[Magisk Module] Enable RAW capture for GCam (A20 & A20e)

Search This thread
This Module enables RAW Capture on the Galaxy A20 and Galaxy A20e, and changes the camera Hardware Level from Limited to Full.

RAW Capture is required for most GCams to work.
For information about GCam, go to this thread.

How does it work?
It replaces the camera library located at /vendor/lib/libexynoscamera3.so with a modified one.

Prerequisites
- Magisk v20.4 or newer
- Android 11 vendor and kernel (Not compatible with versions of the Eureka Kernel older than 9.0)

Installation
Install as a normal Magisk Module, through Magisk Manager or TWRP.

Troubleshooting
  • Camera doesn't work, shows Black Screen
    • Make sure you are using a compatible Android 11 kernel and vendor.
    • If this issue is happening after updating your firmware, please let me know.

Telegram
GitHub Repo

Download (Galaxy A20)
Download (Galaxy A20e)

Last edited:

Arthurcfsousa

Aug 13, 2018
great job, you should do one for the custom roms, i'm stuck on the samsung one cause this mod only works there, when i install in other roms the camera stops working

Arthurcfsousa

Aug 13, 2018
Did those ROMs ask you to flash a custom kernel/vendor? If that's the case i'd suggest to try in phhusson's AOSP GSI with stock Android R kernel and vendor.

I can't test it on my phone right now as i don't have enough free space to make a TWRP backup.
I installed the GSI version of dotos and It worked! Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-073517_Camera2_Probe.png
    Screenshot_20211207-073517_Camera2_Probe.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 219
After I flash and all of my phone's cameras is disappear. I'm using this rom
The kernel used by that ROM is using the camera drivers from Android Q, that's why it's not compatible with this module. You will have to use another kernel or build its kernel without this commit.

Edit: This module may work with the OneUI 3 variant of the Eureka Kernel, but you will most likely run into some issues. Feel free to try it and tell me if it worked or not.

Last edited:

Royna

Aug 23, 2018
Project Treble
Samsung Galaxy A6
@TBM 13
Hi, i am a member of the Eureka Team. As you may know, we make AOSP ROMs too, but we were using Q camera blobs on our vendor, till now, and we are going to switch to R camera blobs.
I'm wondering if we can use this module's library for our team's roms, we will credit you correctly. On our posts and etc.

@TBM 13
Hi, i am a member of the Eureka Team. As you may know, we make AOSP ROMs too, but we were using Q camera blobs on our vendor, till now, and we are going to switch to R camera blobs.
I'm wondering if we can use this module's library for our team's roms, we will credit you correctly. On our posts and etc.
Sure, go ahead.

Elsayed111

Jun 29, 2022
Do you work on this model?
If it works please give me the right way to do it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-134136_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-134136_Settings.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20220629-134211_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-134211_Settings.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 39

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Module enables RAW Capture on the Galaxy A20 and Galaxy A20e, and changes the camera Hardware Level from Limited to Full.

RAW Capture is required for most GCams to work.
    For information about GCam, go to this thread.

How does it work?
    It replaces the camera library located at /vendor/lib/libexynoscamera3.so with a modified one.

Prerequisites
    - Magisk v20.4 or newer
    - Android 11 vendor and kernel (Not compatible with versions of the Eureka Kernel older than 9.0)

Installation
    Install as a normal Magisk Module, through Magisk Manager or TWRP.

Troubleshooting
    • Camera doesn't work, shows Black Screen
      • Make sure you are using a compatible Android 11 kernel and vendor.
      • If this issue is happening after updating your firmware, please let me know.

Telegram
    GitHub Repo

Download (Galaxy A20)
    Download (Galaxy A20e)
    Do you work on this model?
    If it works please give me the right way to do it
    Yes, the module should work on any A20 and A20e model. Install it through Magisk.