forget to remove the(/data/resource-cache) folder if you want to delete it.

Tried it but it just replace oneplus ambient display with aosp one, it works only when you lift the phone, so not AOD.

Any version of AOD that works woth 9.0.11?
The link in OP will do bootloop ?

Logan0829

Sep 28, 2016
This is great! I no longer have this phone, as I'm using my Pixel 2 XL for various reasons, but I'm still a fan of supporting the OP6T. Especially having an AOD, which I'm surprised hasn't gained more tracktion and more people haven't shown as much of an interest in wanting?
Thinking of picking a 2xl up on swappa soon.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

What do you like better than 6t?

Darriousx

Dec 31, 2012

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

What do you like better than 6t?
I don't want to derail too much from the content of this thread.

However, I like the speakers front facing wayy more, the camera is just so much better but I don't personally care, the vibration motor in the 6T is pretty bad as well, and that's pretty much it. Perfect phone otherwise. Pixel does have native AOD so I prefer that, of course.

Logan0829

Sep 28, 2016
I don't want to derail too much from the content of this thread.

However, I like the speakers front facing wayy more, the camera is just so much better but I don't personally care, the vibration motor in the 6T is pretty bad as well, and that's pretty much it. Perfect phone otherwise. Pixel does have native AOD so I prefer that, of course.
Thanks!

acervenky

Recognized Contributor
  • Mar 25, 2012
    Mumbai
    @acervenky
    Are you planning in releasing a new update for 9.0.11?

@acervenky
    I see in the op6 thread this has been updated, plans on a new port? Also, I don't see a donate option for you. Do you have one set up? I'd love to donate as I've enjoyed your contributions on more than one op device now!
    Please let me know how the v2 works on the latest update : DRIVE
    I have been very busy recently, the audio mods are due for update as well. I'll require the framework files from the latest update, and I'll post the test version in a few days :)
    Also this is the link to my Paypal

Regards,
    acervenky

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
    Beirut
    I have been very busy recently, the audio mods are due for update as well. I'll require the framework files from the latest update, and I'll post the test version in a few days :)

Regards,
    acervenky

It's not working
    AOD is not showing and there is a bug with ambiant display, statusbar is white!

adxgi

Dec 6, 2018
    Please let me know how the v2 works on the latest update

Not working.
    (1) Always on display doesn't work.
    (2) Home screen background can be seen through the status bar (rest of the screen background is black).
    (3) Ambient display menu in Settings can't be accessed.

Nemo.tec

Nov 9, 2009
    Kiev
    nemo-tec.at.ua
    Regards,
    acervenky

Hey, thanks a lot for your job! Can u make same for Oneplus 3 on Ressurection Remix 6.2 on Oreo 8.1? Or maybe tell us howto to make us abble to perform same for different ROM?

FYI:
    With v1 module AOD is working on my ROM, but I have black screen when doubletaping or power on screen by pressing power button. And Settings app is crashing when I'm trying to enter "Display" section.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      It'll allow OP6T users to enable the hidden AOD option in Settings/Display/Ambient Display

Disclaimer : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.

Its a very basic mod, there are no additional features, just enabled the hardcoded AOD in android.
      We'll refine it further by inputs from you guys!

Download : DRIVE
      Removing the mod may result in a bootloop, delete /data/resource-cache via TWRP to fix the bootloop.

Instructions :
      Just download the mod and flash it via magisk.
      However users have reported problems while uninstalling it, as it does use OMS overlays it may cause bootloop in OOS roms after uninstalling it. Flash this and it'll fix the issue.
      I would suggest users to just disable it in the settings instead of uninstalling the module ;)

This mod was not possible without the help from testers :)
      Testers :
      @nima0003
      @jackennils
      @bp328i

Credits :
      paphonb

Regards,
      acervenky
      Well I was one of the initial testers before this thread was created and I was assured there won't be a boot loop. Well there was one... So I have mixed feelings about this and will wait a few moments. Also this mixed up my display settings translations completely and the whole menu did not make any sense anymore. This may only happen if the system language is not English. But I don't know.

Hey there mate, I had clearly mentioned that it was safe to flash and you did boot without any problems after flashing it, but the boot loop after uninstalling was an unexpected bug, when you're testing out something new it can't be 100% perfect. I respect the initiative taken by you guys to test the mod so that when the initial version is released other users don't face such problems, the final goal is improved user experience for OP6T :)
      I had read many requests on Reddit and OnePlus forums for the AOD, so I wanted to provide quick fix for such users!
      Now a developer who owns the device can definitely provide a more refined version, but till that time we can work together and get it to work ;)
      Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you guys.

Regards,
      acervenky
      I read somewhere that Pixel ambient screen moves the text by a few pixels so that it is not noticeable but prevents screen burnout. Does this apply to fingerprint scanner image in this mod? Thanks OP for making it happen in the first place. Hoping OnePlus gives us an official implementation in the future.

No this does not apply to the fingerprint scanner image, on the v1 the screen burnout protection works but is not noticable, on the v2 the clock keeps changing the position after fixed intervals which is noticable. It has already been discussed on many threads that AOD can't cause screen burnout as it works with minimal brightness, although there can be screen burnout issue near the fingerprint sensor as the screen goes to full brightness and there's a bright white circle appearing over the sensor everytime you use it.

Regards,
      acervenky
      @acervenky
      Are you planning in releasing a new update for 9.0.11?

@acervenky
      I see in the op6 thread this has been updated, plans on a new port? Also, I don't see a donate option for you. Do you have one set up? I'd love to donate as I've enjoyed your contributions on more than one op device now!

Regards,
      acervenky
      Hey there mate, I had clearly mentioned that it was safe to flash and you did boot without any problems after flashing it, but the boot loop after uninstalling was an unexpected bug, when you're testing out something new it can't be 100% perfect. I respect the initiative taken by you guys to test the mod so that when the initial version is released other users don't face such problems, the final goal is improved user experience for OP6T :)
      I had read many requests on Reddit and OnePlus forums for the AOD, so I wanted to provide quick fix for such users!
      Now a developer who owns the device can definitely provide a more refined version, but till that time we can work together and get it to work ;)
      Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you guys.

Regards,
      acervenky
      I'm just glad to see we have progress on this.