[MAGISK] [MODULE] Font Manager for Emojis and Fonts

Search This thread

androidacy

Apr 1, 2019
www.androidacy.com
it was once a nice module but now one should avoid such.
because:
- installing a backed up zip from local storage is not possible
[what is the intention of androidacy to sabotage such method?]
- there has to be an active internet-connection
- log is full of 404 and api and token errors
good luck!
1) We're not in the business of supporting outdated modules.
2) Always been that way. Why is an issue now?
3) Yours is the first report we've received in awhile and if nobody reports bugs then we can't fix them.

androidacy

Apr 1, 2019
www.androidacy.com
Thanks for the new release.

With 5.7.1, fonts only change on the Status Bar (lightweight) and the Settings menu (regular weight). Not the launcher, not the browser, and not the apps (including Google apps).

OnePlus 9 Pro, OxygenOS13 beta 2, and no other font modules on Magisk.
OOS specific issue sounds like. We don't currently test against OOS but other than a couple apps not showing bold fonts I'm personally using this module on Android 13 on a pixel.

Tom Mix

Oct 7, 2007
1) We're not in the business of supporting outdated modules.
indeed, you are in the business creating outdated modules forever, praise google for that, it is not your fault and you can not change that! how crazy is that?
2) Always been that way. Why is an issue now?
assuming this regards the internet-connection: i eny your 'always-anytime-forever-connected-life' i have to do local backups, save resources. i guess this sounds boring or silly for you, but i have to.
3) Yours is the first report we've received in awhile and if nobody reports bugs then we can't fix them.
i am very proud of that! changing a device happens only all 1825days or later. furthermore i created a magisk-module to install the font on my phone. so i say thank you for your failing code so i was forced to solve it by myself. it was a great experience. unfortunately i can not provide logs since i deleted all font_manager related files. sorry.

androidacy

Apr 1, 2019
www.androidacy.com
Font Manager Update v5.7.2 - ready for you!

androidacy

Apr 1, 2019
www.androidacy.com
indeed, you are in the business creating outdated modules forever, praise google for that, it is not your fault and you can not change that! how crazy is that?

assuming this regards the internet-connection: i eny your 'always-anytime-forever-connected-life' i have to do local backups, save resources. i guess this sounds boring or silly for you, but i have to.
i am very proud of that! changing a device happens only all 1825days or later. furthermore i created a magisk-module to install the font on my phone. so i say thank you for your failing code so i was forced to solve it by myself. it was a great experience. unfortunately i can not provide logs since i deleted all font_manager related files. sorry.
Your sarcasm really isn't appreciated nor necessary. However, we're happy you've found a solution instead of trying to help us pinpoint the problem and wish you luck in using it instead.

• Sad
Reactions: Tom Mix

Tom Mix

Oct 7, 2007
A question when you apply a font, why doesn't it do it in
sorry for the confusion with the posts,
it seems posts are lost
i already posted a more complete answer before!

short answer:
because android is developed that way 🤡

long answer:
since the very beginning android lacks the possibility
to let the user choose and set a font for the device
although this is declared as a 'modern' operating system
and the more modern this 'os' turns the more difficult
it gets to 'hack' fonts 🤓
flashable-zip-fonts or magisk-modules exist because of that restriction!
nowadays apks include 'apk-enforced-fonts' ignoring the system font
and a simple 'use system font' option is missing too 🤔
edit: except a very very few apks having that option ‼️

at the moment no magisk-module can change that
and it is unclear if it ever will 🐹 ♾️

all this, the very whole topic, only exists because
from the perspective of the user it is condescending, disrespectful
and humiliating to not be able to choose and set a font one favours,
can read and view best! just like setting a wallpaper or ringtone! 🛎️
can this be called an achievement, or can be said: well done 🎉 🥳 ⁉️

Reactions: DjBastard

sand_man

May 9, 2008
Johannesburg
5.7.6 out… got me very excited, I must say. Alas, still no dice on OnePlus 7T Pro A12

Installed font only effects bold text… I could cry…

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
5.7.6. doesn't play nice with play store, or at a glance widget . I'll try to get logs, but the short of it is that when I try to open the weather from at a glance, Google app crashes. Same thing when I open the play store and click on the "manage apps & device". Crash. This started happening once I updated to the latest from v5.7.2-121.

Pixel 5
Android 13
Rooted with most current Magisk.

Attachments

• Log_2022-12-12_16-14-51.txt
    11 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

androidacy

Apr 1, 2019
www.androidacy.com
5.7.6. doesn't play nice with play store, or at a glance widget . I'll try to get logs, but the short of it is that when I try to open the weather from at a glance, Google app crashes. Same thing when I open the play store and click on the "manage apps & device". Crash. This started happening once I updated to the latest from v5.7.2-121.

Pixel 5
Android 13
Rooted with most current Magisk.
Cannot reproduce, pixel 6 pro, android 13, magisk canary.

I'll forward the logs to the appropriate people but we've only received a couple reports of crashing and currently cannot reproduce on our test devices

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The module is now deprecated. But don't worry - there's an app now!

Meet the font manager app. Featuring an easy to use MD3 design, it supports over 300 fonts and emojis, plus any local files!

Find it on Google Play at

Purchase premium on our website to remove ads and unlock extra features (account link required):

We welcome feedback, but please always be respectful and remember the human.

Please keep all discussion civil. It's okay to not like something, but flame wars are pointless and will be reported. When reporting bugs or giving feedback, please be specific and give actionable feedback.

For example, don't:

THIS APP IS TRASH. Kept crashing. Piece of 💩 devs!

Instead, do:

Hey! Whenever I try to install <x> font from screen <x> the app crashes. My device is <x> running <x>.

This helps everyone out, including us! We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

We may not be as active on xda but we do monitor the thread, and community members are always happy to help!

For faster live support, you may try out our chat on Telegram.
    I put in an issue in Github and immediately was responded with cannot reproduce. They closed my issue as well. That seemed a little fishy. I have a Google Pixel 7 Pro. After installing V5.7.6, I open Play Store app. Then go to Settings and click on Manage apps and device, Play Store force closes every time. I uninstall the Font manager module and issue is gone.

PS Reading back, I see I am not the only one having this issue, so much for cannot reproduce.

Not only is their website so user unfriendly, the same goes for the new app. They completely cripple the functionality of the app unless you allow their awful full screen intrusive ads like a mobile game, unless however you purchase the premium version of the app.

On top of that, they want you to pay monthly so they don't slow down or limit the number of Magisk modules you can download from their repository if you have an ad blocker. Allowing ads once again shows horrible intrusive fullscreen ads! Imagine that, making money of off other developer's work because they put it in a nice little convenient package.

I always purchase the premium version of apps if I love them. But with the notoriety of this developer and how they force you to use their app and make the terminal based module useless is a completely ****ty thing to do to your users. If they made AMM a one time premium and let you download with no limits on their app I would have considered purchasing premium for doing a nice service after the original Magisk module repository went down

Begone with you and ptewy to your website and app! Uninstalling and will figure out how to make the old module work myself.
    And fyi, the module was a HUGE money drainer. The bandwidth associated with the module numbered in the terabytes some months, and the API that it used was not designed to handle the millions of requests it was seeing. We instead chose to focus on our app, and will of course continuously improve it.

The module has been deprecated since September, with a notice on the README informing of the upcoming app, so this shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

As for AMM, we hope to have a beta ready before 2024.

When your business model is to annoy the hell out of users (like on your website) for money, you lose. With a combination of scripts and adblockers which I won't mention, it was easy to bypass all your restrictions. You understand the situation with YouTube right?
    I have no problems with ads. It's when they become intrusive, annoying fullscreen unskippable. Sometimes malicious such as the ads in your app and website

If you really cared about the users using your app, you would not be so defensive. Your business model will lose money the more you push people away. Here's something you can do and I'll give it to you for free (after you watch this 1 minute ad):

Your app is useless when ads are blocked and even when it has no Internet connection. You can't install fonts or even open the damn settings page. The app is completely useless with ads blocked or when there's no Internet connection. instead of forcing people to buy the app by annoying them, give them something worth their money.

What you should do, keep the ads, just not as annoying and intrusive. No more fullscreen unskippable ads. Keep them at the top and bottom of the app and if you want even on the installer like you have now. Limit the number of fonts you can have downloaded or installed daily if you want. Or only allow certain fonts for free users. You can use this to collaborate with font designers or licensers to share a piece of the premium cake by offering a free font weekly.

Lock installing and converting custom fonts behind a premium including no ads. Lock previews if you want, to save on API calls. Immediately, your app becomes the most superior font installing app with a GUI and constant updates and support. I would definitely spend my money on that . You won't push people away and they will consider supporting the app. When you restrict the people that are using adblockers, you already lost them. So why not make their time worth it and take their money this way instead.
    Not only is their website so user unfriendly, the same goes for the new app. They completely cripple the functionality of the app unless you allow their awful full screen intrusive ads like a mobile game, unless however you purchase the premium version of the app.

On top of that, they want you to pay monthly so they don't slow down or limit the number of Magisk modules you can download from their repository if you have an ad blocker. Allowing ads once again shows horrible intrusive fullscreen ads! Imagine that, making money of off other developer's work because they put it in a nice little convenient package.

I always purchase the premium version of apps if I love them. But with the notoriety of this developer and how they force you to use their app and make the terminal based module useless is a completely ****ty thing to do to your users. If they made AMM a one time premium and let you download with no limits on their app I would have considered purchasing premium for doing a nice service after the original Magisk module repository went down

Begone with you and ptewy to your website and app! Uninstalling and will figure out how to make the old module work myself.
    Amen. I look forward to the module. This app is awful lol

MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT

THREAD CLEANED

We're sorry you feel that way, but a one time fee is not sustainable for us. We intend to release a much improved version of AMM in beta soon, but no timeline.

The old module depends on an API we don't maintain anymore because it wasn't designed to handle the usage we see daily. We also received a lot of feedback asking for an app, so that's what we made.

We make money to cover the service WE provide. The modules themselves have no advertising or modifications. The bandwidth, API operations, support and development personnel, all of that costs us very real money.

And besides that - EVERY developer deserves something for their work. It's why we have programs such as our revenue sharing program. Attitudes like this from users are exactly why so many developers quit. Because there's just some users that think any price is too much, no matter how much value they get in return.

We're sorry you don't like the direction we go. But it works best for all parties involved in the long run, so it's not changing.
    And check all the analytics they scrape from you when you open the app. The list is extensive. So pretty much a personal tracker that you pay for every month 🤣
    You can't make this s*it up 😵💫

If you argue that people find the terminal hard to use and that your reasons were genuine, you would have kept the module working.
    And on top of that, it would made you app more popular as people who found the terminal to hard would go for your app instead. But you didn't, and people see you for what you are. Prove me wrong.

As explained above, the module uses an API we no longer maintain. In addition, it's been deprecated and unmaintained for months, almost entirely lacked android 13+ support, and we have our own reasons for discontinuing it (mostly due to technical debt and cost to run).

Once again, we're sorry you feel this way. But the app is free, we only use Firebase analytics to track user counts and installs, and having a subscription is optional if you want to remove ads and unlock extra themes.

Not much if this is true or genuine. And don't play the victim card. It's pretty clear that you've lost all your credibility.
    You could make module without the API and enable the option for offline font install , the option is already there but wasn't completed for unknown reasons.
    I'm not sure what you think you're accomplishing tbh.

If you don't like the app, use something else. I personally won't stop you nor will I cry if you do. We make and maintain things that work well for us and the majority of our users.

I'll reiterate, we're sorry the app doesn't work for you, and apparently the module worked better for you. But we're not going to invest time and effort in a terminal based module that most users don't seem to prefer, and just because YOU don't see that cost doesn't mean there isn't one.

Aaaaand androidacy have blocked my review of the app. 😃🙏
    Hiding the evidence, what a scum move.
    We don't have the power to hide reviews, only Google does. Evidently, they found it spammy or something 😉

Of course there is cost when you bs the users, instead of having the module in parallel. No wonder you are in economic crisis, you know there are books and stuff in economics.

And seeing that my review (before you pulled it) the ONLY review in total tells us that noone is using it.
    Once again, we cannot and did not delete your review. Plus, Google only shows reviews if enough reviews match your device and Android version. You are completely free to verify this yourself with Google support documentation.

Will do.

You have a serious issue with your apps and I really hope you fix it soon. The problem is not about the fee which you always try to direct users feedback to, the problem is about the app or apps. Poorly coded, very slow loading, endless crashes, ads (can be understandable), and extensive trackers (not only firebase analytics as you mentioned, I found Sentry trackers with thousands of entries).

You and I had this very same discussion about Androidacy Module Manager at least 2 times before, on XDA and Telegram. Unfortunately you don't even want to acknowledge the main issue which is the problematic app design.

Good luck with your model.
    Font Manager doesn't use Sentry, and AMM no longer does either. We simply use MD3 design guidelines, so if you don't like MD3, then unfortunately you most likely will not like our apps. However, it's Google's own design guidelines, so we chose to follow them.

Both font manager and AMM have average loading times of under four seconds. Of course, a number of factors can impact this, and do that time can vary.

Crashes on FoxMMM/AMM were mostly due to a large, convoluted, and undocumented codebase, but that's neither here nor there and not appropriate for this thread.

Of course there is cost when you bs the users, instead of having the module in parallel. No wonder you are in economic crisis, you know there are books and stuff in economics.

And seeing that my review (before you pulled it) the ONLY review in total tells us that noone is using it.
    And fyi, the module was a HUGE money drainer. The bandwidth associated with the module numbered in the terabytes some months, and the API that it used was not designed to handle the millions of requests it was seeing. We instead chose to focus on our app, and will of course continuously improve it.

The module has been deprecated since September, with a notice on the README informing of the upcoming app, so this shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

You can write all you want about things that is un-verify able, especially since you obviously lost all your credibility.
    Once again, we're sorry you're not happy with the new app. But perhaps instead of throwing a fit to try to get the module back, you could provide specific and actionable feedback on improving the app.

When your business model is to annoy the hell out of users (like on your website) for money, you lose. With a combination of scripts and adblockers which I won't mention, it was easy to bypass all your restrictions. You understand the situation with YouTube right?
    I have no problems with ads. It's when they become intrusive, annoying fullscreen unskippable. Sometimes malicious such as the ads in your app and website

If you really cared about the users using your app, you would not be so defensive. Your business model will lose money the more you push people away. Here's something you can do and I'll give it to you for free (after you watch this 1 minute ad):

Your app is useless when ads are blocked and even when it has no Internet connection. You can't install fonts or even open the damn settings page. The app is completely useless with ads blocked or when there's no Internet connection. instead of forcing people to buy the app by annoying them, give them something worth their money.

What you should do, keep the ads, just not as annoying and intrusive. No more fullscreen unskippable ads. Keep them at the top and bottom of the app and if you want even on the installer like you have now. Limit the number of fonts you can have downloaded or installed daily if you want. Or only allow certain fonts for free users. You can use this to collaborate with font designers or licensers to share a piece of the premium cake by offering a free font weekly.

Lock installing and converting custom fonts behind a premium including no ads. Lock previews if you want, to save on API calls. Immediately, your app becomes the most superior font installing app with a GUI and constant updates and support. I would definitely spend my money on that . You won't push people away and they will consider supporting the app. When you restrict the people that are using adblockers, you already lost them. So why not make their time worth it and take their money this way instead.
    The settings not being enterable is actually a bug currently with the way we initialize the ads SDK. That will be addressed next update.

There is (as of the 1.2.5 update) a 1 in 3 chance of showing an interstitial ad on a screen change and a chance of showing an app open ad on resuming the ad up to once per session, down from 1 in 2 on previous versions, and there's also frequency capping from AdMob. As it stands currently, interstitial ads have the highest CPC and therefore generate the most revenue. Perhaps if we get enough users, we can reduce their frequency even further or get rid of them entirely. 1.2.5 also removed the restriction on font installs with AdBlock, instead encouraging users to disable by introducing a 10 second wait time. All free downloads of any sort from the API are bandwidth capped and rate limited (mostly so we can provide a fair experience to everyone).

Your other feedback will, of course, be taken into consideration, as always.
    And check all the analytics they scrape from you when you open the app. The list is extensive. So pretty much a personal tracker that you pay for every month 🤣
    You can't make this s*it up 😵💫

If you argue that people find the terminal hard to use and that your reasons were genuine, you would have kept the module working.
    And on top of that, it would made you app more popular as people who found the terminal to hard would go for your app instead. But you didn't, and people see you for what you are. Prove me wrong.

As explained above, the module uses an API we no longer maintain. In addition, it's been deprecated and unmaintained for months, almost entirely lacked android 13+ support, and we have our own reasons for discontinuing it (mostly due to technical debt and cost to run).

Once again, we're sorry you feel this way. But the app is free, we only use Firebase analytics to track user counts and installs, and having a subscription is optional if you want to remove ads and unlock extra themes.

Not much if this is true or genuine. And don't play the victim card. It's pretty clear that you've lost all your credibility.
    You could make module without the API and enable the option for offline font install , the option is already there but wasn't completed for unknown reasons.
    I'm not sure what you think you're accomplishing tbh.

If you don't like the app, use something else. I personally won't stop you nor will I cry if you do. We make and maintain things that work well for us and the majority of our users.

I'll reiterate, we're sorry the app doesn't work for you, and apparently the module worked better for you. But we're not going to invest time and effort in a terminal based module that most users don't seem to prefer, and just because YOU don't see that cost doesn't mean there isn't one.

Aaaaand androidacy have blocked my review of the app. 😃🙏
    Hiding the evidence, what a scum move.
    We don't have the power to hide reviews, only Google does. Evidently, they found it spammy or something 😉

Once again, we cannot and did not delete your review. Plus, Google only shows reviews if enough reviews match your device and Android version. You are completely free to verify this yourself with Google support documentation.

Will do.

You have a serious issue with your apps and I really hope you fix it soon. The problem is not about the fee which you always try to direct users feedback to, the problem is about the app or apps. Poorly coded, very slow loading, endless crashes, ads (can be understandable), and extensive trackers (not only firebase analytics as you mentioned, I found Sentry trackers with thousands of entries).

You and I had this very same discussion about Androidacy Module Manager at least 2 times before, on XDA and Telegram. Unfortunately you don't even want to acknowledge the main issue which is the problematic app design.

Good luck with your model.
    Font Manager doesn't use Sentry, and AMM no longer does either. We simply use MD3 design guidelines, so if you don't like MD3, then unfortunately you most likely will not like our apps. However, it's Google's own design guidelines, so we chose to follow them.

Both font manager and AMM have average loading times of under four seconds. Of course, a number of factors can impact this, and do that time can vary.

Crashes on FoxMMM/AMM were mostly due to a large, convoluted, and undocumented codebase, but that's neither here nor there and not appropriate for this thread.

You can write all you want about things that is un-verify able, especially since you obviously lost all your credibility.
    Once again, we're sorry you're not happy with the new app. But perhaps instead of throwing a fit to try to get the module back, you could provide specific and actionable feedback on improving the app.

The settings not being enterable is actually a bug currently with the way we initialize the ads SDK. That will be addressed next update.

There is (as of the 1.2.5 update) a 1 in 3 chance of showing an interstitial ad on a screen change and a chance of showing an app open ad on resuming the ad up to once per session, down from 1 in 2 on previous versions, and there's also frequency capping from AdMob. As it stands currently, interstitial ads have the highest CPC and therefore generate the most revenue. Perhaps if we get enough users, we can reduce their frequency even further or get rid of them entirely. 1.2.5 also removed the restriction on font installs with AdBlock, instead encouraging users to disable by introducing a 10 second wait time. All free downloads of any sort from the API are bandwidth capped and rate limited (mostly so we can provide a fair experience to everyone).

Your other feedback will, of course, be taken into consideration, as always.

On the request of the OP @androidacy , I have removed or edited posts that are off-topic to this thread. The decision how much off-topic discussion (if any at all) is accepted in a thread solely remains on the thread owner's discretion. The owner is the one who sets the standards -- meaning, for example, if an OP thread owner wishes a thread to be only a support thread on their published work or to only involve discussions on a specific subject/topic (i.e. Pixel's overheating, limitations of Xiaomi's devices, etc.), the moderation team must prune any posts outside of those parameters when requested by the OP. If anything, any member is free to create their own thread about any criticisms or grievances and allow/disallow whatever standards of off-topic they wish to have included.
    I suggest to contact the OP privately if you have questions or concerns regarding the standards and conditions.

As such, opinions/criticisms/judgements or anything outside the topic discussing matters such as app support/troubleshooting/feature-requests/"specific and actionable feedback" will not be accepted in this thread. If the OP has addressed your issues or feature requests (or lack thereof), you must accept this is how the OP offers support and to continue to bring it up without any new "specific and actionable feedback" and/or if the OP has definitively answered on it in no uncertain terms will not be accepted in this thread.

Again, if you have grievances/criticisms/opinions/etc., I suggest you either bring up privately & directly to the OP/dev, create a thread/space yourself to discuss it (where you can control the direction and what is off-topic in your own thread), and/or feel free to bring it elsewhere from this thread.

Additionally, I have merged all of the OP's replies to the various off-topic posts (as shown above) -- for flow & readability (the fact many of them have been removed)

Thanks very much for your understanding and cooperation.
    I wish everyone a Happy Holidays!
    simplepinoi177
    Forum Specific Moderator