[MAGISK][MOD][13/11][v1]Always On Display For OnePlus 6T

Search This thread

sanjeev7

Nov 24, 2013
Aamchi Mumbai
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
For those users who get stuck here.
If u end up in boot loop or booting back to TWRP.
Follow this steps

Go to TWRP
Go to advanced/file manager
/Data/ delete all folders and files that are related to Magisk
Also remove /data/adb/ all Magisk related files
ReBoot

U will boot back to the system. If u want root access back, go to TWRP again nd flash Magisk

Reactions: Scott

aeppacher

Apr 14, 2012
would not recommend installation, I got a bootloop after just after installing on stock OOS, and the bootloop fix zip did not rectify it

alesimula

Apr 2, 2016
Tried it twice, always ended up immediately rebooting to recovery after the device boots up

EDIT: tried v2, even over v1, that one just doesn't work and i can't even go in Ambient display options

Last edited:

YudmudTR

Nov 19, 2011
Ankara
Hi, I was wondering since you've added AOD, can you also add AOSP lockscreen (with or without weather info) and AOSP clear all notifications button? I know that original OP6 module have these but I couldn't really try your module because it doesn't support .13. Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It'll allow OP6T users to enable the hidden AOD option in Settings/Display/Ambient Display

Disclaimer : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.

Its a very basic mod, there are no additional features, just enabled the hardcoded AOD in android.
    We'll refine it further by inputs from you guys!

Download : DRIVE
    Removing the mod may result in a bootloop, delete /data/resource-cache via TWRP to fix the bootloop.

Instructions :
    Just download the mod and flash it via magisk.
    However users have reported problems while uninstalling it, as it does use OMS overlays it may cause bootloop in OOS roms after uninstalling it. Flash this and it'll fix the issue.
    I would suggest users to just disable it in the settings instead of uninstalling the module ;)

This mod was not possible without the help from testers :)
    Testers :
    @nima0003
    @jackennils
    @bp328i

Credits :
    paphonb

Regards,
    acervenky
    Well I was one of the initial testers before this thread was created and I was assured there won't be a boot loop. Well there was one... So I have mixed feelings about this and will wait a few moments. Also this mixed up my display settings translations completely and the whole menu did not make any sense anymore. This may only happen if the system language is not English. But I don't know.

Hey there mate, I had clearly mentioned that it was safe to flash and you did boot without any problems after flashing it, but the boot loop after uninstalling was an unexpected bug, when you're testing out something new it can't be 100% perfect. I respect the initiative taken by you guys to test the mod so that when the initial version is released other users don't face such problems, the final goal is improved user experience for OP6T :)
    I had read many requests on Reddit and OnePlus forums for the AOD, so I wanted to provide quick fix for such users!
    Now a developer who owns the device can definitely provide a more refined version, but till that time we can work together and get it to work ;)
    Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you guys.

Regards,
    acervenky
    I read somewhere that Pixel ambient screen moves the text by a few pixels so that it is not noticeable but prevents screen burnout. Does this apply to fingerprint scanner image in this mod? Thanks OP for making it happen in the first place. Hoping OnePlus gives us an official implementation in the future.

No this does not apply to the fingerprint scanner image, on the v1 the screen burnout protection works but is not noticable, on the v2 the clock keeps changing the position after fixed intervals which is noticable. It has already been discussed on many threads that AOD can't cause screen burnout as it works with minimal brightness, although there can be screen burnout issue near the fingerprint sensor as the screen goes to full brightness and there's a bright white circle appearing over the sensor everytime you use it.

Regards,
    acervenky
    @acervenky
    Are you planning in releasing a new update for 9.0.11?

@acervenky
    I see in the op6 thread this has been updated, plans on a new port? Also, I don't see a donate option for you. Do you have one set up? I'd love to donate as I've enjoyed your contributions on more than one op device now!
    Please let me know how the v2 works on the latest update : DRIVE
    I have been very busy recently, the audio mods are due for update as well. I'll require the framework files from the latest update, and I'll post the test version in a few days :)
    Also this is the link to my Paypal

Regards,
    acervenky
    Hey there mate, I had clearly mentioned that it was safe to flash and you did boot without any problems after flashing it, but the boot loop after uninstalling was an unexpected bug, when you're testing out something new it can't be 100% perfect. I respect the initiative taken by you guys to test the mod so that when the initial version is released other users don't face such problems, the final goal is improved user experience for OP6T :)
    I had read many requests on Reddit and OnePlus forums for the AOD, so I wanted to provide quick fix for such users!
    Now a developer who owns the device can definitely provide a more refined version, but till that time we can work together and get it to work ;)
    Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you guys.

Regards,
    acervenky
    I'm just glad to see we have progress on this.