[MAGISK] [MODULE] Enable stereo audio on Nexus 4

Cice96

May 9, 2012
I created this to enable audio from the front speaker.
This is a magisk module of this mod

WARNING
I am not responsible for any damage to your device, try at your own risk.

INSTALLATION
Flash from magisk manager or from recovery.

REQUIREMENTS
Tested on LineageOS 15.1

CHANGELOG
Code:
- 1.0 (24/07/18)
  Initial release
- 1.1 (25/07/18)
  Added support for roms with mixer_paths in System/etc  (older android versions)
- 1.2 (26/07/18)
  Minor fixes
  Module added to magisk repo
- 1.3 (15/09/18)
  Updated template to 17000
CREDITS
@VinciusG Nexus 4 mod
@sshafranko Original mod

Attachments

Last edited:

Cice96

May 9, 2012
Added new version 1.1 with support for devices with mixer_paths.xml in System/etc (untested).
Please report if it is working on Nougat and below.

Reactions: ugers

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
hello, i use lineage os 15.1 with stock lineage kernel and i don't know if i have "mixer_path.xml in system/etc"
wich version should i use? and (in case of fail or dislike) how can i reverse it?
thanks in advance for your comments.

-edit
installed the release version 1.0, this mod work really great! thanks op for your work!, although, the volume of the "front speaker" is low to compare with the back speaker, like 40% maybe 50% less.

Last edited:

Cice96

May 9, 2012
Use v1.1 as it supports both directories. System/etc was used in older android versione so i added support in case anyone needs it, even if it is untested as i use lineage 15.1 now.

Cice96

May 9, 2012
New v1.2 update released with small fixes on names.
Module has also been added to magisk repo so you can download it within magisk app.
Feedback from roms below oreo would be appreciated. Thanks

Cice96

May 9, 2012
hello, i use lineage os 15.1 with stock lineage kernel and i don't know if i have "mixer_path.xml in system/etc"
wich version should i use? and (in case of fail or dislike) how can i reverse it?
thanks in advance for your comments.

-edit
installed the release version 1.0, this mod work really great! thanks op for your work!, although, the volume of the "front speaker" is low to compare with the back speaker, like 40% maybe 50% less.
Increasing the volume should be possible but it might damage the device. I'll test higher volumes and in case update the module.

kikkerivers

Nov 20, 2011
Work on Android 7.1.2 (PureNexus ROM) but the difference in volume between the two speakers is remarkable.

PD: It's good to see that Nexus 4 has not been forgotten and still alive :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Labs

Paradoxumical

Jan 20, 2015
Tried it out on my LG V20, running LineageOS 15.1.
Sounds damn nice, haven't maxed out the volume just yet, but both treble and bass were crystal clear up to volume step nine out of fifteen.
No crackling, popping or snapping, no ViPER or other audio mods installed.

Cice96

May 9, 2012
Tried it out on my LG V20, running LineageOS 15.1.
Sounds damn nice, haven't maxed out the volume just yet, but both treble and bass were crystal clear up to volume step nine out of fifteen.
No crackling, popping or snapping, no ViPER or other audio mods installed.
Nice to see this mod working on other devices too.

KitsuneFoxy

Dec 14, 2014
Leicester
Works on my nex4 but volume is too low, and I don't know what the syatem uses in alsamixer to increase the earpiece volume up. Back speaker is fine as normal. So the stereo effect don't work. I am using marshmallow krexus build with quanta v 20.

Cice96

May 9, 2012
Works on my nex4 but volume is too low, and I don't know what the syatem uses in alsamixer to increase the earpiece volume up. Back speaker is fine as normal. So the stereo effect don't work. I am using marshmallow krexus build with quanta v 20.
I don't know this app and i don't know if it works with magisk. As i wrote before, increasing the volume too much could damage the phone and i didn't test a higher volume yet.

nAFutro

Feb 17, 2012
Thanks for making this module available for our good old Nexus 4.
I haven't used the N4 in a little while, there was a flashable zip created here at xda in the apps section. Is this using the same levels as that one? Feels like the volume can be bumped just a little bit higher or perhaps it is just my memory playing tricks.
Anyway, working fine using LOS15.1