[Magisk][Module] FireTV 4K Stick Add-Ons

Search This thread

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
For those who want add playstore and google services in that manner (in addition to AFTV-MM), I suggest do not install full opengapps tvmini (it doesn't fit sysem and have broken launcher / tvsearch 5.6 and unbooable ROM after reset to factory settings in case leanbacklauncher exists in priv-app), but only essential packages from it. gapps-config.txt and tvsearch v4.5 on my GDrive under google/opengapps. place gapps-config.txt + open_gapps-arm-7.1-tvmini-XXXXXX.zip + update_katniss-4.5.zip in /sdcard and flash from recovery in addition to AFTV-MM.
Use fix_accounts.sh to remove stale google credentials from device if you can't login to Google. It will work on any fw, tesed with 6.2.7.1 / 6.2.7.3 / 6.2.7.6 / 6.2.7.7.
Hi @tsynik !
Thank you for giving me hope to finally get gapps on my 4k stick :)

I have a few Question :)

(1) >google/opengapps
I cannot find that folder on your gdrive, gdrive showsseveral magisk & exposed folders but no google folder. Can you give me the right direction?

(2) >open_gapps-arm-7.1-tvmini-XXXXXX.zip
okay downloaded current version from open gapps, CHECK thats the one, right? 96 Mbyte...

(3) >update_katniss-4.5.zip
where would i find that file?

(4) can this only work together with AFTV-MM or is this independent to gain gapss on 6.2.7.1 ... 6.2.7.7 ?

(5) do you have an idea if it also works on 6-2-8-0 ?

It would be great if you can find the time to help me out :)

Thanks!!!!

Ender

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
Hi @tsynik !
Thank you for giving me hope to finally get gapps on my 4k stick :)

I have a few Question :)

(1) >google/opengapps
I cannot find that folder on your gdrive, gdrive showsseveral magisk & exposed folders but no google folder. Can you give me the right direction?

(2) >open_gapps-arm-7.1-tvmini-XXXXXX.zip
okay downloaded current version from open gapps, CHECK thats the one, right? 96 Mbyte...

(3) >update_katniss-4.5.zip
where would i find that file?

(4) can this only work together with AFTV-MM or is this independent to gain gapss on 6.2.7.1 ... 6.2.7.7 ?

(5) do you have an idea if it also works on 6-2-8-0 ?

It would be great if you can find the time to help me out :)

Thanks!!!!

Ender
@tsynik
Okay i would still be *very* thankful if you can reuoload those files and / or add clarity for a noob like me but i *somehow* got it working (although crippled) on 6.2.8.0 ! (Yay)

FYI:

xda link to 6.2.8.0 thread

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
AFTV-MM-V20210409.ZIP i get error when trying to install the most current says unable to open zip file downloaded 8 times with the same results .

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
Is there any solution?
You are screwed .. I did this to mine if you look at my post in the general section . It will no longer read when trying to short pin . Seems as if once you update magisk within the os it rewrites the boot partition . Unable to find a solution . I bought another stick and rerooted I learned from this mistake the hardway.

Oct 19, 2007
Florida
You are screwed .. I did this to mine if you look at my post in the general section . It will no longer read when trying to short pin . Seems as if once you update magisk within the os it rewrites the boot partition . Unable to find a solution . I bought another stick and rerooted I learned from this mistake the hardway.
He's not totally screwed. I did the same dumb thing and I had to short it and while still connected with fast boot copy over a pre rooted rom I found on this site. Then I connected with OTG mouse and was able to install the rom. It was a PITA but I learned my lesson.

tokoam

Jun 24, 2007
Plantation
He's not totally screwed. I did the same dumb thing and I had to short it and while still connected with fast boot copy over a pre rooted rom I found on this site. Then I connected with OTG mouse and was able to install the rom. It was a PITA but I learned my lesson.
maybe you got lucky It would no longer short after this point tried for several hours .

squaleca1974

Mar 8, 2022
i installed like the first 10 downloads and upon reboot i get the logo then just goes to black screen how do i fix this?

Toothless_NEO

Aug 24, 2017
Does anyone know how to get the permissions working for the ATV settings app without the Xposed module? I don't want to use the module since I already have Launcher Hijack and I still want to be able to go back to the Stock launcher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As we have unlocked bootloader on FiteTV 4K stick now, I made Magisk module, which disables OTA updates, and also includes some Google stuff:
    • Google Search for TV (2.2 or 3.13) with working Voice Input,
    • LeanbackOnFire (rockon999) Launcher - support Google Search and Android TV Recommendations,
    • Screen Rotation - allow set proper orientation for mobile Apps,
      [*]Buttons Remapper - allow choose Keyboard, reassign Home, switch between Apps and many more,
      [*]FireTVjack - allow reassign Home, set Language, and freeze stock KFTV Launcher,
    • LeanKey Keyboard Pro (it have multilingual support).
    Module also adds Russian language instead Portuguese (and Ukrainian instead Japanese) to FireTV Settings menu and have Russian Settings translation over android resources overlays (must be compatible with future OTA updates).

AFTV Add-Ons (Magisk Module) v20201218 (Fire OS 6.2.7.6 compatible)

Previous:
    =======
    GDrive (All files)

Tested on Fire TV 4K with FireOS 6.2.6.5 / 6.2.6.6 / 6.2.6.8 / 6.2.7.1 / 6.2.7.3 / 6.2.7.6 and Magisk 20.1-4/21.0. Still under development.

How to install:
    ===========
    - Unlock FireTV bootloader.
    - Install Magisk (stable) via TWRP!
    * don't ever do install / update Magisk over Magisk Manager on Fire TV 4K!
    - Boot to Fire OS and pass Amazon Registration screen
    - Check and install all current OS / Apps update in My Fire TV Settings section
    - Reboot to TWRP Recovery and install / update module (AFTV-MM-2.0.zip)
    * "adb shell reboot recovery" over adb or connect OTG cable with mouse and select Cancel on Power ON

How to update:
    ===========
    Just add new module version in Modules section of Magisk Manager (+) and press Reboot button after.
    You need to wait till autorestart on first boot after module update (implemented from v1.8 +).

To freeze stock Amazon launcher:
    ==========================
    adb connect FireTV IP (allow connection on TV)
    adb shell
    su
    settings put global frozenMode enabled
    reboot
    * KFTV Launcher will be auto-frozen if you'll enable AFTV-XM Xposed Module in Xposed Installer (Modules tab) and have any user launcher installed.

To choose LeanbackOnFire as default Home:
    ============================
    - Install Xposed Framework from Magisk Manager
    - Open Xposed Installer - Modules tab and activate AFTV-XM Module
    - Reboot

To enable Android TV Recommendations:
    ================================
    - Go to LeanbackOnFire Launcher Settings / Edit Apps Rows / Edit Rows and enable Recommendations Row there
    * in case there is toast about needed permissions, do over adb:

adb connect FireTV IP (allow connection on TV)
    adb shell
    su (grant root access on TV)
    pm grant com.amazon.tv.leanbacklauncher android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    pm disable com.amazon.device.sale.service
    reboot

Optional packages to disable:
    =============================
    pm disable com.amazon.ags.app
    pm disable com.amazon.alexashopping
    pm disable com.amazon.bueller.music
    pm disable com.amazon.bueller.photos # (used for screensaver)
    pm disable com.amazon.device.metrics
    pm disable com.amazon.device.sale.service # (must be disabled in case LeanbackOnFire recommendations are ON)
    pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota
    pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota.override
    pm disable com.amazon.firebat
    pm disable com.amazon.hedwig
    pm disable com.amazon.tahoe
    pm disable com.amazon.tv.alexanotifications
    pm disable com.amazon.tv.fw.metrics
    pm disable com.amazon.wirelessmetrics.service
    pm disable com.android.documentsui
    GSearch
    =======
    You can use Voice Input in ATV apps (press on-screen mic and long-press mic on remote and speak)
    You can assign ASSIST (keycode 219) in Xposed Edge Pro or other remapper apps to Voice remote button

===
    P.S. In case something went wrong You can always do factory reset, remove Module or uninstall / reinstall Magisk and your system will back to full stock - no files in /system partition changed by module.

Have Fun!
    I updated AFTV-MM Magisk Module with Google Search 2.2 which works on current (6.2.7.1) firmware.
    Doesn't work properly for me. Seems to install fine, but nothing happens.
    I've updated module and instructions how to setup. Read 1st post.
    AFTV-MM v1.8 TINY | FOTA
    ===========
    Changes:
    - enabled Adoptable and External storage support
    - fix for [unknown-device] in Russian locale
    - addons / fixes in Russian locale strings
    * recheck AFTV-XM module in Xposed Installer (Modules tab) after second boot in case there is no launcher switch
    * wait till auto-reboot on first launch after update
    For anyone interested in debug options: you can enable KFTV Launcher Debug menu (accessible via HUD).
    To enable:
    - Install MagiskHide Props Config module from repo
    - Install busybox module from repo
    - Reboot and override those options with props command via shell:
    ro.debuggable=0 to ro.debuggable=1
    ro.build.type=user to ro.build.type=userdebug

Have fun!