[MAGISK] [MODULE] Font Manager for Emojis and Fonts

Search This thread

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Melbourne
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
OOS specific issue sounds like. We don't currently test against OOS but other than a couple apps not showing bold fonts I'm personally using this module on Android 13 on a pixel.
Thanks for that. Perhaps a disclaimer in the OP post about OxygenOS would be helpful to some of us.

Hopefully v6 offers better support.

Tom Mix

Oct 7, 2007
1) We're not in the business of supporting outdated modules.
indeed, you are in the business creating outdated modules forever, praise google for that, it is not your fault and you can not change that! how crazy is that?
2) Always been that way. Why is an issue now?
assuming this regards the internet-connection: i eny your 'always-anytime-forever-connected-life' i have to do local backups, save resources. i guess this sounds boring or silly for you, but i have to.
3) Yours is the first report we've received in awhile and if nobody reports bugs then we can't fix them.
i am very proud of that! changing a device happens only all 1825days or later. furthermore i created a magisk-module to install the font on my phone. so i say thank you for your failing code so i was forced to solve it by myself. it was a great experience. unfortunately i can not provide logs since i deleted all font_manager related files. sorry.

androidacy

Apr 1, 2019
www.androidacy.com
indeed, you are in the business creating outdated modules forever, praise google for that, it is not your fault and you can not change that! how crazy is that?

assuming this regards the internet-connection: i eny your 'always-anytime-forever-connected-life' i have to do local backups, save resources. i guess this sounds boring or silly for you, but i have to.
i am very proud of that! changing a device happens only all 1825days or later. furthermore i created a magisk-module to install the font on my phone. so i say thank you for your failing code so i was forced to solve it by myself. it was a great experience. unfortunately i can not provide logs since i deleted all font_manager related files. sorry.
Your sarcasm really isn't appreciated nor necessary. However, we're happy you've found a solution instead of trying to help us pinpoint the problem and wish you luck in using it instead.

• Sad
Reactions: Tom Mix

Tom Mix

Oct 7, 2007
A question when you apply a font, why doesn't it do it in
sorry for the confusion with the posts,
it seems posts are lost
i already posted a more complete answer before!

short answer:
because android is developed that way 🤡

long answer:
since the very beginning android lacks the possibility
to let the user choose and set a font for the device
although this is declared as a 'modern' operating system
and the more modern this 'os' turns the more difficult
it gets to 'hack' fonts 🤓
flashable-zip-fonts or magisk-modules exist because of that restriction!
nowadays apks include 'apk-enforced-fonts' ignoring the system font
and a simple 'use system font' option is missing too 🤔
edit: except a very very few apks having that option ‼️

at the moment no magisk-module can change that
and it is unclear if it ever will 🐹 ♾️

all this, the very whole topic, only exists because
from the perspective of the user it is condescending, disrespectful
and humiliating to not be able to choose and set a font one favours,
can read and view best! just like setting a wallpaper or ringtone! 🛎️
can this be called an achievement, or can be said: well done 🎉 🥳 ⁉️

Reactions: DjBastard

sand_man

May 9, 2008
Johannesburg
5.7.6 out… got me very excited, I must say. Alas, still no dice on OnePlus 7T Pro A12

Installed font only effects bold text… I could cry…

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
5.7.6. doesn't play nice with play store, or at a glance widget . I'll try to get logs, but the short of it is that when I try to open the weather from at a glance, Google app crashes. Same thing when I open the play store and click on the "manage apps & device". Crash. This started happening once I updated to the latest from v5.7.2-121.

Pixel 5
Android 13
Rooted with most current Magisk.

Attachments

• Log_2022-12-12_16-14-51.txt
    11 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

androidacy

Apr 1, 2019
www.androidacy.com
5.7.6. doesn't play nice with play store, or at a glance widget . I'll try to get logs, but the short of it is that when I try to open the weather from at a glance, Google app crashes. Same thing when I open the play store and click on the "manage apps & device". Crash. This started happening once I updated to the latest from v5.7.2-121.

Pixel 5
Android 13
Rooted with most current Magisk.
Cannot reproduce, pixel 6 pro, android 13, magisk canary.

I'll forward the logs to the appropriate people but we've only received a couple reports of crashing and currently cannot reproduce on our test devices

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on OOS 12.1 (Oneplus 7t). Yeah it's mixed. Status bar and notification text is working, but it doesn't apply in most apps consistently. E.g. Google maps is mostly not applied, but it applies to interstate road names ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Tried font manager on OOS13, same thing as you, very limited font that is changed.

I hope that it can be fixed.
    A question: do Font manager replace the system font in system/fonts , roboto? (with a backup of course)

EDIT: I checked, and yes it does.
    Say hello to the all new Font Manager!
    The best all in one solution for your font and emoji needs.

Hello, it's us again and we're back with another module: Fontifier. This module will guaranteed revive any device with its 200+ available fonts and Emojis or your money back! (If only you had paid for it).

In all seriousness though, this module has a lot of fonts and Emojis to choose from and as such the possibilities are endless! More are coming soon.

This module has a simple, easy to use terminal interface to control it. This means it requires a terminal emulator such as Termux. To use it after installing simply run
    Code:
    su -c manage_fonts
    and follow the on-screen instructions.

The module is now out in stable and you can use it with confidence!

Currently it does not support user provided fonts or font patching, this may change in the future but it's a rather low priority!

Read about it:

Links

Website and blog is at https://www.androidacy.com
    Donations are here
    Beta/alphas: see zips link
    ZIPs: click me
    Telegram: Androidacy Discussions
    Discord: here

John Fawkes neither endorsed nor developed this module. Fonts and Emojis used in the initial release were packaged by John Fawkes.
    You asked for it, we made it!

New release of Fontifier!

Changelog for v2.0:
    - Change name from FontRevival to Fontifier
    - Misc bug fixes

Grab the latest here.
    Module works great in Pixel Experience A11 ROM. I'm unsure if only for me https://www.androidacy.com/font-previewer/ doesn't show even a single font preview
    Anyways., Wishing for Cagliostro font
    It's broken currently, and as part of stage 2 of Androidacy-NEXT will be reworked anyway.
    My site, my filehost, my GitLab, and my Bitwarden instance have been having issues the past few days but that's stable now!

As a reminder I will be posting updates on my blog on my main site and past zips can be downloaded at my filehost. In addition, my GitLab hosts my beta source code.