Themes / Apps / Mods Magisk Module for "Underclock conversions" to various chipsets. Less heat, greater battery life, more than sufficient performance.

Did it work for you?

• Yes

• No

• I didn't try, just wanted to see the poll results

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
Finally managed to test it. Phone temps are much better. Weather over at my location is around 32-25C, with AC turned at 26C, I'm getting phone battery temps of maximum 36C during use, generally stays around 34-35C.

This works way better than I expected. Do feel free to flash the magisk module or perform the edits according to the contents of the magisk module.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Honestly I don't see to much of a difference (a couple of degrees) but most of all I don't see improvements in battery life which was the main reason I tried it

RoughNeck1971

Feb 26, 2013
Hamburg
I would say this depends very much on how you use your phone. I'm not playing any games and I didn't see any difference. Might be because my CPU is never fully used to its potential. I can imagine that you could feelable save some power (and heat) if you highly use the CPU with games and stuff.

Reactions: xNAPx

gursewak.10

Sep 16, 2013
punjab
Which command do you have in the file to tweak gpu, i only see 2 command to underclock cpu4 and cpu7, where is gpu one? I'm talking about 1st file efficient tuning module.

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
Thanks, So what if i want to underclock gpu more , what value do i need to use and is there minimum limit for underclocking gpu and cpu
Honestly, just try the 778G Gaming version. I'm using this as my daily right now and have yet to notice any compromises in performance. You can tweak the values further but you WILL compromise performance, especially in 120hz refresh and also when using the camera.

gursewak.10

Sep 16, 2013
punjab
Honestly, just try the 778G Gaming version. I'm using this as my daily right now and have yet to notice any compromises in performance. You can tweak the values further but you WILL compromise performance, especially in 120hz refresh and also when using the camera.
Thanks but i went with little more and underclocked all cores to 1.6 and gpu to 443. I don't play games currently so no need of high performance and so far going good. Thanks for the module btw.

Last edited:

droidmate

Jan 24, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
I hv i 11 ultra chinese version. With eu stable latest.
Within 1 week of started using this device itself
it started to get heated with no hard use. It was okey for 5-6 days, even in latest eu rom flashed.

Now
Sometimes it will be fine, sometime for the basic browsing & YouTube watching it heats up to 50-52 degree. During browsing or normal use also feels the heat.

Tried flashing the rom from the scratch again, tried the underclock module here given still the same. Normal cpu heat itself is 43 - 45 degree sometimes.

And in 8k video & pubg gaming sessions cause the cpu to reach 55+ degree.

Is it normal behavior for this device? Or should I try for a service?

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
I hv i 11 ultra chinese version. With eu stable latest.
Within 1 week of started using this device itself
it started to get heated with no hard use. It was okey for 5-6 days, even in latest eu rom flashed.

Now
Sometimes it will be fine, sometime for the basic browsing & YouTube watching it heats up to 50-52 degree. During browsing or normal use also feels the heat.

Tried flashing the rom from the scratch again, tried the underclock module here given still the same. Normal cpu heat itself is 43 - 45 degree sometimes.

And in 8k video & pubg gaming sessions cause the cpu to reach 55+ degree.

Is it normal behavior for this device? Or should I try for a service?
Normal behaviour for this device. Globally the weather is quite warm right now and it definitely impacts the thermals on our phones.

This module assists with controlling the CPU temps but it doesn't make it completely cool. That's impossible. Though your temps are really high, I'm guessing high ambient temps. I read ebooks, browse reddit, youtube videos for 15-25mins) and my temps only get to around 36C ish max.

As for gaming and 8K video (why 8K? Our phone only has a 2K screen) you should consider getting a peltier phone cooler. This 11 Ultra really isn't meant for gaming since the heat is horrible unless you game with a cooler

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Melbourne
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just confirming that these work on my OnePlus 9 Pro, both on OOS11 and OOS12.

Best results for me were using SD865+ and SD778G Gaming, and for the first time on this device I saw a CPU temp of 17 degrees celsius (winter here with ambient temp of around 10 degrees).

Reactions: kankees

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just confirming that these work on my OnePlus 9 Pro, both on OOS11 and OOS12.

Best results for me were using SD865+ and SD778G Gaming, and for the first time on this device I saw a CPU temp of 17 degrees celsius (winter here with ambient temp of around 10 degrees).
    Update4: Added a couple of new options for you guys to test out. Personally, I'm currently testing out the 778G Gaming version. Feel free to try them out to determine which options work best for your usage habits. (FYI, the 778G Daily version is going to cause perceptible delays in photos and 4k videos recording)

UPDATE3: Finally managed to test it. Phone temps are much better. Weather over at my location is around 32-25C, with AC turned at 26C, I'm getting phone battery temps of maximum 36C during use, generally stays around 34-35C.
    UPDATE2: Just received my replacement 11U, now waiting for the 7 days unlock waiting period
    UPDATE1: Added a translated version of the module. Untested.

Note: Please do not post or discuss about performance benchmarks. Regular use and gaming are not affected.

My 11 Ultra got it's wifi chip fried a couple of days ago. The service centre is now processing a new replacement for me. (I work in China so there's that).

In the midst of this extremely annoying debacle. I've looked at various threads and went down the rabbit hole in Chinese forums. Apparently there's a Magisk module that underclocks the CPU and GPU which results in greatly improved thermals. It was a pain in the butt to source this magisk module since Chinese users love asking for people to PM them to share the module. Long story short, took me an hour of searching to find the module.

I've looked through the contents of the magisk module and it does indeed just underclocks the CPU and GPU. Feel free to look at the files inside the zip.

Basically this module does the following
    1. Underclocks X1 core from 2.84ghz to 2.49ghz
      Reduces performance by 13%, reduces power consumption by 32%
    2. Underclocks A78 cores from 2.42ghz to 2.23ghz
      Reduces performance by 5%, reduces power consumption by 14%
    3. Underclocks GPU from 840mhz to 608mhz
      Reduces performance by 27%, reduces power consumption by 54%
    This module will result in the SD888 performing around the same level (if not better than) of the SD870 whilst being more efficient than the SD870. User reports the battery temp during regular use as reported by Miui will sit in the range of 30-34C. During gaming it will be around 42C after 1-2 hours of MOBA gaming

Once I receive my replacement device, I'll give this a try and update OP
    Can I Flash it in Recovery without having installed Magisk ?
    No? This is a magisk module.
    What are those 2 attachments?
    Magisk modules. One is the original by the author which is in Chinese. The other is translated by me.
    You did, that's why I thanked you
    I would say this depends very much on how you use your phone. I'm not playing any games and I didn't see any difference. Might be because my CPU is never fully used to its potential. I can imagine that you could feelable save some power (and heat) if you highly use the CPU with games and stuff.