• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MAGISK MODULE] [APP] Google Pay downgrader for Wear OS on Pie & RootPayEnabler app

Search This thread

jarylc

Apr 8, 2013
[MAGISK MODULE] [APP] Google Pay downgrader for Wear OS on Pie & RootPayEnabler app

OreoPay4PieWear
version 1
Wear Magisk module to downgrade Google Pay on Wear OS Pie to Oreo version to bypass unsupported country message

This module if for all who updated their Wear OS devices to Pie and are locked out of Google Pay due to the Geo-location restrictions on the Pie version that are present for the wear but not the phone. This module will likely become obsolete once Google decides to deprecate the Oreo version of Google Pay and prevent the use of it. Hence please continue to support this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/bghqiq/just_talked_with_google_support_they_have_no_idea/

Instructions:
  1. Install/Flash Magisk module: OreoPay4PieWear_v1.zip
  2. Refrain from updating Google Pay in the play store
  3. If accidentally updated, just uninstall updates on the play store page
  4. Optional: Because using this module means that your device is rooted, use my version of PayEnabler attached that uses "pm enable" to re-enable and automatically start Google Pay instead of accessibility services when it gets automatically disabled.
  5. Use Google Pay from unsupported countries on wear again

Changelogs:
v1 - Initial release

-----

RootPayEnabler
UFDzF4b.png

version 1
Wear application that uses root privileges to enable (if disabled) and open Google Pay automatically

Uses "pm enable" and root (apparently required) to enable Google Pay, then proceeds to open Google Pay

Demo:
https://gfycat.com/boringtestyincatern

Instructions:
  1. Install and open app via ADB: RootPayEnabler.apk (adb install path/to/RootPayEnabler.apk)
  2. On screens that cover the allow button, let the root request dialog to timeout and allow it manually in manager
  3. Allow root access if not allowed yet and re-open the app
  4. Open the app every time Google Pay is needed

Changelogs
v1 - Initial release

Attachments

• OreoPay4PieWear_v1.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 925
  • RootPayEnabler.apk
    951 KB · Views: 887
Last edited:

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
@jarylc appreciate if you can help cause I am not sure I should install the above apk's. I was running Google Pay from @moneytoo here https://forum.xda-developers.com/wear-os/development/app-pay-enabler-android-pay-oreo-t3750815/page8 and it was running perfectly fine and accessibility used to open Google Pay in about 8 seconds, then suddenly and without any updates on my watch (as both play store and system auto-update is turned off) the accessibility feature stopped performing, hence I have to enable google pay manually every time. I am running Wear OS v2.6 on Oreo v8.0.0 and Pay Enabler v6 from the above link. When I uninstall Google Pay, it only gets disabled and it does not actually gets uninstalled. Appreciate if you can help.

krecoun

Jul 7, 2020
Hello, please how to install module into phone through Magisk manager? When I open the menu and select Modules, then I click on the button to browse for modules but it says that no application can perform this action... Thank you.

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
Hello, please how to install module into phone through Magisk manager? When I open the menu and select Modules, then I click on the button to browse for modules but it says that no application can perform this action... Thank you.
I assume you are talking about the watch...
You have to download a file manager from wear playstore (not all of them work with Magisk) or you can try to flash the module through twrp, but I never tried it so I don't know for sure if it would work

Sent from my SM-T720 using XDA Labs

krecoun

Jul 7, 2020
Can you please recommend a file manager? I tried one but no luck. I tried to flash this file through TWRP and it is not possible.

warrencoakley

May 1, 2014
Dublin
OreoPay4PieWear
version 1
Wear Magisk module to downgrade Google Pay on Wear OS Pie to Oreo version to bypass unsupported country message

This module if for all who updated their Wear OS devices to Pie and are locked out of Google Pay due to the Geo-location restrictions on the Pie version that are present for the wear but not the phone. This module will likely become obsolete once Google decides to deprecate the Oreo version of Google Pay and prevent the use of it. Hence please continue to support this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/bghqiq/just_talked_with_google_support_they_have_no_idea/

Instructions:
Install/Flash Magisk module: OreoPay4PieWear_v1.zip
Refrain from updating Google Pay in the play store
If accidentally updated, just uninstall updates on the play store page
Optional: Because using this module means that your device is rooted, use my version of PayEnabler attached that uses "pm enable" to re-enable and automatically start Google Pay instead of accessibility services when it gets automatically disabled.
Use Google Pay from unsupported countries on wear again

Changelogs:
v1 - Initial release

-----

RootPayEnabler

version 1
Wear application that uses root privileges to enable (if disabled) and open Google Pay automatically

Uses "pm enable" and root (apparently required) to enable Google Pay, then proceeds to open Google Pay

Demo:

Instructions:
Install and open app via ADB: RootPayEnabler.apk (adb install path/to/RootPayEnabler.apk)
On screens that cover the allow button, let the root request dialog to timeout and allow it manually in manager
Allow root access if not allowed yet and re-open the app
Open the app every time Google Pay is needed

Changelogs
v1 - Initial release

Hi. Can you give a more detailed response on how you rooted the watch and installed the apk? Thank you.

ashes

Oct 24, 2008
Braga
This is great, thanks.

But from time to time the Google Pay app get disabled again.
Did anyone find out what is triggering this?
Is it when the device connects directly to Wifi and google play services checks that we are on a unauthorized country?

I think of an app that can run in the background, or a contrab job, that check if the package is disabled, and enables it again.
@jarylc Did you thought on making this part of the magisk module ?

ashes

Oct 24, 2008
Braga
magisk-gpay-wearos-downgrade

So .. I decided to do it by myself

I created a new magisk module.
This will install the right google pay and will have a job running every 2 hours to enable the package.

In case you want, we can increase/decrease that time.

I will start testing in a daily basis and see how it goes.

Source code here: https://github.com/cinzas/magisk-gpay-wearos-downgrade

I'm also attaching the module in case you want to test it.

Attachments

• magisk-gpay-wearos-downgrade.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 58
Reactions: Frodas

ashes

Oct 24, 2008
Braga
So by installing this it will install GPay on my watch? Should I need to root my watch first?

Hi

I have been trying since this morning. I will publish a new one to enable every hour, but this is working fine :)

To install this on your device you need to have Magisk installed (so yes, root is needed).
What device do you have ?

warrencoakley

May 1, 2014
Dublin
Hi

I have been trying since this morning. I will publish a new one to enable every hour, but this is working fine :)

To install this on your device you need to have Magisk installed (so yes, root is needed).
What device do you have ?

I have a ticwatch pro.

What do you mean by publish one every hour? Why do you have to do that?

ashes

Oct 24, 2008
Braga
From time to time (didn't find the pattern yet), google detects that the gpay app is enabled on the phone and deactivates it.
I changed the module to turn it on every 30 mins (does not consume battery), so it is always available when you need it - no need to call an app to enable it :)

glenner05

Jul 4, 2007
antwerp
Can anybody link me to instructions how to root my ticwatch pro 4g?

edit: nevermind, i already found it. Rooted the watch and succesfully installed this magisk module. Set up my cards and working perfectly! I'll monitor if google pay still gets disabled, but at least it starts! Very happy now. Thanks for this module, great work...

Last edited:

Frodas

Mar 2, 2021
Hey. I have TicWatch Pro 2020 and I'm trying to sideload the OreoPay zip, but I get only error: Updater procces ended with ERROR : 127. Can u help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OreoPay4PieWear
    version 1

Instructions:
    1. Install/Flash Magisk module: OreoPay4PieWear_v1.zip
    2. Refrain from updating Google Pay in the play store
    3. If accidentally updated, just uninstall updates on the play store page
    4. Optional: Because using this module means that your device is rooted, use my version of PayEnabler attached that uses "pm enable" to re-enable and automatically start Google Pay instead of accessibility services when it gets automatically disabled.
    5. Use Google Pay from unsupported countries on wear again

Changelogs:
    v1 - Initial release

-----

RootPayEnabler
    UFDzF4b.png

version 1

Demo:

Instructions:
    1. Install and open app via ADB: RootPayEnabler.apk (adb install path/to/RootPayEnabler.apk)
    2. On screens that cover the allow button, let the root request dialog to timeout and allow it manually in manager
    3. Allow root access if not allowed yet and re-open the app
    4. Open the app every time Google Pay is needed

Changelogs
    v1 - Initial release
    magisk-gpay-wearos-downgrade

So .. I decided to do it by myself

I created a new magisk module.
    This will install the right google pay and will have a job running every 2 hours to enable the package.

In case you want, we can increase/decrease that time.

I will start testing in a daily basis and see how it goes.

Source code here: https://github.com/cinzas/magisk-gpay-wearos-downgrade

I'm also attaching the module in case you want to test it.