[Magisk][Module] FireTV 4K Stick Add-Ons

Search This thread

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
Where did mouse toggle go ? What are we suppose to use in place of it ? I tried installing v1.10 but it doesn't work in magisk app nor xposed app ? what gives ?

sangddorai

Jan 16, 2020
How to perform In-app voice search ?

I installed GAPPS MM 1.3 on fw 6.2.6.8, and there is no problem with using google voice search at main home screen.

But, how can I use voice-search in any app with the app's search function ?
The search in the app always shows the same results in the main home screen.

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
running perfectly fine for me on 6.2.7.3 xposed also working great no issues here....The upgrade from 6.2.7.1 was also a breeze just reran your zip and it resetup all my stuff as if nothing ever happened .

only thing not working is google search on the homescreen but it didnt work on 6.2.7.1 either so no biggie

Last edited:

Donphillipe

Jun 23, 2014
Is the exploit still working if you allow the unit to upgrade to 6.2.7.3 before it's rooted? Otherwise how do you upgrade a rooted stick to 6.2.7.3?

gear0608

Nov 4, 2020
AFTV-MM-v20201101 bug

AFTV-MM-v20201101.zip How do I add a Bluetooth connection?
There is no device addition.

D

Deleted member 10423753

How can I add brazillian portuguese back to the menu?

UPDATE

managed to do it with
Code:
adb shell am start -a android.settings.LOCALE_SETTINGS

Last edited by a moderator:

murtzsch

May 10, 2014
Hi

I use my sticks with kodi/prime/netflix but I would like to disable as much useless apps as possible. I'm also using afwall+ to restrict internet access to a small set of apps.

I've been using some roms from https://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/development/1-0-debloated-rom-fire-tv-stick-4k-t4084947 and https://forum.xda-developers.com/fi...e-tv-stick-4k-mantis-prerooted-stock-t3983091

I've been wondering why, could you confirm I would obtain the same results by using the official ROM + your module ?
I'd prefer not to rely on those roms and be able to reproduce the "debloated" features myself and also automate my changes as I have 3 sticks and trying to keep them in sync.

I guess I could also ask in the related threads but I'd rather start here first ;)

Animizio

Aug 19, 2016
hey, whats the best way to get and update the firetvstick4k firmware? but i still want to use this addons after. So whats the best way? thanks

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
hey, whats the best way to get and update the firetvstick4k firmware? but i still want to use this addons after. So whats the best way? thanks
Best way to update is to flash 3 zips from TWRP recovery in sequence:
- update-kindle-mantis-NS6276_user_2933_0004396381572.zip
- Magisk-v20.4.zip
- AFTV-MM-v20201101.zip
you can do it by placing then in storage root (/sdcard) and with otg-cable, or with that script from root adb shell:
Code:
su
cat  <<  EOF  >  /cache/recovery/command
--update_package=$(ls -r1 /sdcard/update-*.zip | head -n 1)
--update_package=$(ls -r1 /sdcard/Magisk-*.zip | head -n 1)
--update_package=$(ls -r1 /sdcard/AFTV-MM-*.zip | head -n 1)
--wipe_cache
EOF
reboot recovery

Animizio

Aug 19, 2016
how to use this mod + google playstore? i just need the store to update my apps, i dont need any google search, google launcher, etc.
But i can only use this one or gapps, after restarting one of them is disabled. how to fix that? thanks

And another thing.. i cant activate modules in xposed. i cant use a mouse in xposed and if i try to activate with remote, he just opens the app/dashboard. i cant tick it. Are there any tips too for it? i just want to activate x edge pro in xposed..

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
how to use this mod + google playstore? i just need the store to update my apps, i dont need any google search, google launcher, etc.
But i can only use this one or gapps, after restarting one of them is disabled. how to fix that? thanks
You can't use both
And another thing.. i cant activate modules in xposed. i cant use a mouse in xposed and if i try to activate with remote, he just opens the app/dashboard. i cant tick it. Are there any tips too for it? i just want to activate x edge pro in xposed..
Try long OK )

SoulInfernoDE

Nov 20, 2014
- Magisk-v20.4.zip
- AFTV-MM-v20201101.zip
you can do it by placing then in storage root (/sdcard) and with otg-cable, or with that script from root adb shell:
Code:
su
cat  <<  EOF  >  /cache/recovery/command
--update_package=$(ls -r1 /sdcard/update-*.zip | head -n 1)
--update_package=$(ls -r1 /sdcard/Magisk-*.zip | head -n 1)
--update_package=$(ls -r1 /sdcard/AFTV-MM-*.zip | head -n 1)
--wipe_cache
EOF
reboot recovery

@tsynik

I am using @Pretoriano80 custom kernel alongside with SELinux Fix and NTFS/exFAT, etc support. I am getting ' error 127 ' when trying to install AFTV-MM-*.zip with TWRP. I have firmware version NS6.2.7.6/2933 installed from @July IGHOR

Second question is there a way to update and keep all those stuff active. Like the way you mentioned before but with the custom kernel and things.. :good:

murtzsch

May 10, 2014
@tsynik

I am using @Pretoriano80 custom kernel alongside with SELinux Fix and NTFS/exFAT, etc support. I am getting ' error 127 ' when trying to install AFTV-MM-*.zip with TWRP. I have firmware version NS6.2.7.6/2933 installed from @July IGHOR

I also had this issue, I fixed it by reinstalling Magisk-v21.1 just before the MM zip

Second question is there a way to update and keep all those stuff active. Like the way you mentioned before but with the custom kernel and things.. :good:

I'm also using the custom kernel and I would also like to automate the installation of all the packages and their configuration I'm using (custom kernel, f-droid, termux, afwall, kodi, etc...)
At the moment I do it with a backup of my main stick restored to the other ones but I'd rather maintain some kind of git repo with all the customization scripted in.

king200

Feb 13, 2012
- Magisk-v20.4.zip
- AFTV-MM-v20201101.zip

I did the update as suggested.

I have a problem that I cannot login to Google Play Store. I login with my email and password. "Success" but I can only login again. I tried AFTV-GAPPS-MM-v1.3.zip but that did not help. Before the update, I have no problem with PlayStore.

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
@tsynik
I am getting ' error 127 ' when trying to install AFTV-MM-*.zip with TWRP.[/MENTION]

Error in Magisk v21.1 - it will be fixed in next Magisk release (use 20.4 on install and update after if u want)

Yes, update form TWRP with added zips (fw / kernel / etc) not remove user's apps and settings.

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
I have a problem that I cannot login to Google Play Store. I login with my email and password. "Success" but I can only login again. I tried AFTV-GAPPS-MM-v1.3.zip but that did not help. Before the update, I have no problem with PlayStore.
This module (AFTV-MM) doesn't have Google Play Store support at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As we have unlocked bootloader on FiteTV 4K stick now, I made Magisk module, which disables OTA updates, and also includes some Google stuff:
    • Google Search for TV (2.2 or 3.13) with working Voice Input,
    • LeanbackOnFire (rockon999) Launcher - support Google Search and Android TV Recommendations,
    • Screen Rotation - allow set proper orientation for mobile Apps,
      [*]Buttons Remapper - allow choose Keyboard, reassign Home, switch between Apps and many more,
      [*]FireTVjack - allow reassign Home, set Language, and freeze stock KFTV Launcher,
    • LeanKey Keyboard Pro (it have multilingual support).
    Module also adds Russian language instead Portuguese (and Ukrainian instead Japanese) to FireTV Settings menu and have Russian Settings translation over android resources overlays (must be compatible with future OTA updates).

AFTV Add-Ons (Magisk Module) v20201218 (Fire OS 6.2.7.6 compatible)

Previous:
    =======
    GDrive (All files)

Tested on Fire TV 4K with FireOS 6.2.6.5 / 6.2.6.6 / 6.2.6.8 / 6.2.7.1 / 6.2.7.3 / 6.2.7.6 and Magisk 20.1-4/21.0. Still under development.

How to install:
    ===========
    - Unlock FireTV bootloader.
    - Install Magisk (stable) via TWRP!
    * don't ever do install / update Magisk over Magisk Manager on Fire TV 4K!
    - Boot to Fire OS and pass Amazon Registration screen
    - Check and install all current OS / Apps update in My Fire TV Settings section
    - Reboot to TWRP Recovery and install / update module (AFTV-MM-2.0.zip)
    * "adb shell reboot recovery" over adb or connect OTG cable with mouse and select Cancel on Power ON

How to update:
    ===========
    Just add new module version in Modules section of Magisk Manager (+) and press Reboot button after.
    You need to wait till autorestart on first boot after module update (implemented from v1.8 +).

To freeze stock Amazon launcher:
    ==========================
    adb connect FireTV IP (allow connection on TV)
    adb shell
    su
    settings put global frozenMode enabled
    reboot
    * KFTV Launcher will be auto-frozen if you'll enable AFTV-XM Xposed Module in Xposed Installer (Modules tab) and have any user launcher installed.

To choose LeanbackOnFire as default Home:
    ============================
    - Install Xposed Framework from Magisk Manager
    - Open Xposed Installer - Modules tab and activate AFTV-XM Module
    - Reboot

To enable Android TV Recommendations:
    ================================
    - Go to LeanbackOnFire Launcher Settings / Edit Apps Rows / Edit Rows and enable Recommendations Row there
    * in case there is toast about needed permissions, do over adb:

adb connect FireTV IP (allow connection on TV)
    adb shell
    su (grant root access on TV)
    pm grant com.amazon.tv.leanbacklauncher android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    pm disable com.amazon.device.sale.service
    reboot

Optional packages to disable:
    =============================
    pm disable com.amazon.ags.app
    pm disable com.amazon.alexashopping
    pm disable com.amazon.bueller.music
    pm disable com.amazon.bueller.photos # (used for screensaver)
    pm disable com.amazon.device.metrics
    pm disable com.amazon.device.sale.service # (must be disabled in case LeanbackOnFire recommendations are ON)
    pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota
    pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota.override
    pm disable com.amazon.firebat
    pm disable com.amazon.hedwig
    pm disable com.amazon.tahoe
    pm disable com.amazon.tv.alexanotifications
    pm disable com.amazon.tv.fw.metrics
    pm disable com.amazon.wirelessmetrics.service
    pm disable com.android.documentsui
    GSearch
    =======
    You can use Voice Input in ATV apps (press on-screen mic and long-press mic on remote and speak)
    You can assign ASSIST (keycode 219) in Xposed Edge Pro or other remapper apps to Voice remote button

===
    P.S. In case something went wrong You can always do factory reset, remove Module or uninstall / reinstall Magisk and your system will back to full stock - no files in /system partition changed by module.

Have Fun!
    I updated AFTV-MM Magisk Module with Google Search 2.2 which works on current (6.2.7.1) firmware.
    Doesn't work properly for me. Seems to install fine, but nothing happens.
    I've updated module and instructions how to setup. Read 1st post.
    AFTV-MM v1.8 TINY | FOTA
    ===========
    Changes:
    - enabled Adoptable and External storage support
    - fix for [unknown-device] in Russian locale
    - addons / fixes in Russian locale strings
    * recheck AFTV-XM module in Xposed Installer (Modules tab) after second boot in case there is no launcher switch
    * wait till auto-reboot on first launch after update
    For anyone interested in debug options: you can enable KFTV Launcher Debug menu (accessible via HUD).
    To enable:
    - Install MagiskHide Props Config module from repo
    - Install busybox module from repo
    - Reboot and override those options with props command via shell:
    ro.debuggable=0 to ro.debuggable=1
    ro.build.type=user to ro.build.type=userdebug

Have fun!