[Magisk Module] Enable RAW capture for GCam

Search This thread
This Module enables RAW Capture on the Galaxy A30, and changes the camera Hardware Level from Limited to Full.

RAW Capture is required for most GCams to work.
For information about GCam, go to this thread. It's for the A20, but contains useful information.

How does it work?
It works by replacing the library located at /vendor/lib/libexynoscamera3.so with an edited one. For reverse engineering enthusiasts, here is the patch applied to the library.

Prerequisites
- Magisk v20.4 or newer
- Android 11 vendor and kernel (Not compatible with versions of the Eureka Kernel older than 9.0)

Installation
Install as a normal Magisk Module, through Magisk Manager or TWRP.

Troubleshooting
  • Camera doesn't work, shows Black Screen
    • Make sure you are using a compatible Android 11 kernel and vendor.
    • If this issue is happening after updating your firmware, please let me know.
  • Camera freezes in X app
    • This may be caused by this module. If it does, the only fix is to remove/disable it. So far I've only experienced this in a single app that scans QR codes.
Telegram
GitHub

Download

Last edited:
Reactions: SirKosichka

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
Wow, that seems like an promising approach ! Keep up the good work.
Any chance the patcher can be extended to Galaxy S10/20/21 ? or is that a completely different topic ?

Any chance the patcher can be extended to Galaxy S10/20/21 ? or is that a completely different topic ?
I just checked the library of the Galaxy S10 and yes, it should be possible. However, doesn't it already support RAW?

Last edited:
Reactions: flunkyball

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
However, doesn't it already support RAW?
On the stock rom it probably does.
For the S10/20 on LOS only standard and wide lens are accessable whereas the telephoto is not.
On the S10 for LOS 17.1 I therefore had a patched "libexynoscamera3.so" as well granting access to telephoto lens via gcam.

However for LOS 18.1/19.0 or even for my new phone the S20 I was not able to find any patched libs anymore since nobody took the effort of reverse engineering it as you did.

Would you be willing to make the necessary adaption for your patcher to successfully enable raw on all lenses for LOS 18.1/19 on the S10/20 ?

On the stock rom it probably does.
For the S10/20 on LOS only standard and wide lens are accessable whereas the telephoto is not.
On the S10 for LOS 17.1 I therefore had a patched "libexynoscamera3.so" as well granting access to telephoto lens via gcam.

However for LOS 18.1/19.0 or even for my new phone the S20 I was not able to find any patched libs anymore since nobody took the effort of reverse engineering it as you did.

Would you be willing to make the necessary adaption for your patcher to successfully enable raw on all lenses for LOS 18.1/19 on the S10/20 ?
Sure. Do you have Telegram?

Hridoyz

Dec 31, 2019
Bro will this mod work for Galaxy A30 (Android 11) ??
Edit: I'm sorry....for a moment I thought this mod for A20.....Sorry again. 😬😬😬😬

Last edited:

Ali1412

Oct 15, 2018
That's not really helpful. What is happening to make you say it doesn't work, black screen? What ROM are you using? What kernel? What vendor, the one that comes with the ROM, stock Android 11 vendor or a custom one? What camera apps did you try?
use stock rom and stock vendor and stock kernel android11 (ONE UI 3.1) and have black screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-012435_Camera2 Probe.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-012435_Camera2 Probe.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20220307-012444_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-012444_Camera.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update released. Module should now work fine on latest firmware versions.
    This Module enables RAW Capture on the Galaxy A30, and changes the camera Hardware Level from Limited to Full.

RAW Capture is required for most GCams to work.
    For information about GCam, go to this thread. It's for the A20, but contains useful information.

How does it work?
    It works by replacing the library located at /vendor/lib/libexynoscamera3.so with an edited one. For reverse engineering enthusiasts, here is the patch applied to the library.

Prerequisites
    - Magisk v20.4 or newer
    - Android 11 vendor and kernel (Not compatible with versions of the Eureka Kernel older than 9.0)

Installation
    Install as a normal Magisk Module, through Magisk Manager or TWRP.

Troubleshooting
    • Camera doesn't work, shows Black Screen
      • Make sure you are using a compatible Android 11 kernel and vendor.
      • If this issue is happening after updating your firmware, please let me know.
    • Camera freezes in X app
      • This may be caused by this module. If it does, the only fix is to remove/disable it. So far I've only experienced this in a single app that scans QR codes.
    Telegram
    GitHub

Download
    I just checked the library of the Galaxy S10 and yes, it should be possible. However, doesn't it already support RAW?
    Version 2.1 of the module released, the biggest change is that there is no longer a need to change the Black Level in GCam settings, so GCams (or other camera apps) that don't have this option should now take photos without pink tint.

Full changes can be found here.
    That's not really helpful. What is happening to make you say it doesn't work, black screen? What ROM are you using? What kernel? What vendor, the one that comes with the ROM, stock Android 11 vendor or a custom one? What camera apps did you try?