[Magisk][Module][Deprecated] Unified Hosts Adblocker

Search This thread

DavidEUS

Aug 25, 2008
Good day. I've spent some time and I've did workaround for actual versions of Magisk. It's not a best solution, but it works. Maybe I'll make a better one sometime later.

Version code in module bumped up, so you can update existing one.

Original module doesn't work because of changed location of systemless hosts file and missing wget in Magisk's busybox.

Also fixed version doesn't work with Magisk 20.0, because of broken ".core" symlink, but works with 20.1, where topjohnwu have fixed mistake.
Hi, I just installed the mod, with Magisk 20.1 and it doesn't give an error updating the host, but it doesn't block the ads.

freetushkan

Dec 24, 2011
Yes I have that module active, but somehow it does not block advertising.

Ok. Please, open terminal emulator and type this code:
Code:
su
ls -l "/sbin/.core/img/.core/hosts" "/sbin/.core/img/hosts/system/etc/hosts" "/system/etc/hosts" > /sdcard/uhab.txt
Then, send me file "/sdcard/uhab.txt".

Probably, you have "/sbin/.core/img/.core/hosts" as regular file (no "l" attribute), instead of symlink. If so, delete it and reboot phone.
I'll try update module soon, based on new template.

Last edited:

DavidEUS

Aug 25, 2008
Ok. Please, open terminal emulator and type this code:
Code:
su
ls -l "/sbin/.core/img/.core/hosts" "/sbin/.core/img/hosts/system/etc/hosts" "/system/etc/hosts" > /sdcard/uhab.txt
Then, send me file "/sdcard/uhab.txt".

Probably, you have "/sbin/.core/img/.core/hosts" as regular file (no "l" attribute), instead of symlink. If so, delete it and reboot phone.
I'll try update module soon, based on new template.
I follow the steps but I get an error. Do you see anything weird? Screenshot_2019-11-14-18-37-43-572_jackpal.androidterm.jpgScreenshot_2019-11-14-18-43-51-554_ru.dixl0f0s.unifiedhostsmanager.jpgScreenshot_2019-11-14-18-44-19-134_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpgIMG_20191114_184548.jpg

freetushkan

Dec 24, 2011
I just realized that due to the mod, I can't download audios, nor send files by whatsapp. If I deactivate the mod from Magisk if the downloads or sendings by whatsapp work.

Seems that something wrong with choosen filters or you should use a whitelist.
By default, Youtube view history doesn't work, so I've added whitelist regex:
Code:
(.+\.)?youtube\.com\s.*

DavidEUS

Aug 25, 2008
Seems that something wrong with choosen filters or you should use a whitelist.
By default, Youtube view history doesn't work, so I've added whitelist regex:
Code:
(.+\.)?youtube\.com\s.*
What can I do then to be able to send and receive (download) files by whatsapp or be able to see facebook links?
If I leave unchecked the mod and systemless hosts in Magisk everything works correctly but with ads.

P. D. Solved by unchecking the Social option in Unified Host Manager. I don't know how I haven't noticed before.

Thanks for your attention once again [emoji106]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8530624

This is one of the best modules for Magisk, it's a shame that it's been discontinued. One must-have Magisk module for me, until today :)

Top Liked Posts