• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MAGISK][MOD][EOL] [v8]Stereo Speaker Mod For Oneplus 6 *AML COMPATIBLE*

Search This thread

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Since you haven't reported, should I gues that yoou haven't had any success?
Haven't had much succes yet but didn't give up, just had a couple of failed attempts and after that I was a bit short on free time. I wouldn't expect anything if I was you but I just wanted to give it a try because I think it should be possible.

Reactions: Sepero

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Since you haven't reported, should I gues that yoou haven't had any success?

Wanted to let you know that I was partially successful!
Got the earpiece working as a secondary speaker on LOS18 for which I made a Magisk module but I found out that it isn't compatible with AML (yet).
So now I need to find out how I can make it compatible with AML.
Edit:
It's probably not compatible since the module I made completely replaces the "mixer_paths_tavil" xml.
So I guess I need to try to patch that file like the original mod does instead of replacing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepero

acervenky

Recognized Contributor
Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai
POCO M2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Wanted to let you know that I was partially successful!
Got the earpiece working as a secondary speaker on LOS18 for which I made a Magisk module but I found out that it isn't compatible with AML (yet).
So now I need to find out how I can make it compatible with AML.
Edit:
It's probably not compatible since the module I made completely replaces the "mixer_paths_tavil" xml.
So I guess I need to try to patch that file like the original mod does instead of replacing it.
Attach both your edited mixer and original mixer, I'll help you with the aml script.

Regards,
acervenky

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Attach both your edited mixer and original mixer, I'll help you with the aml script.

Regards,
acervenky

Thanks for being willing to help, I already figured it out by looking at how you did it and I learned some new things too.
I actually think that your mod should work without any changes. The tavil mixer file of LOS18 is almost identical to the tavil mixer file of OOS.
Weirdly enough the earpiece did not work on LOS18 when I used "AIF1_PB" but did work when I used "AIF_MIX1_PB". That's pretty much the only change that's needed to get it working.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Has anyone got it working on OOS 10.3.7 yet?

Yes, v8 of this mod works perfectly fine on OOS10.3.7.
Just give it a try, you don't need some else's confirmation, it's a Magisk module after all so it's easy to disable/delete the module to revert any changes if things don't work.

*Edit: Maybe I was a bit too harsh, it could very well be that you already tried an other build that didn't work for you... It's just that I'm a bit done with all those "did anyone already test this and that" posts while it's super easy to test things on your own. Many people don't do that and keep on asking others without testing things themselves. I might have been a bit too prejudicial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepero and pepa 77

LaurisLT

Apr 14, 2011
Kaunas
OnePlus 6
Thanks for being willing to help, I already figured it out by looking at how you did it and I learned some new things too.
I actually think that your mod should work without any changes. The tavil mixer file of LOS18 is almost identical to the tavil mixer file of OOS.
Weirdly enough the earpiece did not work on LOS18 when I used "AIF1_PB" but did work when I used "AIF_MIX1_PB". That's pretty much the only change that's needed to get it working.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Yes, v8 of this mod works perfectly fine on OOS10.3.7.
Just give it a try, you don't need some else's confirmation, it's a Magisk module after all so it's easy to disable/delete the module to revert any changes if things don't work.

*Edit: Maybe I was a bit too harsh, it could very well be that you already tried an other build that didn't work for you... It's just that I'm a bit done with all those "did anyone already test this and that" posts while it's super easy to test things on your own. Many people don't do that and keep on asking others without testing things themselves. I might have been a bit too prejudicial.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post, I have tried v10 which I used on the previous version of OOS. It didn't work, I will be more clear in the future.

*Edit: I tried installing v8 and v7 but they don't even appear in installed modules. V9 and v10 show up there but do not work. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post, I have tried v10 which I used on the previous version of OOS. It didn't work, I will be more clear in the future.

*Edit: I tried installing v8 and v7 but they don't even appear in installed modules. V9 and v10 show up there but do not work. Am I missing something?

No need to say sorry, I judged too quickly.
There's definitely something wrong on your side, they should show up in the module list. I think your Magisk installation got messed up somehow. Just try to completely uninstall Magisk and reinstall Magisk again. After doing that you can proceed to installing v8 of this mod.

amrut1

Dec 19, 2016
Hey can any one help me today I installed this mod and I had got it working but the problem is the ear piece had very low voice can anyone tell me how to increase it's vol and upto what limit it's safe for earpiece

LaurisLT

Apr 14, 2011
Kaunas
OnePlus 6
I can't for the life of me get v8 working on OOS 10.3.7, tried completely reinstalling magisk, didn't work. Tried fresh install of OOS with magisk 20.4 and 21.1 didn't work. It doesn't show up as installed module, is the zip on github working, or is there another zip in the topic? After XDA update search doesn't really work for threads...

Edit: v9 worked after everything.

Last edited:

amrut1

Dec 19, 2016
Try to install v10 it worked for me

Attachments

• OP6-Stereo_Magisk_v10.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 666

Sepero

Dec 11, 2012
Getting this working on LOS is going to be more important in the long run, because OOS is at or near end of support for OP6

pepa 77

Dec 2, 2014
Česká Lípa
A Hi, I modified this mode for myself, the combination of V8 and V10 I marked it V11 can I publish it here? It works on OOS 10.3.7 😏

Fevves

Dec 1, 2011
Behind your screen...
Either V8, V9 or V10 is NOT working as it is supposed on OOS 10.3.7 here as it cuts down the audio, then gradually upps it above normal threshold and then ducks it down on any other stream event from the opposite and/or last triggered stream (i.e notification vs system sound vs alarm sound or even media sound)... This produces mass low audio on notifications or rings, which tends to up themselves but system sound kicks in and then it's all from square one...

OFC rooted, Magisk 21.4, RIRU 23.4 (cause of edXposed but without any audio modules in it), AML 4.0, V4A FX 2.7.2.1, etc... On official OOS Android 8.1 I never had something like this with V6.

Pity the project is EOL but thank you for the good times. I just hope someone with knowledge and passion contiunes to develop this fine modificattion. Until then, my OP6 is a mono sucker...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    45795538731_495c60a0d0_c.jpg

This module enables the earpiece to be used as a secondary speaker while playing music or videos.
    There were a few modifications in the mixer file, similar to Oneplus 5 & 5T.
    *I am not responsible for any damage to your device*
    You will need a stock rom with Magisk installed.
    EDIT : After reviews from users I found out that this mod works partially with complete stock, to get stereo audio on all the apps please install NoLimits rom or Viper Audio.
    Just add the module in magisk & reboot.
    If you want it to be more loud, flash the cleanslate kernel and increase the earpiece gain.(*At your own risk)

Downloads :
    v8 : Releases
    Source : Github
    Note : Download the file in the attachment, extract it & move it to ViPER4Android/Kernel folder in internal storage and select TubeAmplifier file in Convolver. This will significantly boost the output of both the speakers without causing any distortions. [Original thread]

Addidional Note : As reported by aenews v8 breaks AML compatibility with other mods, so if you're facing the same issues please revert to v7!

OLD VERSIONS :
    Download v1 : DRIVE
    Download v2 [Gain Reduced] : DRIVE
    Download v2 : DRIVE [Does not require Viper]
    Download v3 : DRIVE
    Download v3 [With Unity & AML Support] : #232
    Download v4 : DRIVE [PIE]
    Download v5 : DRIVE
    Download v6 : DRIVE

Youtube Video :

Featured On XDA Portal

Changelog :
    Code:
    v1 - Initial Release
    v2 - Fixed the earpiece not working in several apps. The mod is now standalone and works without Viper as well
    v3 - Fixed the earpiece not working during call
    v4 - Fixed Bluetooth Audio[PIE]
    v5 - Right channel audio plays through both the speakers now. Earpiece gain increased by 2dB
    v6 - Fixed latency issue between earpiece and main speaker
    v7 - Mod is now AML compatible
    v8 - Fixed the issues with speakerphone and bluetooth devices

I had to go through several threads in order to port this mod.
    Credits :
    magura320
    SpasilliumNexus
    DorianX
    chdloc
    Dante63
    Zackptg5

Regards,
    acervenky
    v6 - Latency Fixed

I'm very happy to announce v6, I had browsed through almost all the stereo speaker mods present on XDA to find a fix for the latency issue between two speakers, but found no solutions. So had to come up with my own workaround, with more than a dozen mixer test files finally found a solution.
    If you guys find any dev facing the same issue please mention this post, it'll save a lot of time.
    To those devs trying to fix this issue, increase the sample rate of SLIM interface.
    We're moving towards a more refined mod for our device.
    I'm glad that all of you guys provide quick feedbacks, it helps a lot :)
    Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to make it AML compatible, but it'll not take long ;)
    OP updated with v6, more detailed changelog mentioned below :
    Code:
    Fixed latency issue between earpiece and main speaker
    Increased earpiece gain by 3dB and reduced main speaker gain by 2dB
    Changed the headphone playback mode from Low-power to HIFI

Regards,
    acervenky
    OP Updated with v4.
    Thank you to all the testers, you guys are awesome!

Regards,
    acervenky
    True Stereo Test Version

So based on inputs from you guys, have been experimenting with the channels and also got a holiday today:victory: to work on it. For an immersive experience, I have boosted the earpiece by 2-3dB.
    I did not notice any distortion at full volume, but that may vary from user to user.
    Interested members can test it out and provide inputs. :)

Regards,
    acervenky
    Hello, would you be able to backport this mod for the Oneplus 3T? The last release for that phone was released last year, so it no longer works on Magisk 16: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634786190

Yes sure!
    For OP6 Users : I'll be releasing a new version for testing by end of the day, if the reports are positive will update the OP as well.
    Sorry to keep you guys waiting, have been busy lately due to project work.

Regards,
    acervenky