[Magisk][Module] Google Play Market, Services and TV Search for FireOS 6

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
Here is the work-in-progress Magisk module, which contains latest Google TV applications.
It also contains Xposed module which allow them to work correctly under FireOS 6.
Current Google Search 3.x doesn't compatible with latest fw 6.2.7.1 on Voice function. Use fw 6.2.6.8 for it.

AFTV-GAPPS-MM v.1.3

Contains:
=======
Google Leanback Launcher
Google TV Search
Google TV Market
Google Play Services
Android TV Settings
Requirements:
===========
Rooted FireTV under FireOS 6
Magisk Installed

Install:
=====
Just flash .zip from TWRP recovery or from Magisk Installer from Modules / Add
There will be automatic restart after first run (wait for it)

ATV Settings
==========
You need to grant Location permissions to ATV Settings app from itself to allow scan / show available Wi-Fi networks.

Issues:
=====
Play Store downloads not fully compatible with Amazon download manager. In case apps won't install from Play Store - uninstall Play Sore updates from ATV Settings.
NOTE:
You need to remove and readd Google account after module update.

Have fun!

Last edited:

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
Changelog:
========
v1.0
- Initial release
v1.1
- Added sqlite3 binary + existing Google account in db fix
- Play Market updated to current
- Added Android TV settings app (you can manage Google Account from it)
v1.2
- Fix for some parts of ATV Settings
- Update Play Store to v.18.3.27 and fix it's downloads in AFTV-XM
- Move all GApps to /system/app (for fw/amazon metrics compatibility)
v1.3
- Enable keyboard search from Leanback launcher
- Disable PlayStore selfupdate

Last edited:

hyperblu

Dec 19, 2016
I can login to play store but can't download any apps. Just gives me a pop-up telling me to go to google support to troubleshoot.

richaardvark

Dec 27, 2017
Nashville, TN
How do I undo this? I attempted to install on my 2nd Gen Fire TV stick but was not able to login to the Play store. Nothing would happen when I attempted to login . I uninstalled the modules but now when I restart my Fire TV stick there's a stock photo of a family and it tells me I need to log in. I am still able to access the settings menu and it shows I am logged in still and all of my apps are still on the device . How do I fix this without reformatting the whole thing ?

richaardvark

Dec 27, 2017
Nashville, TN
How do I undo this? I attempted to install on my 2nd Gen Fire TV stick but was not able to login to the Play store. Nothing would happen when I attempted to login . I uninstalled the modules but now when I restart my Fire TV stick there's a stock photo of a family and it tells me I need to log in. I am still able to access the settings menu and it shows I am logged in still and all of my apps are still on the device . How do I fix this without reformatting the whole thing ?
Anyone... please? My device is no longer functional...

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Anyone... please? My device is no longer functional...
Switch to 'Core Only Mode' in magisk settings... reboot. (In case the OS don't boot, you can use magisk manager for recovery, in order to access the settings).
Then you may try a proper uninstall of this module.

richaardvark

Dec 27, 2017
Nashville, TN
Switch to 'Core Only Mode' in magisk settings... reboot. (In case the OS don't boot, you can use magisk manager for recovery, in order to access the settings).
Then you may try a proper uninstall of this module.
Thank you very much. I have tried this and have uninstalled all Magisk modules as well as all Xposed modules, but my standard Fire TV launcher is still not loading properly/corrupted.

It only shows "Home" and "Settings" and says I need to login to my Amazon account (screenshot). I am still able to access the full "Settings" menu (screenshot) and am still logged into my Amazon account (screenshot). If I remove my account it will factory reset the device/delete my data and I don't want that.

I am an idiot and now see this module was for devices running FireOS 6. I am running 5.2.7.2 on my rooted Fire TV Stick (2nd generation - "tank"). Maybe this is why I have messed up the factory launcher/home screen.

I have gone ahead and made a backup of all apps + data using Titanium Backup and will just re-flash the stock ROM and restore my backed-up apps.

I'm sorry to ask this on the wrong thread, but I was attempting to install this module because I really need Google Play Services to function properly. Don't really care about the Play store, but several apps I would like to use require a Google account/Play Services. I can't find anywhere on XDA or online a legitimate way to make this happen. This is what I was hoping to accomplish with the module provided in this thread but was not successful. I believe I can get Google Play Services working if I flash a whole new OS, with LineageOS, but I use the native FireOS built-in Alexa features as part of my smart home setup and don't want to lose this. Does anyone know how/if it's possible to make Google Play Services functional on a Fire TV Stick/tank? Thank you again very much for your help! Sorry to hi-jack this thread... ?️?️

Brian Jung

Apr 15, 2020
Is it normal to see an error message when i try to check updates due fire tv setting's? everything works fine but some of the apps which used to work is no longer functional e.g. mirroring app(forgot the name).

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
Thank you very much. I have tried this and have uninstalled all Magisk modules as well as all Xposed modules, but my standard Fire TV launcher is still not loading properly/corrupted.

It only shows "Home" and "Settings" and says I need to login to my Amazon account (screenshot). I am still able to access the full "Settings" menu (screenshot) and am still logged into my Amazon account (screenshot). If I remove my account it will factory reset the device/delete my data and I don't want that.
In case it isn't good after flashing a new system, data is somewhat corruped too. But if you wipe data, you need to do the setup/logon ;)
Best is if you take clean twrp backups, from a new system with completed amaz. logon/setup and ofcourse just infront any experiments :good:

Reactions: richaardvark

Ungeskriptet

Sep 22, 2019
I've installed this module, PlayStore and the other apps are installed but i can't launch them. There's no shortcut in the app gallery but appear in the settings without the option to launch them. I already tried to reinstall it without success. I'm on Stock FireOS 6.2.7.1 with Magisk on my FireTV Stick 4k.

Last edited:

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
I've installed this module, PlayStore and the other apps are installed but i can't launch them. There's no shortcut in the app gallery but appear in the settings without the option to launch them. I already tried to reinstall it without success. I'm on Stock FireOS 6.2.7.1 with Magisk on my FireTV Stick 4k.
You need to wait till module setup and autoreboot after install and 1st boot. Also, setup will not proceeded untill stick is registered with Amazon account. You can also check /data/adb/modules/aftv-atv/service.log for details.

Reactions: Kramar111

Ungeskriptet

Sep 22, 2019
You need to wait till module setup and autoreboot after install and 1st boot. Also, setup will not proceeded untill stick is registered with Amazon account. You can also check /data/adb/modules/aftv-atv/service.log for details.
The FireTV Stick 4k is registered and rebooted after 10 seconds. I will check the log for errors.

EDIT: I can't see any errors. PlayStore still show up.
EDIT 2: I could open PlayStore with LuckyPatcher but crashes after sometime or the screen is just black.

==========
19:04:54 [start]
19:04:59 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:04 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:09 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:14 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:19 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:24 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:29 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:34 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:39 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:44 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:49 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:54 waiting system boot complete...
19:05:59 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:04 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:09 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:14 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:19 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:24 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:29 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:34 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:39 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:45 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:50 waiting system boot complete...
19:06:55 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:00 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:05 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:10 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:15 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:20 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:25 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:30 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:35 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:40 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:45 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:50 waiting system boot complete...
19:07:55 waiting system boot complete...
19:08:00 waiting system boot complete...
19:08:05 waiting system boot complete...
19:08:13 [preinstall]
19:08:13 [enable aftv-gapps-xm module]
create new /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/shared_prefs/enabled_modules.xml
19:08:17 [disable OTA packages]
Input method org.liskovsoft.androidtv.rukeyboard/com.liskovsoft.leankeyboard.ime.LeanbackImeService: now enabled
Input method org.liskovsoft.androidtv.rukeyboard/com.liskovsoft.leankeyboard.ime.LeanbackImeService selected
19:08:35 [end]
19:04:54 [exit] [.applied]
19:22:59 [exit] [.applied]
19:59:31 [exit] [.applied]
20:01:29 [exit] [.applied]
08:12:41 [exit] [.applied]
11:53:26 [exit] [.applied]
13:17:40 [exit] [.applied]
==========

Last edited:

tsynik

Dec 14, 2010
19:08:35 [end]
19:04:54 [exit] [.applied]
==========
It mean module didn't install xposed framework from itself. Redownload current module version from GDrive (probably i fixed install logic) and reapply or install Xposed Framework from Magisk Manager / Repo and module will work.