paphonb

Sep 5, 2014
Disclaimer
Code:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
if you have any concerns about features included in this module
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

As someone who have used AOSP-based ROMs before, I just like how AOSP looks in general so I've made a mod to change some visual aspects of OxygenOS to match those of AOSP. You can see the feature list below.

Features
- Added weather information to the lockscreen
- Replaced OnePlus Ambient Display with AOSP Ambient Display
- Animated transition when switching between lockscreen and always on
- Replaced "Clear all" button in the notification drawer with AOSP style
- Added wallpaper tint in notification drawer background
- Added AOSP style lockscreen charging indicator including charging time estimation

Requirements
- OxygenOS 9.0.3 / OB16
- Magisk 17.1 or later

Known issues
- If lockscreen weather doesn't work on first boot, try placing the "At A Glance" widget from the Google App on your home screen.
- As this mod replaces OnePlus Ambient Display with the AOSP version, some screen-off gesture won't work.
- This mod uses OMS overlays to change some settings, but due to a bug in OxygenOS, some devices may experience bootloops after uninstalling the module. You'll have to flash a zip to fix it.
- Pixel 3 wallpapers needs to be recompiled with OxygenOS framework in order for it to show on ambient display. You can either do that yourself or download my recompiled version here.

Links
- View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.7.zip (for OxygenOS OB16, no weather)
- View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.6.zip (for OxygenOS OB16, no weather)
- View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.5.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0.3)
- View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.4.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0.2)
- View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.3.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0)
- View attachment 4608407 (for OxygenOS 9.0)
- View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.2.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0)
- View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.1.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0)
- View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0)
- View attachment bootloop-fix.zip
- A short video preview of the module
- Modifications sources

Changelog
Code:
v1.7 (23/04/2019)
- Add Android Q battery icon style
v1.6 (21/04/2019)
- Updated to support OxygenOS OB16
v1.5 (11/01/2019)
- Use AOSP lockscreen clock positioning
- Updated to support OxygenOS 9.0.3
v1.4 (03/11/2018)
- Updated to support OxygenOS 9.0.2
v1.3 (02/10/2018)
- Fixed "__ min" showing as "__ devices"
v1.2 (30/09/2018)
- Fixed CPU not going to deep sleep when AOD is on
v1.1 (26/09/2018)
- Lower AOD brightness (experimental)
- Fixed broken SafetyNet (thanks to @meistr91)

Donation
If you like my work, you can support me by donating to me. It helps keeping me motivated to contribute more to the community.

Last edited:

Juli112

Dec 18, 2011
Thanks, don't understand why OnePlus is doing these changes to their OxygenOS... :)

Nidhin@xda

Oct 22, 2016
Kerala
Redmi Note 10 Pro
As someone who have used AOSP-based ROMs before, I just like how AOSP looks in general so I've made a mod to change some visual aspects of OxygenOS to match those of AOSP. You can see the feature list below.

Features
- Added AOSP style lockscreen charging indicator including charging time estimation

Requirements
- OxygenOS 9.0 Stable release
- Magisk 17.1 or later

Known issues
- If lockscreen weather doesn't work on first boot, try placing the "At A Glance" widget from the Google App on your home screen.
- As this mod replaces OnePlus Ambient Display with the AOSP version, some screen-off gesture won't work.
- This mod uses OMS overlays to change some settings, but due to a bug in OxygenOS, some devices may experience bootloops after uninstalling the module. You'll have to flash a zip to fix it.

Links
- (for OxygenOS 9.0 180915)
-
- Modifications sources
Can share your live wallpaper ???

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
Can't download the bootloop fix but alternatively, you can remove the '/data/resource-cache/overlays.list' until the flashable zip is uploaded again.

It gives me Error 410 Gone.

This can be done in TWRP by mounting Data partition and going to advance, file manager and then that directory and rename the file to overlays.bak (to keep as a backup in case there is still bootloop)

Last edited:

ddaharu

Mar 30, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Only thing is that the brightness of the OAD depends on system brightness. So if is all the way up it'll be really bright.

meistr91

Jan 26, 2015
Google Pixel 6
safetynet pass not responding after flashing this mod.
I have noticed that too. After this mod, hidden apps like banking and googlepay act crazy, opening very slow, dont load up fully just hangs, if i go to recent menu, app is not there.. so i tried to remove mod, but ended up in bootloop and on that time we didnt had fix, so i was forced to do clean install again:D
Does after uninstall this mod safety net goes back to passing ?
Also does anybody else noticed that safety net is tripped after this mod?:)

Tracker31

Nov 21, 2015
OnePlus Nord
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have noticed that too. After this mod, hidden apps like banking and googlepay act crazy, opening very slow, dont load up fully just hangs, if i go to recent menu, app is not there.. so i tried to remove mod, but ended up in bootloop and on that time we didnt had fix, so i was forced to do clean install again:D
Does after uninstall this mod safety net goes back to passing ?
Also does anybody else noticed that safety net is tripped after this mod?:)

Yeah! After uninstalling this mod with bootloop fix safety net pass OK. At this moment this mod is very dangerous for users. I had bootloop without theard and bootloop.zip and I lost all my data. Even full restore of nandroid backup didnt. Help. I was forced to use MSM TOOL and do clear flash

meistr91

Jan 26, 2015
Google Pixel 6
Yeah! After uninstalling this mod with bootloop fix safety net pass OK. At this moment this mod is very dangerous for users. I had bootloop without theard and bootloop.zip and I lost all my data. Even full restore of nandroid backup didnt. Help. I was forced to use MSM TOOL and do clear flash
Seems like this mod have leftover from mac os:ds_store in system/priv-app. So i just removed that file from zip and flashed it. Safety net is passing and my banking app is working normal.

This method i found from some user that i dont remember name but this was on oneplus camera mod m, it also was trippin safety net, so that user removed those files from zip and it worked. So you can try as well. I used mixplorer, so it can open zip just in simple touch. So u dont need to extract it and repack it later.:)

Reactions: paphonb and deezid

Tracker31

Nov 21, 2015
OnePlus Nord
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Seems like this mod have leftover from mac os:ds_store in system/priv-app. So i just removed that file from zip and flashed it. Safety net is passing and my banking app is working normal.

This method i found from some user that i dont remember name but this was on oneplus camera mod m, it also was trippin safety net, so that user removed those files from zip and it worked. So you can try as well. I used mixplorer, so it can open zip just in simple touch. So u dont need to extract it and repack it later.:)

But here is still problem with uninstalling. I tried to install this mod via magisk manager and some mods are uninstalled after reboot. Do you install it via manager or just in custom recovery ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    if you have any concerns about features included in this module
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Features

Requirements
    - OxygenOS 9.0.3 / OB16
    - Magisk 17.1 or later

Known issues
    - Pixel 3 wallpapers needs to be recompiled with OxygenOS framework in order for it to show on ambient display. You can either do that yourself or download my recompiled version here.

Links
    - View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.7.zip (for OxygenOS OB16, no weather)
    - View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.6.zip (for OxygenOS OB16, no weather)
    - View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.5.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0.3)
    - View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.4.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0.2)
    - View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.3.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0)
    - View attachment 4608407 (for OxygenOS 9.0)
    - View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.2.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0)
    - View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods-v1.1.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0)
    - View attachment paphonb-OOS-Mods.zip (for OxygenOS 9.0)
    - View attachment bootloop-fix.zip
    - Modifications sources

Changelog
    Code:
    v1.7 (23/04/2019)
    - Add Android Q battery icon style
    v1.6 (21/04/2019)
    - Updated to support OxygenOS OB16
    v1.5 (11/01/2019)
    - Use AOSP lockscreen clock positioning
    - Updated to support OxygenOS 9.0.3
    v1.4 (03/11/2018)
    - Updated to support OxygenOS 9.0.2
    v1.3 (02/10/2018)
    - Fixed "__ min" showing as "__ devices"
    v1.2 (30/09/2018)
    - Fixed CPU not going to deep sleep when AOD is on
    v1.1 (26/09/2018)
    - Lower AOD brightness (experimental)
    - Fixed broken SafetyNet (thanks to @meistr91)

Donation
    If you like my work, you can support me by donating to me. It helps keeping me motivated to contribute more to the community.
    FOR THOSE WHO CLAIM THERE IS NO BURN IN PROTECTION:

ezgif_4_1113de2c561b_by_skaizek-dcsc5ox.gif

Larger Image can be found here:
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1788/f/2018/322/1/5/ezgif_4_5dce1d501de9_by_skaizek-dcsc538.gif

Made a 1 hour timelapse of AOD and it seems working. Time moves Left and Right while charging level is going in circles
    I saw the new battery icon in Android Q and it looks nice, so I'm bringing it to P with this mod. Enjoy.

cXbhp67.jpg
    Hey, so I used the modifications provided by @paphonb and recreated the mod for OOS 9.0.5.
    The file can be found in the attachment. The installation procedure is the same as other zips.

NOTE: Not all features are baked into the build I am uploading. A few things like animations are missing, so keep that in mind.

Enjoy!
    With the testing help from @disappearer, this module is now compatible with the OxygenOS 9.0.3 update. Enjoy!