• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MAGISK MODULE][LGV30/V30+] Stock Android 9.0 Optimization (ALL in ONE MOD)

Search This thread

Pawel_pecet20

Feb 26, 2010
How to Enable More Display Color Mode :

CHANGELOG :
Code:
- V1 initilal release
- v2 fix speaker glitch because wrong audio configuration on v1
- v3 using latest module script template and fix DTS:X Surround code
- v4 enable all weather effect on lockscreen and fix some configuration media_profile
- v5 enable Steady Record @60fps work only FHD 16:9 and 18:9  doesn't work on FHD 21:9 @60fps
enable Cine Shot for rear and front camera, also enable potrait mode on rear camera (forced using ultra wide angle)
- v6 fix Cineshot, Updated LG Equalizer from LG V50, fix build.prop code for weather lockscreen effect and Custom Equalizer
- v7 Reconstruct all Audio Configuration, added newly audioeffect format, added auxpackagelist for lge apps, enable auto framing smartcam, enable shot solution, remove HDR10 Video support, currently doesn't work (temporary removed until i find the fix), remove older prop code.

- v8.0 :
*add missing audio decoder configuration that supported in our phone
*improved audio with Quad DAC off: disable low power mode audio quality uLP/LP and change to HIFI, change echo preference from mono to stereo 48Khz, this will also improve audio output when using bluetooth headphone/speaker that didn't using Quad DAC.
*add missing permissions for audio, bluetooth and camera, also add permissions for spesific LG V30 Variant.
*reconfigure bluetooth stack a2dp offload
*Added Dual Stereo Speaker

- v9.0 :
*Added paid search features pemissions for chrome
*Revert back mixer_path to default, only HIM Quad DAC and Stereo Speaker mod (at least work on H930DS) other variant to be confirmed
This may fix all your problem to install this main module for variant that have bootloop issue except for CineShot and Equalizer that some variant need special permissions, so i seperated the module.

- v9.1 :
*change back default headphone mode to HIFI instead ULP
*configure initial value for dual speaker as i'm forget to change it.

- v9.2 :
*add missing permissions as system is always looking for
*some changes in media profile (always 100% Jpeg quality)
*some changes in mixer path (dual speaker code follow vendor structure)

- v9.3 :
*bug fixes

- VERSION 9.4 STABLE
*Add variant dual speaker and without dual speaker
*bug fixes
*some change in audio output config

Not work :(

MasterWoju

Mar 21, 2017
Im not sure if is it caused by this modules but songs are restarting randomly when Im listening on spotify. atm Im with stock pie and those modules are included.

gaiaonline

Mar 4, 2021
i have just buy a LG V30, AT&T, want to upgrade new ROM, but do not know where to start

So interesting.
An update for xda-developers members.
Now you can play 2 player games for free online in your free time with friends, any device, no download, no installing. no ads.

Last edited:

Rizal Lovins

Recognized Developer / Themer / Contributor
May 30, 2012
Bandung
LG V30
Hi guys... I just want to tell you there is upcoming update to this module but i need some more test.

I just research from decompiled LGCamera app and want to incrase bitrate 1080p 16:9, i tried change from media_profile and failed (we can change bitrate only for 1080p 18:9 and 21:9 from media_profile it because there is custom code made by LG to the media_profile and easier to change value), there is some hardcore to the bitrate of video recording for 1080p 16:9, this causing to disable ability to change bitrate from media_profile, but i found code that can be added to custom config that LG using it at product/etc/camera_config.xml

I just add some code that relevant to the LGCamera app and it work

so this is list for upcoming update :

AUDIO
- Enable 16/24bit offload
- Enable bluetooth a2dp hw offload (can be disable in developer options)
- Enable gapless playback for any music player app that use system properties
- Use High Dyn Sampler rate for any music player app that use system properties

VIDEO Recording
- Increased bitrate video recording from 36Mbps to 52Mbps (high [email protected]) / 1080p @30fps is 36Mbps from 24Mbps (high) ON ALL aspect ratio
- Increased bitrate for 720p too on all aspect ratio

MEDIA
- Re-enable some codec that disabled by LG
- Try to Re-enable miracast WFD (didn't tested)

NO Changes
- 4K UHD @30fps remain the same at 52Mbps
- AVC Profile baseline lvl 4 for auto and AVC Profile High lvl 5 for Manual Video is remain the same

REMOVED
- Potrait Mode for Rear Camera has been removed due to poor quality and i can't found solution to change to the main camera instead of super wideangle without editing the app, is more complicated if we edit the system app because of signature verification in framework
- remove duplicate aac compress offload (unused code).

I hope i can find something other that can be improved even a little to our lovely old device.

*EDIT
Check first post to download

Last edited:

tomato16

Jan 3, 2011
I've installed both the CineShot_LG_Equalizer_v1.0.zip and Magisk_LGV30_AlO_Optimization_v9.6.zip packages but I can't get forced HIM (high impedance mode) to work.

Hi-Fi Status (LG) shows "Connected to normal audio device" on my US998 when I plug in my headphones. Is there something else I need to do to force HIM?

tomato16

Jan 3, 2011
I've installed both the CineShot_LG_Equalizer_v1.0.zip and Magisk_LGV30_AlO_Optimization_v9.6.zip packages but I can't get forced HIM (high impedance mode) to work.

Hi-Fi Status (LG) shows "Connected to normal audio device" on my US998 when I plug in my headphones. Is there something else I need to do to force HIM?
I think I figured it out. After applying Magisk_LGV30_AlO_Optimization_v9.6.zip, the volume gain is definitely there. Anything over 45 becomes unbearable on my Sundara cans.

Not sure why Hi-Fi Status isn't reporting high-impedance mode on my device even though it did so for @Jilano34 in post #8.

In an older thread, @Whiskeyomega described a method for forcing high impedance mode which although worked also didn't show a change in the Hi-Fi Status app.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020
Seoul

man! There's no any High Impendance mode switchers/mods for V30 device at all.
There's no way to turn ON "HIM" by software, - it is hardware function.
All that XDA have - is simple mod that rises software pre-amplification and that's it. Stupid ppl called this "High Impendance Mode" and cheated other users, but it's not the real meaning of that.

tomato16

Jan 3, 2011
man! There's no any High Impendance mode switchers/mods for V30 device at all.
There's no way to turn ON "HIM" by software, - it is hardware function.
All that XDA have - is simple mod that rises software pre-amplification and that's it. Stupid ppl called this "High Impendance Mode" and cheated other users, but it's not the real meaning of that.
Thank you for clarifying!

Do you know if the software amplification used has any impact on sound quality?

Sep 16, 2020
Seoul
Thank you for clarifying!

Do you know if the software amplification used has any impact on sound quality?
Ofc it has. starting from some pre-amp level overamplification (e.g. High Impendance MOD) brings more sound distortions, lowers Signat-to-Noise value and rises harmonic distortions too.
So pre-amp setup must been used with lot of accuracy.

tomato16

Jan 3, 2011
Ofc it has. starting from some pre-amp level overamplification (e.g. High Impendance MOD) brings more sound distortions, lowers Signat-to-Noise value and rises harmonic distortions too.
So pre-amp setup must been used with lot of accuracy.
That is unfortunate. I've uninstalled the mod for now and went back to "plugging in the cable before plugging in the headphones" to get into AUX mode.

@Rizal Lovins Would you be able to provide a variation of your mod without software amplification?

Rizal Lovins

Recognized Developer / Themer / Contributor
May 30, 2012
Bandung
LG V30
Sorry long time no update. I'm not sure if people still using this device anymore with stock android 9.0

But maybe this is final version for this module, i'm also added new module for thermal engine for people that still use this device for gaming.

If you don't want to enable boost ESS DAC under 50 ohms headset/headphone just edit mixer_paths_tavil.xml in the module zip and find code, then replace with this code

Code:
    <path name="headphones-hifi-dac">
        <ctl name="Es9018 AVC Volume" value="15" />
        <ctl name="Es9018 Master Volume" value="1" />
        <ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="1" />
    </path>

<path name="headphones-hifi-dac-advanced">
        <ctl name="Es9018 AVC Volume" value="0" />
        <ctl name="Es9018 Master Volume" value="0" />
        <ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="2" />
    </path>

<path name="headphones-hifi-dac-aux">
        <ctl name="Es9018 AVC Volume" value="6" />
        <ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="3" />
    </path>

<path name="headphones-hifi-dacdop">
    </path>

<path name="headphones-hifi-dacdop-advanced">
    </path>

<path name="headphones-hifi-dacdop-aux">
    </path>

Don't forget to put file again to the module zip and reinstall the module.

Last edited:

Orof

Jun 28, 2014
Herzliya
Sorry long time no update. I'm not sure if people still using this device anymore with stock android 9.0

But maybe this is final version for this module, i'm also added new module for thermal engine for people that still use this device for gaming.

If you don't want to enable boost ESS DAC under 50 ohms headset/headphone just edit mixer_paths_tavil.xml in the module zip and find code, then replace with this code

Code:
    </path>

</path>

</path>

</path>

</path>

</path>

Thanks! question - after applying the update (the gaming version) every time I get a call the earpiece speaker doesn't work, and i have to switch to speaker mode and then return to earpiece - any solution?

spottingscope

Sep 24, 2021

Code:
    </path>

</path>

</path>

</path>

</path>

</path>

thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, i just want to share new All in One mod for official stock android 9.0 LG V30/V30+

Requirements :
    1. Unlocked Bootloader
    2. Official Stock Android Pie
    3. Magisk Installed

This Magisk Module include :
    1. Camera Improvement: enable all AI supported scenes also 100% JPEG quality, enable Cine Shot from LG V50, also enable Steady Recording @60fps (FHD 16:9 and FHD 18:9) and others improvement.
    2. Audio improvement: bypass detection of HiFi Quad DAC (HIM), improve volume same as Google stock for Qualcomm DAC, enable 384Khz sample rate, enable DTS:X Surround, Custom Equalizer, Dual Stereo Speaker and others improvement.
    3. Performance improvement: removed CPU limitation 2.3Ghz by LG to enable 2.45Ghz, also removed limitation 2.3Ghz for gaming to enable 2.45Ghz
    4. LGE Optimization feature configuration
    5. Enable all Weather effect on Lockscreen
    6. Miracast wfd re-enable
    7. And many more

DOWNLOAD APP (OPTIONAL) :
    CineShot : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lgelectronics/lg-cine-shot/lg-cine-shot-3-0-36-release/

LG Equalizer : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lgelectronics/equalizer/equalizer-7-0-14-release/

Install as normal apk after module is installed!

NOTE:

- Not compatible for Custom ROM and Stock Oreo
    - If you already add DTS:X and Weather code into build.prop you can remove them
    - Steady Recording (EIS) doesn't work on FHD 21:9 @60fps (camera freeze)

CREDITS : @topjohnwu for Magisk @TotallyAnxious @ChazzMatt for DTS:X, Weather Effect, and Custom EQ build.prop
    @Inerent for providing LG V50 files
    Anyone who support my project by posting feedback or suggestions
    I will update this module in a few hours. I have a lot of work on my real life also when i rest i play a game (NxB NV) and check xda for a few minutes everyday. I have tried to mod some app, but like i said in my post a few minutes ago, it need to disable verification signature in framework that mean a lot of work also not universal for all variant LG V30 and OS build version, so for now i will skip modification of system apk. If i find something that can be enable and useful on system apk (resource) i will just make an overlay for that to avoid problem.

Next change will be :
    -add missing audio decoder configuration that supported in our phone
    -improved audio with Quad DAC off: disable low power mode audio quality uLP/LP and change to HIFI, change echo preference from mono to stereo 48Khz, this will also improve audio output when using bluetooth headphone/speaker that didn't using Quad DAC.
    -add missing permissions for audio, bluetooth and camera, also add permissions for spesific LG V30 Variant.
    -reconfigure bluetooth stack a2dp offload

Thanks for all your feedback and support :angel:
    How to Enable More Display Color Mode :
    Delete this overlay file :
    com.android.settings.apk from directory OP/OPEN_XXX/overlay/app

CHANGELOG :
    Code:
    - V1 initilal release
    - v2 fix speaker glitch because wrong audio configuration on v1
    - v3 using latest module script template and fix DTS:X Surround code
    - v4 enable all weather effect on lockscreen and fix some configuration media_profile
    - v5 enable Steady Record @60fps work only FHD 16:9 and 18:9  doesn't work on FHD 21:9 @60fps
    enable Cine Shot for rear and front camera, also enable potrait mode on rear camera (forced using ultra wide angle)
    - v6 fix Cineshot, Updated LG Equalizer from LG V50, fix build.prop code for weather lockscreen effect and Custom Equalizer
    - v7 Reconstruct all Audio Configuration, added newly audioeffect format, added auxpackagelist for lge apps, enable auto framing smartcam, enable shot solution, remove HDR10 Video support, currently doesn't work (temporary removed until i find the fix), remove older prop code.

- v8.0 :
    *add missing audio decoder configuration that supported in our phone
    *improved audio with Quad DAC off: disable low power mode audio quality uLP/LP and change to HIFI, change echo preference from mono to stereo 48Khz, this will also improve audio output when using bluetooth headphone/speaker that didn't using Quad DAC.
    *add missing permissions for audio, bluetooth and camera, also add permissions for spesific LG V30 Variant.
    *reconfigure bluetooth stack a2dp offload
    *Added Dual Stereo Speaker

- v9.0 :
    *Added paid search features pemissions for chrome
    *Revert back mixer_path to default, only HIM Quad DAC and Stereo Speaker mod (at least work on H930DS) other variant to be confirmed
    This may fix all your problem to install this main module for variant that have bootloop issue except for CineShot and Equalizer that some variant need special permissions, so i seperated the module.

- v9.1 :
    *change back default headphone mode to HIFI instead ULP
    *configure initial value for dual speaker as i'm forget to change it.

- v9.2 :
    *add missing permissions as system is always looking for
    *some changes in media profile (always 100% Jpeg quality)
    *some changes in mixer path (dual speaker code follow vendor structure)

- v9.3 :
    *bug fixes

- VERSION 9.4
    *Add variant dual speaker and without dual speaker
    *bug fixes
    *some change in audio output config

- VERSION 9.5
    *Cleanup unused files
    *fix flash sometimes doesn't work when taking photo

- VERSION 9.6 :
    AUDIO
    - Enable 16/24bit offload
    - Enable bluetooth a2dp hw offload (can be disable in developer options)
    - Enable gapless playback for any music player app that use system properties
    - Use High Dyn Sampler rate for any music player app that use system properties

VIDEO Recording
    - Increased bitrate video recording from 36Mbps to 52Mbps (high [email protected]) / 1080p @30fps is 36Mbps from 24Mbps (high) ON ALL aspect ratio
    - Increased bitrate for 720p too on all aspect ratio

MEDIA
    - Re-enable some codec that disabled by LG
    - Try to Re-enable miracast WFD (didn't tested)

NO Changes
    - 4K UHD @30fps remain the same at 52Mbps
    - AVC Profile baseline lvl 4 for auto and AVC Profile High lvl 5 for Manual Video is remain the same

REMOVED
    - Potrait Mode for Rear Camera has been removed due to poor quality and i can't found solution to change to the main camera instead of super wideangle without editing the app, is more complicated if we edit the system app because of signature verification in framework
    - remove duplicate aac compress offload (unused code).

*STABLE VERSION 10.0
    *AUDIO :
    - Fix sometimes internal audio recording not working
    - Add/fix some missing code in audio_policy_configuration

*CAMERA :
    - 100MB bitrate for 4K UHD (High setting)
    - 52MB bitrate for 1080p @30/60fps (High setting) in all aspect ratio
    - 36MB bitrate for 720p @30/60fps (High setting) in all aspect ratio

*GAMING :
    - Slightly Improved performance for gaming
    Module updated to v8.0
    I'm also added Dual Stereo Speaker (earpiece is used).

If you don't want Dual Stereo Speaker just edit mixer_path_tavil.xml in my module before installing.
    Code:
        <!-- START specific mixer settings for Dual Stereo Speaker -->
        <path name="speaker-earpiece-protected">
    		<ctl name="AIF4_VI Mixer SPKR_VI_1" value="1" />
            <ctl name="AIF4_VI Mixer SPKR_VI_2" value="1" />
            <ctl name="SLIM_4_TX Format" value="PACKED_16B" />
            <ctl name="VI_FEED_TX Channels" value="Two" />
            <ctl name="SLIM0_RX_VI_FB_LCH_MUX" value="SLIM4_TX" />
            <ctl name="SLIM0_RX_VI_FB_RCH_MUX" value="SLIM4_TX" />
            <ctl name="RX0 Digital Volume" value="90" />
            <ctl name="SLIM RX0 MUX" value="AIF1_PB" />
            <ctl name="CDC_IF RX0 MUX" value="SLIM RX0" />
            <ctl name="SLIM_0_RX Channels" value="Two" />
            <ctl name="RX INT0_1 MIX1 INP0" value="RX0" />
            <ctl name="RX INT0 DEM MUX" value="CLSH_DSM_OUT" />
            <ctl name="EAR PA Gain" value="G_6_DB" />
        </path>

<path name="speaker">
    	    <path name="speaker-earpiece-protected"/>
        </path>
        <!-- END specific mixer settings for Dual Stereo Speaker -->
    CHANGE BACK TO
    Code:
        <!-- START specific mixer settings for Speaker -->
        <path name="speaker">
        </path>
        <!-- END specific mixer settings for Speaker -->
    Thanks.
    Any new update coming?
    No ETAs.

Assume all released mods are in final version -- unless the dev says otherwise. ;)

If I was a Dev it would annoy the heck out of me for people to imply what I had done for free was not good enough for them and they were publicly asking for something better.

As opposed to ME (in my spare time) willingly trying to improve what I had created and then releasing it when IT WAS READY.